2023 MLB Draft thread

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

So are the Pirates really passing on Skenes and Crews and maybe even Langford too?  That seems insane and really dumb to me even if you get massive savings on Clark.  

Certainly seems that way. Crazy to pass on both Skenes and Crews, but they kind of did the same thing when they drafted Davis a few years back.

39 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’ve heard that Pirates might float Thomas White to 42. I’m guessing it’s around $4 million. 

Interesting. I was just wondering if he might be a 1st round option for the Sox.

Edited by DirtySox

Latest BA mock btw.

15. White Sox — Tommy Troy, 3B, Stanford

Slot Value: $4,488,600 

Total Bonus Pool: $9,072,800

It’s been college and hitter heavy for the White Sox for a while now in my conversations, and they should be right in the middle of a solid wave of college hitters. In this scenario Troy, Enrique Bradfield, Nolan Schanuel and Chase Davis seem to be the best of the bunch. Chicago gets linked more to the college third base duo of Yohandy Morales and Brock Wilken than others around it as well, and I think they are real options here as well. It’s very hard to see players like Brayden Taylor and Jacob Gonzalez getting much further down the board than this if they are somehow still available with all of the potential landing spots in front. 

Update: I feel like Brayden Taylor and Jacob Gonzalez could be the top targets for this spot, but they aren’t getting here in how I’ve played out the first round. Don’t count out a prep pitcher with the White Sox, which means Noble Meyer or Thomas White could potentially be options. That’s notable when many teams in the top 20 are notoriously not linked to the prep pitchers.

Dart Throw Later Picks: SS Adrian Santana

Edited by DirtySox

15 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

My draft prediction is its no one we see coming and then the front office spends more time crowing that no one saw it coming

lets say noble meyer or something

My guess earlier today was Nimmala which Harold seemed to confirm interest in. Sticking with it.

• bmags unpinned this topic