White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)

Greg Hibbard

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You obviously forgot 1968, 1973, 1984, 1995 and 2009...those were also awful seasons where the Sox were expected to do well and fell flat on their faces.

95 was terrible. Wasn't that the year they had Dave Righetti and they brought him up and no one even knew?

The White Sox have now lost 25 games to teams currently under .500. When you play 162 games at times you are going to lose some to some bad teams...but 25 already?

And fans wonder why they can't put any type of run together.

The Royals by the way now have 50 wins this year. NINE have come against the White Sox. That's 18% of all their wins this year and they lead the season series 9-7.

Today should put the final nail in the issue of if TLR is back next year...but as long as the owner is in his corner, it probably won't.

The update on Kopech by the way is a hamstring not a knee. Yet another in a seemingly endless string of soft tissue injuries.

And the Kelly signing by Hahn, aka the Michigan law grad, is looking like one of the worst signings in his tenure (and he's had more than a handful dating back to Jeff Keppinger...)

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You obviously forgot 1968, 1973, 1984, 1995 and 2009...those were also awful seasons where the Sox were expected to do well and fell flat on their faces.

I've been around a while, and I remember all these bad years. Actually 1968 was bound to happen; that team had absolutely no hitting. Peters and Horlen had been over-used during the years and came up with sore arms. But this year is worse than the rest. Just plain dumbness.  On the field and in the dugout.

Hello, Lip. It's Dan.

Edited by Highland
  • Like 1

Did not watch the game today. Probably won't watch too many more games this year especially once College FB starts. 

There has never been a White Sox team that I have not enjoyed watching any more than this one. And you long time Sox fans know that is saying a lot. 

I expect this team to quit here very soon. There are way too many players on this team who are not dedicated to being professional athletes. And then you add totally inept leadership at EVERY level and this is what you get.

This Front office, coaching staff, and team do not deserve the time, attention or money from White Sox fans any more this season. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

After some reflection today’s loss is primarily on TLR for the following reasons:

- Not pulling Kopech right out of the game

- Not pinch hitting Sheets for Harrison with men on second and third late with less than 2 outs, when Harrison had failed on these situations over and over.

- Not having ReyLo pitch the 7 th after facing just one batter in the 6 th, and brought Graveman early instead.  We ended up with Graveman in the 7 th and Kelly/ Ruiz in the dreaded 8 th blowing the game open.  It should have been ReyLoin the 7 th, Graveman in the 8 th and Hendriks in the 9 th if needed.

I rest my case,  we are not going to make the playoffs with TLR as manager.  He needs to resign.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, almagest said:

I'll say that if Ethan Katz had anything to do with Kopech starting today and Cease being skipped then he should be gone too.

The entire coaching staff should go after this season. Next spring training should have an entire new look.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kopech saying he would give it a try but clearly was working around something is hilarious.  It was obvious to everyone but two people that he shouldn’t be out there.  

The crazy part is Tony had him go anyway even though Cease could easily have gone today if you knew Kopech had some difficulties (and just have him get an extended rest or even skip his turn in the rotation).  

28 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

After some reflection today’s loss is primarily on TLR for the following reasons:

- Not pulling Kopech right out of the game

- Not pinch hitting Sheets for Harrison with men on second and third late with less than 2 outs, when Harrison had failed on these situations over and over.

- Not having ReyLo pitch the 7 th after facing just one batter in the 6 th, and brought Graveman early instead.  We ended up with Graveman in the 7 th and Kelly/ Ruiz in the dreaded 8 th blowing the game open.  It should have been ReyLoin the 7 th, Graveman in the 8 th and Hendriks in the 9 th if needed.

I rest my case,  we are not going to make the playoffs with TLR as manager.  He needs to resign.

When you're right you're right.  

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

That's one jabroni that I hated. The dude that let his players get shafted by the umps and did nothing

Totally and how sad is it that he would likely be better than this shit show.