White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)

Greg Hibbard

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Math time:

if Cleveland goes 21-21 with one win vs the Sox, we have to play .600 ball the final 40 to pass them. Something we can’t do apparently. 

I would be surprised if they play .500 ball. That seems to be a lot to ask for

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Math time:

if Cleveland goes 21-21 with one win vs the Sox, we have to play .600 ball the final 40 to pass them. Something we can’t do apparently. 

The Sox couldn't even play .600 ball against some of the worst teams in baseball during a 19 game stretch. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

And then the team miraculously stays in the race somehow. But they don't ever do enough to take control of the division or go on any prolonged runs that make you think they're good. This season really has been the equivalent of baseball hell. 

It’s why I said earlier that Robert will tear his ACL or Cease will blow out his arm.  It would be the perfect way to ruin next year during the worst year ever.

1 minute ago, Bossanoveralls said:

It's a Caddyshack joke.

A thousand pardons for crossing your line.

Need to read the room better.

Ok my bad then. Not a caddyshack fan. My Apologies to you

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Lets not forget with men on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out . TLR could've hit Sheets  for Harrison vs. a RH.

You are absolutely right.  No sense of urgency again from TLR.  Harrison strikes out stays in the game and makes an error right away.  Sheets a potential home run hitter stays on the bench The whole game against a bunch of righty pitchers.

Edited by hankchifan
Spelling

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I agree, Tony. You're lousy. Relief pitcher hits two batters in a row, and you lose to a lousy team in an empty stadium. The power numbers for this team are awful. No one is going to get 100 RBIs or even 20 homers. Yes, when you put runners on, you are supposed to drive them in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s why I said earlier that Robert will tear his ACL or Cease will blow out his arm.  It would be the perfect way to ruin next year during the worst year ever.

You obviously forgot 1968, 1973, 1984, 1995 and 2009...those were also awful seasons where the Sox were expected to do well and fell flat on their faces.

10 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Catcher, RF, LF, IB and DH 

They may play them but they are clear liabilities out there. Eloy and Vaughn are horrible outfielders that cost you runs and ultimately games. Grandal is not even close to being worth the 15 or so million we pay him, Seby is a more productive catcher at this point. Grandal has thrown out 17% of guys attempting to steal this year, down from 19% last year. He is not good, his defensive WAR is -.1 over his 3 years with the Sox. Sheets is a decent 1B and Abreu is OK. But those other 3 have no business being in the OF and catching.

6 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

You helped making it lousier in this game today.  You have been lousy in most every game this season.  The buck should stop in the field with you.  You have been unable to adjust and keep doubling down on your mistakes. You should resign immediately.