08/16: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN (CEASE V VERLANDER)

Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The reality will set in that he's in AA, just like Sosa who just started AAA, people will have kneejerk reactions that they are not very good.  Sosa was facing a HOF pitcher tonight,  Kudos for Tony for playing him since kids to need some of that pressure of a division race which isn't happening in the minors.

But Sosa isn’t a lefty or an outfielder. Sox need both. I‘D honestly rather see Leury at SS than Sosa right now. I wouldn’t rather see Sheets in RF than Colas even if Colas struggles at the plate a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I don’t want to get carried away but is Houston one of the better matchups for the Sox in the playoffs, if they get in? Cueto owns the Astros and the Sox aren’t phased by Verlander. Of course, Mccullers just returned and he’s the Sox kryptonite. 

I don’t know that we can say they’re a good matchup just yet, especially after last year.  But they’re hardly unbeatable.  Just need to get the offense going but I feel better about this year’s pitching than I did about last year’s.

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don’t know that we can say they’re a good matchup just yet, especially after last year.  But they’re hardly unbeatable.  Just need to get the offense going but I feel better about this year’s pitching than I did about last year’s.

We need Giolito and Lynn to turn the corner.

• Like 4

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

I think one thing is certain. The Sox may have been a better team last season but they peaked at the wrong time and Houston was a far worse matchup for the Sox last year than this year. It would be neat seeing the Sox start peaking now into October. Braves did the same thing last year and carried that momentum through the playoffs. Sometimes it’s not about who you play but when you play them.

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

But Sosa isn’t a lefty or an outfielder. Sox need both. I‘D honestly rather see Leury at SS than Sosa right now. I wouldn’t rather see Sheets in RF than Colas even if Colas struggles at the plate a bit.

That pitch that Colas blasted tonight looked like a pretty good pitch but it didn’t fool him at all. 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I think one thing is certain. The Sox may have been a better team last season but they peaked at the wrong time and Houston was a far worse matchup for the Sox last year than this year. It would be neat seeing the Sox start peaking now into October. Braves did the same thing last year and carried that momentum through the playoffs. Sometimes it’s not about who you play but when you play them.

I agree, though I wouldn’t say then Sox were better last season either.  People are far too quick to make definitive pronouncements about seasons that are still in progress.  The story of this season is still being written.

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I agree, though I wouldn’t say then Sox were better last season either.  People are far too quick to make definitive pronouncements about seasons that are still in progress.  The story of this season is still being written.

I think this season's pitching is better than last season

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Let’s worry about getting in the playoffs first.

30 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think this season's pitching is better than last season

We are better now without Keuchel.  Our

pitching has been solid lately and is what has been carrying the team. Our D, base running, offense and manager still pretty much sucks, but maybe it’s turning the corner hopefully.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

We are better now without Keuchel.  Our

pitching has been solid lately and is what has been carrying the team. Our D, base running, offense and manager still pretty much sucks, but maybe it’s turning the corner hopefully.

We are better now without McGuire as well.

47 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

They are missing Carlos Correa which was a big cog last year.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

It's amazing how soft the "ra-ra" crew is. You aren't anywhere to be found when shit gets bad, but when they win a game, you're here to tell everyone the "Sox are back!!!111" 

Charmin soft

I'm more of a fan of the @RagahRagah crew than the ra-ra crew, personally

8 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Next two games are house money right? I think most would have been thrilled to see the Sox split this series. To pick up 1.5 games on Cleveland while playing Houston and they’re playing Detroit is HUGE

Going into the series yes. Now that we’ve taken the first 2 games, I’d be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed if we don’t win a third.