Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

8 hours ago, tray said:

Hahn invited KW or JR to fire him and suggested he might resign. Hahn is a lame duck. The only reason he is still there is that JR needs some time to interview candidates for GM and KW's position as well. Also JR may want his son Michael and other family members and business partners to get involved in that firing/hiring process.

Hahn over-promised/under-delivered in a very tough and competitive sports business environment.  We all knew it was BS when he said it ...multiple championships?  Never promise that which you cannot deliver. There is a thin line between confidence and over-confidence and that line is often coated with bravado and bullshit. 

I think it’s at the point now where we all need to finally see it to believe it. I think Hahn is going to have to pull a Robin Ventura and resign. It doesn’t matter how dysfunctional and horrible things get, Jerry never wants to let go of his buddies. Instead of answering questions about the toxic state of his team, he ignores media members and smokes a cigar with joy. The man just DGAF anymore. IMG_2825.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

22 hours ago, Tony said:

Heard on the radio yesterday by the end of the year, the Sox will have the 28th "best" record in baseball over the last decade, the Royals have a better record over the last 10 years than the Sox. 

Don't worry, if Rick ever decides that he's not the right guy for the job, he'll step aside. #accountability.

Morning bump.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I agree with Great Scott. JR doesn't care anymore. If he is really "miserable" and wants the team to win, he would have taken some strong steps to turn the team around, and he would have done it years ago.  If he wants to win, he should spend some money this offseason. If he doesn't, the Sox will just have another 90-loss season. So, I don't want to hear how much he wants to win. I don't believe it. Most fans don't believe it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Highland said:

I agree with Great Scott. JR doesn't care anymore. If he is really "miserable" and wants the team to win, he would have taken some strong steps to turn the team around, and he would have done it years ago.  If he wants to win, he should spend some money this offseason. If he doesn't, the Sox will just have another 90-loss season. So, I don't want to hear how much he wants to win. I don't believe it. Most fans don't believe it. 

He does want to win but as I've pointed out before he wants to win HIS WAY. Big difference and the results show it. 

On 8/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, Capn12 said:

I saw this from Jay Cuda, and ....well....it really makes sense with the product we see on the field

I'm not positive, but I think I read somewhere it's even worse when you compare the Sox to the Dodgers or Rays and some other teams besides the Cubs...for those FO baseball operations employees.

Then again Jerry told us he knows best and he is so much smarter than all those other dumb owners.

• Hawk 1

Who the F are the people on here defending the front office. I don’t get it. 

A HORRIBLE case of Stockholm syndrome? Trolling? Trying too hard to be positive? Planted members of the FO?

It makes zero sense. There is nothing defendable or redeemable about this organization.

And, somehow, someway, people are trying to defend this. Why?!? What the f*** is happening? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He does want to win but as I've pointed out before he wants to win HIS WAY. Big difference and the results show it. 

It's a strange way of wanting to win. You don't want to win that badly if you only want to prove a point and keep failing in the process.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sox72 said:

Who the F are the people on here defending the front office. I don’t get it. 

A HORRIBLE case of Stockholm syndrome? Trolling? Trying too hard to be positive? Planted members of the FO?

It makes zero sense. There is nothing defendable or redeemable about this organization.

And, somehow, someway, people are trying to defend this. Why?!? What the f*** is happening? 

Where are you seeing people defend the FO? All I see is piling on the FO (rightfully so)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Highland said:

It's a strange way of wanting to win. You don't want to win that badly if you only want to prove a point and keep failing in the process.

The arrogance and egotism in the front office doesn't allow them to admit failure so they continue to stay the course and fall flat on their faces. 

9 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Definitely not a lot but you will definitely see people defend the organization in threads here and there.

I see it more as defending some *actions* as not being totally wrong. The FO hasn't been 100% wrong. But if you defend, for example, dumping Madrigal, then folks claim you're defending Hahn. I believe there is a difference. 

18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Wouldn’t today be a great day for the White Sox to announce Rick Hahn is no longer with the organization?

A wouldn't tomorrow suck to learn the job will be done by a committee of Williams, LaRussa, and Hawk after consulting JR? 

It can get worse™

20 minutes ago, Texsox said:

A wouldn't tomorrow suck to learn the job will be done by a committee of Williams, LaRussa, and Hawk after consulting JR? 

It can get worse™

While there’s always that possibility, the White Sox are currently irrelevant. So does it really matter fandom wise if they lose 95 games or 105?

I guarantee the next GM of the White Sox will not be around as long as Hahn if he fails at the same clip. He’s made Bob Pulford look like he got a raw deal.

• Haha 1