Jump to content

Fire Rick Hahn


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Dudes a cuck watching TLR and Jerry fuck his team. 

Not really, he has been involved in said fucking heavily. Rick, Tony and Jerry are all responsible. What percentage each is responsible for, is up for debate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not really, he has been involved in said fucking heavily. Rick, Tony and Jerry are all responsible. What percentage each is responsible for, is up for debate. 

They all gotta go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

They all gotta go. 

I don't disagree, but Jerry can't be fired so we're hoping for the other two. KW/RH=GarPax. Hopefully if they fail this year, Jerry will have had enough. Those fuckers have been running the team for 20 years. Time for a new direction. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Metal bat

Jesus Christ, you still have to hit the ball in the air to hit homers. It doesn’t really matter in that case  if you swing an aluminum bat or a piano leg. Don’t be dense.

Vaughn is hitting the shit out of the ball, but his launch angle (just like the entire team) is lower than it should be. Your hot take is: he doesn’t have enough power for 1B.

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fegan has a great article about today.  Couple of tidbits:

- Sox clubhouse was upset about lack of trades

- Nothing was close to being completed today

- Hahn hinted at a reckoning if this team fails

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fegan has a great article about today.  Couple of tidbits:

- Sox clubhouse was upset about lack of trades

 

- Hahn hinted at a reckoning if this team fails

They do realize a good chunk of them shouldn't be here, if said trades occurred right?  Clearly they aren't just low in the baseball IQ department.

 

Hopefully that reckoning for Hahn is him being unemployed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Jesus Christ, you still have to hit the ball in the air to hit homers. It doesn’t really matter in that case  if you swing an aluminum bat or a piano leg. Don’t be dense.

Vaughn is hitting the shit out of the ball, but his launch angle (just like the entire team) is lower than it should be. Your hot take is: he doesn’t have enough power for 1B.

I don't think he has consistent 30 HR power, but I do think Vaughn will have a lot of seasons in the 20-29 range. This is fine if he's hitting .300

He might get 30 or 31 a couple times. 

 

Edited by Jack Parkman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fegan has a great article about today.  Couple of tidbits:

- Sox clubhouse was upset about lack of trades

- Nothing was close to being completed today

- Hahn hinted at a reckoning if this team fails

1. They only have themselves to blame

2. Good, they're not winning a WS even if they win this dumpster fire of a division

3. Hopefully it involves Hahn and Tony being held accountable

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fegan has a great article about today.  Couple of tidbits:

- Sox clubhouse was upset about lack of trades

- Nothing was close to being completed today

- Hahn hinted at a reckoning if this team fails

Could the sitting on his hands in 2022 be subtly setting up the team, aka TLR, to fail?  Probably just incompetence but the chaos/fallout might be fun.  

Curious what a reckoning might look like.  Hahn gonna resign and tell JR he needs to clean house the way Paxson did?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fegan has a great article about today.  Couple of tidbits:

- Sox clubhouse was upset about lack of trades

- Nothing was close to being completed today

- Hahn hinted at a reckoning if this team fails

I’m so scared.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hahn entered the season with Andrew Vaughn & Gavin Sheets as key pieces of our OF mix.  Prior to the Pollock trade, Rick specifically mentioned these guys as primary options to fill the RF hole despite being slow, lumbering 1B/DH types.  Because of injuries to players with poor records of health and Pollock's inability to play RF, both Vaugh & Sheets have received a significant amount of OF time this year.  As the vast majority of Soxtalk predicted, playing 1B/DH types in the OF has led to incredibly bad OF defense and has negated much of the value these two would otherwise provide with the bat.

To put this into perspective, I took the DRS for all OFs with at least 300 innings played and then calculated their DRS on a per 9 inning basis.  112 different OFs met this threshold and guess who rank dead last.  That's right, Gavin Sheets & Andrew Vaughn ranked 111th & 112th respectively.  Even more amusing is that Vaughn is nearly twice as bad as Sheets is on a rate basis.  To think these guys were potential everyday OF options is probably a fireable offense for a major league GM, but to stick with them post trade deadline should result in an effective ban from any future front office position.

Rick Hahn is legit incompetent and needs to be fired if this organization ever wants to take a step forward.  No doubt there are other large problems within the organization, but I have never seen such poor vision and horrible execution from a GM whose team is in the middle of its competent window.  This trade deadline just reinforces all of Rick's flaws and make the need for change even more painfully obvious.  Fire the dude and finally give us a chance to become an above average organization.

 

2022 YTD DRS.PNG

There were plenty of people on here last year defending Vaughn's OF play so let's not kid ourselves . I was one of very few who didn't have Vaughn fever about him playing in the OF in 2021. Most wanted to see him get AB's any way he could, which has worked  well for his development as a hitter getting to be around pro's and getting a better feel against MLB RHP.

Someone will always defend the stats on his OF play last year ( and plenty have) but the sample size was too small for anything conclusive. Anyone with any knowledge of baseball could see he never had the speed to play OF effectively over a longer sample size and I said as much.

Menechino probably helped him a lot with his hitting. Maybe he'd have a lot more HR's zoning in on pitches in his sweet spots and only using the Menechino approach with 2 strikes. He should also be getting more walks but like Tim and Eloy he is effective going to RF and doesn't let the outside pitches go by risking K's and leading to less walks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There were plenty of people on here last year defending Vaughn's OF play so let's not kid ourselves . I was one of very few who didn't have Vaughn fever about him playing in the OF in 2021. Most wanted to see him get AB's any way he could, which has worked  well for his development as a hitter getting to be around pro's and getting a better feel against MLB RHP.

Someone will always defend the stats on his OF play last year ( and plenty have) but the sample size was too small for anything conclusive. Anyone with any knowledge of baseball could see he never had the speed to play OF effectively over a longer sample size and I said as much.

Menechino probably helped him a lot with his hitting. Maybe he'd have a lot more HR's zoning in on pitches in his sweet spots and only using the Menechino approach with 2 strikes. He should also be getting more walks but like Tim and Eloy he is effective going to RF and doesn't let the outside pitches go by risking K's and leading to less walks.


 

Current MLB OPS

 

8. Jose Ramirez

10. Juan Soto

12. Josh Bell

15. Machado

16. Andres Gimenez

20.  Brandon Drury/Ty France (once a Padres’ prospect)

23. Abreu

24. Buxton/Ohtani

30. Arraez

32. W.Contreras

37. A.Vaughn

38. Schwarbs

40. JD Martinez

44. K.Marte

45. Lux/Santander

47. Seager

49. Lindor/Springer 

51. Luis Robert

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rick couldn't improve the team during the offseason, and couldn't improve the team at the deadline. The team needs improvement. You don't need degrees from Harvard, Michigan and Northwestern to know what needs to be done at the GM position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Rick couldn't improve the team during the offseason, and couldn't improve the team at the deadline. The team needs improvement. You don't need degrees from Harvard, Michigan and Northwestern to know what needs to be done at the GM position.

Listened to Antonetti interview today.

Talked extensively about guys like Gimenez and McKenzie who struggled mightily, went to the minors last year, and worked super hard on improving and learning from failure.  Same thing with Naylor returning from catastrophic injury, Kwan taking huge strides and Miller becoming a regular after huge struggles in 2021 as well.  Maximizing  their talents…following an individualized improvement plan designed specifically for each player by the front office.  Rosario yet another.  Reyes basically the only player to go backwards, and he’s a veteran who simply can’t catch up to fastballs and has been in-between all year long.

Noteworthy they taught team important lesson by going with rookie Oscar Gonzalez instead…sent Reyes to AAA.  Accountability and also letting players know the guy who’s getting the job done will get the playing time regardless of previous major league track record.

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's not the best sign when someone who got nothing done starts the press conference by expressing how "Sleep deprived" he is,  looking for "I tried" points.  just weak in a number of ways.

Hahn could certainly use a stronger staff, especially in analytics and pro-scouting.  But that's on him.

And what's with the affectation with these veteran relievers.  Does he have a Rasputin whispering to him?  Or maybe it's LaRussa. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dear Rick....

I thought that we had made it to the top
I gave you all I had to give
Why did it have to stop?
You've blown it all sky high
By telling me a lie
Without a reason why
You've blown it all sky high
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cleveland came within about 1,000 fans of outdrawing the Sox against AZ at home…that’s yet another issue, but more a barometer of fanbase enthusiasm.  Of course, the weather forecast undoubtedly had something to do with it, too. 
 

Under 20,000 at GRF…whereas Twins hosting boring Detroit at home after that flurry of deadline moves drew 25000 plus.

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...