Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

Top Ten White Sox Position Players 2013-2023 (fWAR)

1. 27.4 Jose Abreu
  2. 18.5 Tim Anderson
  3. 14.3 Adam Eaton
  4. 13.9 Yoan Moncada
  5. 10.7 Luis Robert Junior
  6. 6.2 Alexei Ramirez
  7. 5.7 Avisail Garcia
  8. 5.5 Eloy Jimenez
  9. 5.4 Tyler Flowers
  10. 5.2 Adam Engel

Top Ten White Sox Pitchers 2013-2023 (fWAR)

1. 20.7 Chris Sale
  2. 19.5 Carlos Quintana
  3. 14.8 Lucas Giolito
  4. 11.9 Carlos Rodon
  5. 11.4 Dylan Cease
  6. 7.7 Reynaldo Lopez
  7. 6.6 Lance Lynn
  8. 4.4 Aaron Bummer
  9. 4.2 Liam Hendriks
  10. 4.1 Miguel Gonzalez
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Rick Hahn literally hired this dude to be his manager in a must win season:

Too amped up and hyper/energetic but not focused on studying the game and opposing pitchers?

Or a reference to the Sammy Sosa clubhouse incident with the Cubs where they destroyed his boom box with bsts after he left the team?

Guess his behavior is rubbing others the wrong way when he's putting up such poor numbers...?

Not like his Sox contract made him set for life...maybe some jealousy from other players who had to work harder/longer to get to the big leagues?

Edited by caulfield12

No way they can name Getz now after Trifold with the taint of the Royals...

Better not try to claim it's about Michigan Tough or one crap like that from the winter weather and Chris' time playing or the Wolverines.

Surely advisable moving on from Hahn Getz and Beckham altogether and starting some new traditions.

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No way Rick survives this season.  He makes Dave Stewart look like John Schuerholz.

The only reason I think he might is that any sane owner would have punted him into the sun by now 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sox would have been better if Pollock stayed one more year. The Sox would have avoided five years of Benintendi.

Benintendi has turned out to be one of the best signings by Hahn. He's a good ballplayer. I'm glad he's on the team.

• Like 1

This team will not change until the entire regime is gone. Hahn, Kenny, Getz...and most important of all, the head of the beast, Jerry. Until then, nothing will change and we'll see this happen year after year after year. Such a sad state of affairs. Go Bears?

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

The only reason I think he might is that any sane owner would have punted him into the sun by now 

While anything is possible with Reinsdorf, for the first time in years I feel like there may be hope for change.  Back in 2016 when we were so-called “mired in mediocrity”, we finished with a 78-84 (.481) record and a -29 run differential.  We were basically the 19th best team behind the 16th largest payroll.  This season ultimately led to the rebuild, which is something no one felt Jerry would ever agree to.

Now, as of today, we are sitting on a 41-59 (.410) record and a -75 run differential.  We are effectively the 26th/25th best team in baseball behind the 12th largest payroll in baseball.  And while 12th may not seem that big, our $185M payroll is only $17M from the 8th largest (in 2016 we were $45M from the 8th largest).  Point is Jerry is spending a ton of money and is getting garbage results.  Not only that, but it’s having an impact on attendance (worse when almost all teams are up YoY) and ultimately his bottom line.

If the mediocre season that was 2016 was able to lead to structural change, then I’d have to imagine the most disastrous season during Jerry’s tenure will lead to something even more drastic.  The one thing we know Jerry cares about is never being in the red and Rick has almost single-handily delivered that this year.  We are also seeing fan engagement at an all-time low, which poses a threat to future season attendance and TV ratings.  Jerry may be super loyal, but sticking with Hahn is literally punting money and we saw there was finally a breaking point with the Bulls when a subpar product threatened Jerry’s golden goose.  I just don’t see any way Jerry can ignore all the facts at this point and retain Rick Hahn as GM.  Change has to be coming.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

While anything is possible with Reinsdorf, for the first time in years I feel like there may be hope for change.  Back in 2016 when we were so-called “mired in mediocrity”, we finished with a 78-84 (.481) record and a -29 run differential.  We were basically the 19th best team behind the 16th largest payroll.  This season ultimately led to the rebuild, which is something no one felt Jerry would ever agree to.

Now, as of today, we are sitting on a 41-59 (.410) record and a -75 run differential.  We are effectively the 26th/25th best team in baseball behind the 12th largest payroll in baseball.  And while 12th may not seem that big, our $185M payroll is only $17M from the 8th largest (in 2016 we were $45M from the 8th largest).  Point is Jerry is spending a ton of money and is getting garbage results.  Not only that, but it’s having an impact on attendance (worse when almost all teams are up YoY) and ultimately his bottom line.

If the mediocre season that was 2016 was able to lead to structural change, then I’d have to imagine the most disastrous season during Jerry’s tenure will lead to something even more drastic.  The one thing we know Jerry cares about is never being in the red and Rick has almost single-handily delivered that this year.  We are also seeing fan engagement at an all-time low, which poses a threat to future season attendance and TV ratings.  Jerry may be super loyal, but sticking with Hahn is literally punting money and we saw there was finally a breaking point with the Bulls when a subpar product threatened Jerry’s golden goose.  I just don’t see any way Jerry can ignore all the facts at this point and retain Rick Hahn as GM.  Change has to be coming.

While all of this is logical and true, JR is also about to allow him to make changes to this organization related to the future, both immediate and years down the line.  Within this week he is gonna make these changes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

While all of this is logical and true, JR is also about to allow him to make changes to this organization related to the future, both immediate and years down the line.  Within this week he is gonna make these changes.

Checkmate…I have no rebuttal to this point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Sox would have been better if Pollock stayed one more year. The Sox would have avoided five years of Benintendi.

Beni is actually playing fairly well right now and I suspect once you get a full year or so past his injury, increased power will come, maybe even some 15 HR seasons to go along with high average and high OBP. I think that's pretty solid, certainly better ROI than most of our signings. 

Honestly, he is way far down on the list of things to complain about and the leadoff spot seems to be good for him.

38 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It’s crazy. It’s the one thing that makes me think they may keep everyone around. The one saving grace is more ticket holders will bail if they do than ever before. The team has to know this.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It’s crazy. It’s the one thing that makes me think they may keep everyone around. The one saving grace is more ticket holders will bail if they do than ever before. The team has to know this.

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023 at precisely 5:01pm, if Hahn and Reinsdorf insanely decide to make zero trades and keep the team intact, then that day will officially tell all Sox fans...they are fu*ked as fans with the #1 most dysfunctional loser team in baseball, that absolutely will never change....until Jerry dies and the team is sold! 

It will be official that Jerry has completely checked out mentally and doesn't give a sh*t anymore. It will be his final stamp of approval to let his genius GM Rick Hahn continue on his quest for the "parade!"

• Like 1
  • Fire 1