White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)

Bob Sacamano

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Could you imagine how much Stoney would have blamed Renteria if his team didn’t hustle like this?  

2 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Stone acting like Renteria was the worst manager he's ever seen during 2020 is still so bizarre to me

Jerry instructed his worthless paid hacks to attack Renteria, knowing full well he already hired Tony  in the Spring or Summer. Fully convinced of the Sox won the fucking WS in 2020, they would still have fired Renteria.

Tony was toxic to the universe before his DUI, had no chance of remaining with the Angels or being hired anywhere else’s once his DUI arrest was leaked.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Orioles are just as good as the Sox

Orioles are better. They would be 10+ over .500 if they played the imbalanced AL Central schedule, and the Sox ten - games under if they played the AL East schedule.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

About to be 4 games out, essentially 5 games. Guardians main guys in bullpen are great.

I said it going into this season after Hahn failed to address at least 3 major holes…

”I’m afraid we’ll finish third.”

Welp, certainly seems like fears for sometimes become reality… but all I had to do is evaluate my life for 5 minutes for that truth to become apparent.

Yay. I’m so overwhelmingly happy. Oh boy.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"Luck is the residue of design" - Hall of Fame executive "Branch" Rickey. 

not sure how anyone can watch this team and really believe its "bad luck"

Time and time again in the situations where the game is for the taking the fail 

Edited by harkness99
  • Like 3

Luck is a huge element in sports, especially in close contests. An inch, a bad bounce, or a couple of long balls that fall just short of being home runs.

One bad hanging pitch driven out for a 3 run home run...one of just 5 hits in the game.

46 minutes ago, tray said:

Luck is a huge element in sports, especially in close contests. An inch, a bad bounce, or a couple of long balls that fall just short of being home runs.

One bad hanging pitch driven out for a 3 run home run...one of just 5 hits in the game.

You’re  arguing  that the Sox have bad luck to explain the season?

Edited by Chick Mercedes

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

My man Jose had no chance against that high heat from the closer. This has been the least enjoyable season in memory. Another injury tonight. Another loss. Boy do the Sox reek.

Jose swung at a 3-2 pitch out of the strike zone, plate discipline comes into play there especially in that situation. Eloy is considered "day to day" X-rays were negative. We'll see if the Sox sit him for 3-4 days then decide to play shorthanded before placing him on the IL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan Pasqua said:

I remember the day Aaron Rowand was dumped thinking uh oh this is bad karma...and here we sit.  We can't get rid of POSHOFTLR but we dumped Arow like he was cancer?  Wtf

And Carl Everett…two emotional leaders on that team.  Plus, Uribe was also beloved in the clubhouse. Those three, although Uribe stuck around longer due to Buehrle interceding with front office. 

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, tray said:

Losers often blame bad luck, winners just get on with it.

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic