Tim Anderson out 4-6 weeks with torn ligament in his hand

chw42

To be fair, we've been with out Tim Anderson for 4-6 weeks already in a way... 

Last 30 games:

Player A: .286BA, .300OBP, 10 runs, 1 homer, 3rbi

Player B: .258BA, .289OBP, 14 runs, 1 homer, 4rbi

One is Tim Anderson in 93 AB's, the other is Leury Legend over 49 AB's. 

Take away? In the words of Marshawn Lynch - got to get your mentals right. Balancing a disaster in your home life and then trying to hit major league arms isn't very easy. 

If I'm even going to spin zone this, it may be helpful to have him out of the locker room for a few weeks ... 

Let's see if Sosa can step up and take the reigns. If not, Romy is now healthy too batting .471 in August (1 week) with 4HR last week, 10 RBI. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep you could tell he was hurt right away.  Seems odd they just announced this.  Hope this doesn’t impact his power next year.

I think the announcement has to do with the suspension. I'm not sure you can serve it from the IL, so you do it this way -- suspension on Sunday/first game of DH. You have Sosa up for 1st game of DH to take his spot while he serves his suspension, Reynaldo comes back and Timmy goes on IL for "Game 2". Suspension served and you're not shorthanded for Game 1 in the infield. That way he doesn't have to serve anything when comes back. Also why they were super quiet about it and why the airport pictures were worth discussing ... smoke = fire

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Can't wait for injuries being the excuse for why TLR gets another chance.

^^This right here is nightmare fuel.  But probably the reality of the situation.  TLR will be back because his ego won't let him go out like this.  He and JR will chalk this up to injuries and just bad luck.  Everyone but the hitting coach will be back next year for another ride of the Titantic surprise ending.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

^^This right here is nightmare fuel.  But probably the reality of the situation.  TLR will be back because his ego won't let him go out like this.  He and JR will chalk this up to injuries and just bad luck.  Everyone but the hitting coach will be back next year for another ride of the Titantic surprise ending.  

This org would be dumb enough to both 1) Bring back that clown and 2) Assume they will magically be healthy next year.

This is bad news of course, but despite hitting a little over .300, I don't think Anderson was contributing all that much. In the past, he seemed to ignite this team. Not so this year. Before I would say this would be devastating. I don't feel that way now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, he gone. said:

Let's see if Sosa can step up and take the reigns. If not, Romy is now healthy too batting .471 in August (1 week) with 4HR last week, 10 RBI. 

While I think Romy is interesting, he's been dealing with injuries almost the entire season, and that weekly stat line is a 25 year old beating up on children in the ACL.

In a vacuum, losing TA hurts.  Going from even the TA of the last few weeks to Leury is serious downgrade.  But this isn't the loss it was earlier in the season when TA went down. 

I hope to see Sosa get some serious run, but I think it'll be a 50/50 timeshare at best with Leury.  

Let's hope Sox are still in this thing when they get a healthy (and hopefully recharged and rejuvenated) TA back mid to late September.  

Edited by ChiSox59

30 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony and Hahn weren't extended until at least 2024 or 2025 last offseason after their AL Central Division Championship and Game 3 win over Houston.

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

In a vacuum, losing TA hurts.  Going from even the TA of the last few weeks to Leury is serious downgrade.  But this isn't the loss it was earlier in the season when TA went down. 

I hope to see Sosa get some serious run, but I think it'll be a 50/50 timeshare at best with Leury.  

Let's hope Sox are still in this thing when they get a healthy (and hopefully recharged and rejuvenated) TA back mid to late September.  

I would be surprised and impressed if somehow this turned into a 50/50 split on playing time.

• bmags pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic