Rumor: Sox Pursuing Jose Quintana

Chicago White Sox

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because we have little to no starting pitching depth.  Not suggesting that Quintana is the answer, but I’m not surprised they’re looking for an insurance arm since there isn’t anything after Martin.

I see your point, but the Sox need to do something dramatic. They just don't have the capability to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

Why frustrates me is no action on acquiring LH bullpen help when Crochet went down and then realizing Bummer out until September.   Sox are awful on defense.  Don’t buy. Save the resources. Lost season.  

We might be good enough to win the Central but that would be maxing out from what I've seen.  Maybe a few key deals will set us up for the next few post-TL years.  Unless we turn it on NOW...I would recommend we become strategic sellers.

9 hours ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

Why are we entertaining things that are not even remotely true or plausible?

This was the most common reply when Nightengale first had the report that the Sox were considering interviewing LaRussa for the job…..just saying. 

Feel like acquiring Quintana alone would just be super underwhelming, if they could somehow manage to put a package together for Q and a piece that fits this core for the next few years (Bryan Reynolds) then Hahn needs to make it happen. If LaRussa isn’t going anywhere anytime soon then Hahn has to shake things up. 

Bryan Reynolds solves RF perfectly the next 3 years and has a real approach to the game that this group just does not posses right now. Unfortunately this is the same organization that thought bringing in Nomar Mazara and Adam Eaton would fix the problem. It’s a pipe dream but anything less than a an eye opening move just feels like you’re just kicking the can down the road 

Edited by Rey21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

This was the most common reply when Nightengale first had the report that the Sox were considering interviewing LaRussa for the job…..just saying. 

Oh man I still remember seeing that and thinking it was just one of those token gestures and then all of the sudden it was like shit, they really hired this guy. 

17 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because we have little to no starting pitching depth.  Not suggesting that Quintana is the answer, but I’m not surprised they’re looking for an insurance arm since there isn’t anything after Martin.

You know the Sox identify a need and go after it 100% with relief pitching , right handed hitters and, injured players and old guys .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

8 hours ago, Rey21 said:

Feel like acquiring Quintana alone would just be super underwhelming, if they could somehow manage to put a package together for Q and a piece that fits this core for the next few years (Bryan Reynolds) then Hahn needs to make it happen. If LaRussa isn’t going anywhere anytime soon then Hahn has to shake things up. 

Bryan Reynolds solves RF perfectly the next 3 years and has a real approach to the game that this group just does not posses right now. Unfortunately this is the same organization that thought bringing in Nomar Mazara and Adam Eaton would fix the problem. It’s a pipe dream but anything less than a an eye opening move just feels like you’re just kicking the can down the road 

And we are running out of road.