2023-24 NFL Season Thread

Getting absolutely hammered now.

Bring on the Bills/Chiefs.

How did Geno Stone as a 7th round draft pick become a starter?  Never saw him even making it onto an NFL roster.

Guuess it's the same answer as Purdy.

At any rate, need at least one decent game tonight.

Edited by caulfield12

I think I’ve figured out the Packers. Get small chunks of yardage, get in short third downs, get one explosion play or pass interference penalty and then score. I feel like I’ve seen this script repeatedly as a lifelong Bears fan.

Edited by The Beast

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Never fear.  Jordan Love is always good for a stupid INT.  Goodbye, Packers!

A lot like Favre.  Gunslinger mentality.

He has a very strong arm...but let's not act like he has a 70-75 in baseball terms.

Trying to make the impossible pass against his body through three defenders.

That GB kicker's going to have a long long offseason of reflection...even with the terrible weather and ball not being all that well placed.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

A lot like Favre.  Gunslinger mentality.

He has a very strong arm...but let's not act like he has a 70-75 in baseball terms.

Trying to make the impossible pass against his body through three defenders.

That GB kicker's going to have a long long offseason of reflection...even with the terrible weather and ball not being all that well placed.

Between Love and Carlson, the Packers were primed for chokage.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m just shocked they even had a chance to win this game. Didn’t expect them to make the playoffs let alone go toe to toe with the loaded 49ers.

Just about everything had gone right for the Packers the past 4 weeks until that 4th quarter. They were on a serious hot streak. Even their crappy defense was playing really well and their offense was turnover free and constantly moving the ball. Aaron Jones got healthy and got more carries which transformed their run game. AJ Dillon getting too many carries was hurting them. They also had no pressure on them being a 7 seed. You saw how much the pressure got to Dallas last week. Good thing Jordan Love tried to play hero ball when he really didn't need to. Seems like he loves trying to force throws to Watson in late and close situations. He's been picked 3 times this year on those throws. 

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

Just about everything had gone right for the Packers the past 4 weeks until that 4th quarter. They were on a serious hot streak. Even their crappy defense was playing really well and their offense was turnover free and constantly moving the ball. Aaron Jones got healthy and got more carries which transformed their run game. AJ Dillon getting too many carries was hurting them. They also had no pressure on them being a 7 seed. You saw how much the pressure got to Dallas last week. Good thing Jordan Love tried to play hero ball when he really didn't need to. Seems like he loves trying to force throws to Watson in late and close situations. He's been picked 3 times this year on those throws. 

I mean they went blow for blow on a short week on the road against the best team in the NFC that was coming off a bye. I never expected that. Crazy that if they pull that game out they’re likely headed to the SB (I think they beat Detroit). Also crazy that they actually looked like the better team up until the Carlson missed FG.

Aaron Leming had a great tweet about how Zac Robinson and Liam Coen seem like guys that would go to other teams and be like Slowik and Canales, but if they went to the bears they’d be just another run of Nagy/Getsy.

Bears fans have been so quick to compliment, rightfully so, LaFleurs offense recently. Makes me have greater respect for what Eberflus saw in that offense when he nabbed Getsy.

At the time we hired Nagy, we had no idea he “developed” the greatest modern QBs first year.

These would be profiles that I’d be so pumped for to hire now. Yet we seem to pull the few examples of guys who cannot actually lead what they were taught.

Id guess this is why we should value that Waldron and Others had called plays prior. But man I wish we could actually hit on one of these guys on the way up for once.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Can you name a QB that played on 4 teams in 3 years who was?

Probably a HoFer or two in their mid to late 30s.

Mayfield was actually better than Brady last year…pretty amazing they recovered from 4-7 when given up by all for dead.

Shades of Scott Norwood...that wind really pushed it, looked like a golf ball slicing badly with the wind pushing it.

Might have made it if it was ten yards shorter.

Honestly thought KC was dead in the water with how their defense was decimated by injuries and getting diced up in the first half...but both D's recovered in that 4th quarter.

Mahomes finally had the opportunity to prove he could win on the road.

Chiefs' rushing attack made a huge difference compared to the peak Chiefs' teams of 3-4 years ago that were so much based on WR play (Hill) and younger Kelce.

The FG miss aside, I thought the Bills' play calling after the 2 minute warning was a huge headscratcher. They had a 2nd and 9 going into the 2 minute warning and the Chiefs had 3 timeouts. If you score a TD then and there, which is what they were going for on the first play out of the 2 minute warning, you're giving Mahomes the ball with 2 minutes left and 3 time outs. I'd say the chances of him scoring a TD to win the game are pretty good. If you throw the ball twice there and tie the game, which is what ended up happening, you leave Mahomes with at least 1:30 and 3 timeouts to get in FG range, which I would say is very likely to happen. I thought they should have at least tried to run the ball a few more times, burn KC's timeouts, and whatever happens happens. They ran the ball well all game and Cook was getting 6 yards a carry. Not trying to run some clock there when Mahomes is on the other sideline made no sense to me. 

• Like 1