2. Andrew Vaughn (R) RF
3. Jose Abreu (R) 1B
4. Eloy Jimenez (R) DH
5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
6. AJ Pollock (R) LF
7. Luis Robert (R) CF
8. Josh Harrison (R) 3B
9. Romy Gonzalez (R) 2B

Our lineup is deep enough for Robert to be hitting 7th?

7 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

What a ridiculous lineup. If Robert is back, hit him where it matters. Andrus leading off isn't really a long term sensible move.

And again, why bring Yoan back, to sit on the bench?

Hoping Robert can swing the bat with two hands and arms today.

In terms of Yoan, Hahn has been doing this all season. Never recall anything like it across The MLB.

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

My only guess why Robert is hitting 7th, Cairo is worried a bit that Robert won't be able to last the whole game and doesn't want the replacement to be stuck at the top of the lineup

Or he just wants to ease him back into the lineup with minimal pressure. It’s not uncommon for guys to struggle after missing time. And considering lineup construction doesn’t mean much anyway, I don’t mind it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yoan, Robert, and Eloy all need to stay on the field these last 28 games. They have to play through whatever aches and pains they might feel. Need to get TA back and make a legit run with everyone available the last 3 weeks. 

This is it right now. Put up or shut up. Every game has to be played like a playoff game starting today. 

1 hour ago, Capn12 said:

What a ridiculous lineup. If Robert is back, hit him where it matters. Andrus leading off isn't really a long term sensible move.

And again, why bring Yoan back, to sit on the bench?

Robert at #7 is a head scratcher and I'm not seeing the logic. If you play Robert high at #3 for example, you have a better shot of making sure he is protected and he sees more good pitches to hit. I'm sorry but Harrison and Romy at 8 & 9 is not protecting him and Cairo is negating Robert's strength batting him 7th. Plus Grandal at #5 and Pollack #6 before Robert? Not a smart lineup!