2nd Base I guess it’s going to be Sosa or Gonzalez?

AJ'S Cousin

One of the last of the legit 2nd Baseman is gone. Jean Segura is signed by Miami. I don’t see see Burger taking grounders at second. Don’t see Moncada moving to to 2nd and Burger playing 3rd. Elvis is still out there I think and could fill the hole for a year or 2 

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

One of the last of the legit 2nd Baseman is gone. Jean Segura is signed by Miami. I don’t see see Burger taking grounders at second. Don’t see Moncada moving to to 2nd and Burger playing 3rd. Elvis is still out there I think and could fill the hole for a year or 2 

You make a lot of new posts for discussions happening in other posts.. but yes, at this time 2B will be filled internally which we've kinda been told all offseason.

• Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

Does anybody really think Romy has any chance of being a good regular? Just don’t see any standout skills and the only real sustained success he had in the minors was 344 AB’s as a 24 in AA. Obviously our options are limited, but I think you have to let Sosa absolutely fail before Romy sees any kind of regular AB’s. 

8 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Does anybody really think Romy has any chance of being a good regular? Just don’t see any standout skills and the only real sustained success he had in the minors was 344 AB’s as a 24 in AA. Obviously our options are limited, but I think you have to let Sosa absolutely fail before Romy sees any kind of regular AB’s. 

He should have really prevented the pandemic if he wanted to be taken seriously.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

He is certainly interesting.  Romy should start as of now and make Sosa earn it at AAA or spring training.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

He should have really prevented the pandemic if he wanted to be taken seriously.

So the 900+ PA’s before and after the pandemic don’t mean anything? And also the mediocre #’s at Miami that caused him to be an 18th round pick? 

Just trying to be honest here…every organization has a AAAA utility infielder, ours isn’t anything special. 

16 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I'm good with them competing in Spring Training. If Romy earns it then so be it. Sosa looked like he could use more time in the minors. Maybe he will earn a quick call up early in the season.

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

So the 900+ PA’s before and after the pandemic don’t mean anything? And also the mediocre #’s at Miami that caused him to be an 18th round pick? 

Just trying to be honest here…every organization has a AAAA utility infielder, ours isn’t anything special. 

He hits the ball very hard. If other orgs have a player that hits the ball very hard and plays 6 positions they should see what they have as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have no idea what is taking Hahn so long to get Madrigal back where he belongs.  If the scouts and FO thought, he deserved to be drafted 4th overall in the country...surly he is good enough to play in front of Leury.  It would also help me get over the stench of the Kimbrel disaster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I think he has an outside shot to put up 15-20 HR's with the correct swing changes. There are obviously concerns with his lack of discipline, but I'd be willing to give him a shot with this new 2.5 hitting coach approach.

4 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Yes, I do.

• Like 1