White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)

Greg Hibbard

Just now, hi8is said:

Hard to evaluate any talent with these quacks developing them.

His value just doesn’t add up.  He’s so damn slow and doesn’t have elite loft.  He’s a double play liability now.  His ceiling is just really low with this version.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

That's fair and I also don't trust Rick Hahn to get fair value for him so basically damned if you do/dont

I also don’t think other teams would give up a ton to get him.  I know you and I want him traded for Jazz, but Marlins would want way more.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I say this with all due sincerity.

Jim Boylan would be a managerial upgrade over Tony La Russa.

Terry Bevington would be a managerial upgrade over Tony La Russa.

Matt Nagy would be a managerial upgrade over Tony La Russa.

Fuck dude Sleeppy Manuel too

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

How in the fuck do you swing first pit h you mother Fucking dip shit. Ate you Fucking kidding me. If Fucking Menechino ain't gone next season Holy Fucking shit

Give him a take sign next time.  I don’t think a take sign is in the TLR playbook.  Must be an unwritten rule.  AlsoVaughn should not be hitting behind Abreu.  Two slow runners hitting back to back, and no chance of a hit and run to avoid double play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

His value just doesn’t add up.  He’s so damn slow and doesn’t have elite loft.  He’s a double play liability now.  His ceiling is just really low with this version.

Luckily it's only his 2nd year and he's improved a lot and maybe next year he'll improve again playing 1st base .

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

You cannot go into next season with Eloy, Vaughn, Grandal, Sheets and Abreu on the roster. You have 1B/DH. That's terrible.

No reason to be trading these guys. They can hit and play multiple positions which gives the manager options. You don’t trade out of frustration 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

IIRC, he started doing similar stuff last year during this time. It may just be the fatigue from the season. They're called the dog days for a reason.

Also, is it just me or does Vaughn look bigger around the waist compared to last year? His sprint speed is about 14% slower compared to last year. 

• Like 1