4/14 - BAL at CWS - Wells vs Clevinger - 7:10 PM ET

Capn12

8 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The Sox have now had two games where they led in the 7th inning or later and lost. Diekman has been instrumental in both of those games, both lost in the 7th inning.

And here's something that's being lost, granted injuries, but the Sox offense has now scored three runs or less in seven of the 14 games played. 50%. And four of the last five games.

If memory serves they were around or exactly at 50% in this same category last year. Maybe it wasn't all TLR?

The bullpen is horrible. Diekman and Bummer make my stomach churn with every ball they throw, You could bring a fan in from the stands and get the same result (a loss). 

TLR saw this team for what it was and quit on them. He and (Leury Garcia) became scapegoats. Jose Abreu had enough.

There is just something about these players that make them unlikeable. I've been a Sox fan forever and can never remember needing to force myself to watch games. It's more agony than pleasure. It should be fun.

I noticed when Burger homered last night that the dugout responded happily. Except for Jimenez. He never even picked his head up to see what happened. But he does wear bright red shoes. They match Moncada's fluorescent green look nicely.

They are all about themselves and not team players. As Hawk Harrelson said " you don't get off the island without the stats"

• Like 4
  • Hawk 1

11 hours ago, The Beast said:

I see a continued trend from last year where they haven’t been able to put it together. Either they pitch well and don’t hit, or they hit well and don’t pitch and they rarely put the two together. At best, this team looks like a .500 team. 

They probably benefited from playing their division so much that they didn’t have to compete as much against the other divisions and that is how they could finish in second, just what JR’s philosophy is. Now that they have this new schedule, they just can’t keep pace with the other teams. The rest of the league got better, the Sox did not.

I thought you had a great summary in the first paragraph but I think you lost it in the 2nd one. In 2022, the White Sox finished 15-17 against the East,  37-39 w Central,  18-16 w West and 11-9 against inter-league. So in 2022, they basically finished within a game of .500 against  every division in baseball.  So the White Sox did not "benefit" from playing their own division since they were really .500 against every division they played. They were really a perfect .500 team.

2 hours ago, soxrwhite said:

The bullpen is horrible. Diekman and Bummer make my stomach churn with every ball they throw, You could bring a fan in from the stands and get the same result (a loss). 

TLR saw this team for what it was and quit on them. He and (Leury Garcia) became scapegoats. Jose Abreu had enough.

There is just something about these players that make them unlikeable. I've been a Sox fan forever and can never remember needing to force myself to watch games. It's more agony than pleasure. It should be fun.

I noticed when Burger homered last night that the dugout responded happily. Except for Jimenez. He never even picked his head up to see what happened. But he does wear bright red shoes. They match Moncada's fluorescent green look nicely.

They are all about themselves and not team players. As Hawk Harrelson said " you don't get off the island without the stats"

You nailed it! For all the years I've been a die-hard Sox fan, this is the most unenjoyable and painful Sox team to watch. I recall over the years enjoying watching the Sox play even when they weren't good. There were always some good players to cheer for. 

Yet I find myself not only not enjoying this team anymore but being totally upset for the following reasons:

1. Absolutely hate the owner Jerry Reinsdorf for what he has done with this team and showing he doesn't give a s%*# if they are a bad and hard to watch. I've always hated Reinsdorf and even when we won the WS in 2005. I will never forgive him him for how he ran Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson out of town. 

2.  Can't stand that Rick Hahn destroyed this rebuild. He has clearly put us even further back. He has not only destroyed the rebuild, but has built a garbage farm system now ranked #26. His non-stop excuses continue to become more nauseating to listen. Yet he still has a job.

3. This team just doesn't have any chemistry like the other winning teams in baseball seem to have. You're right, it's a bunch of selfish players, with horrible baseball skills, that shows up every game with this horrible offensive structured team, terrible defensive players and probably the worst bullpen in baseball.

4. This team is always injured. Again back to Hahn because he put this team together.

I don't like or respect George McCaskey as an owner of the Bears, but at least when people miserably fail him, he will eventually fire their butts and make changes. This demented owner is just so arrogant and apathetic and just keeps letting the horse s%*# pile up?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You nailed it! For all the years I've been a die-hard Sox fan, this is the most unenjoyable and painful Sox team to watch. I recall over the years enjoying watching the Sox play even when they weren't good. There were always some good players to cheer for. 

Yet I find myself not only not enjoying this team anymore but being totally upset for the following reasons:

1. Absolutely hate the owner Jerry Reinsdorf for what he has done with this team and showing he doesn't give a s%*# if they are a bad and hard to watch. I've always hated Reinsdorf and even when we won the WS in 2005. I will never forgive him him for how he ran Michael Jordan and Phil Jackson out of town. 

2.  Can't stand that Rick Hahn destroyed this rebuild. He has clearly put us even further back. He has not only destroyed the rebuild, but has built a garbage farm system now ranked #26. His non-stop excuses continue to become more nauseating to listen. Yet he still has a job.

3. This team just doesn't have any chemistry like the other winning teams in baseball seem to have. You're right, it's a bunch of selfish players, with horrible baseball skills, that shows up every game with this horrible offensive structured team, terrible defensive players and probably the worst bullpen in baseball.

4. This team is always injured. Again back to Hahn because he put this team together.

I don't like or respect George McCaskey as an owner of the Bears, but at least when people miserably fail him, he will eventually fire their butts and make changes. This demented owner is just so arrogant and apathetic and just keeps letting the horse s%*# pile up?

The Bears President just retired after about 40 years in the organization.  They fired Lovie Smith and have yet to recover.  Salary cap is only reason they spend money. 

3 hours ago, soxrwhite said:

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

The Bears President just retired after about 40 years in the organization.  They fired Lovie Smith and have yet to recover.  Salary cap is only reason they spend money. 

I agree leaving Ted Phillips as president for that long was a dumb decision. Then again George didn't keep Ted for his football decisions. 

At least McCaskey fired the three loser GM's prior to Ryan Poles in the last 11 years. Reinsdorf still has the same duo of loser FO guys in Kenny and Rick in those same 11 years. 

46 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I agree leaving Ted Phillips as president for that long was a dumb decision. Then again George didn't keep Ted for his football decisions. 

At least McCaskey fired the three loser GM's prior to Ryan Poles in the last 11 years. Reinsdorf still has the same duo of loser FO guys in Kenny and Rick in those same 11 years. 

Going back over twenty years now... 

Can they please "accidentally" not stitch a Diekman #42 jersey for today's Jackie Robinson games to prevent him from totally screwing up yet another game??? 

55 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I remember last night when Diekman came in the game, Steve Stone said Diekman has looked good when he has gotten the ball over the plate.  Of course we all know the problem with that.

4 hours ago, soxrwhite said:

So agree with this. I'm starting to sour on Jimenez. Everything is a Fucking joke to that dude. Just break it up. Seriously

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SCCWS said:

I thought you had a great summary in the first paragraph but I think you lost it in the 2nd one. In 2022, the White Sox finished 15-17 against the East,  37-39 w Central,  18-16 w West and 11-9 against inter-league. So in 2022, they basically finished within a game of .500 against  every division in baseball.  So the White Sox did not "benefit" from playing their own division since they were really .500 against every division they played. They were really a perfect .500 team.

That’s totally fair. I was thinking more from an overall perspective and not a 2022 perspective. The jury is out but I think the new schedule will hurt a team like the White Sox.

Was at the game yesterday.  Awful.  Had to check my bag even though I had several medical devices in it and when I pointed this out, the guy was very uncooperative in helping me figure out a way to keep the bag.  Also had to pay $10 for it.  Nearly didn't get into the stadium because of the new barcode needed.  Apparently the normal tickets that were used last year don't work.  Apparently you need a special barcode.  And once again, really unhelpful in trying to help me figure this out.  The lines at the concessions were long as hell.  It's as if the Sox are too cheap to properly staff the concessions.  And the team itself on the field was lifeless after the 6th inning.  I love the White Sox with all my heart and soul but this experience left me upset and angry.  It wasn't this bad in the rebuild.  This team actively hates it's fan base.  Whatever.  Arsenal have made me so happy this year that at least I have them.  It's nice that their new day to day owner actually appears to give two shits about their fans.  This year's Arsenal team is what the Sox were supposed to be.   A dominant, swaggering, likable team that plays together.  We only actually got this in 2020 and parts of 2021.

53 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Was at the game yesterday.  Awful.  Had to check my bag even though I had several medical devices in it and when I pointed this out, the guy was very uncooperative in helping me figure out a way to keep the bag.  Also had to pay $10 for it.  Nearly didn't get into the stadium because of the new barcode needed.  Apparently the normal tickets that were used last year don't work.  Apparently you need a special barcode.  And once again, really unhelpful in trying to help me figure this out.  The lines at the concessions were long as hell.  It's as if the Sox are too cheap to properly staff the concessions.  And the team itself on the field was lifeless after the 6th inning.  I love the White Sox with all my heart and soul but this experience left me upset and angry.  It wasn't this bad in the rebuild.  This team actively hates it's fan base.  Whatever.  Arsenal have made me so happy this year that at least I have them.  It's nice that their new day to day owner actually appears to give two shits about their fans.  This year's Arsenal team is what the Sox were supposed to be.   A dominant, swaggering, likable team that plays together.  We only actually got this in 2020 and parts of 2021.

Suggest you let brooks know about your experiences. It won't hurt I guess.

2 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

A couple of posts in this thread are scary to me about what the White Sox have become. Add me to the category of fan who thinks it's unwatchable. I'm even ambivalent on Stoney and Jason now. I used to like to listen to them, now I don't care what they are saying. ... If that Eloy story is true, that's incredible. If he didn't care about a teammate's home run. And that ball by Burger was crushed. Looks like the new manager has made no effect on chemistry. ... Don't shoot me for this, but maybe AJ or Ozzie woulda/shoulda been the answer. I'm thinking if either had been given true authority (maybe not in this day and age) they'd kick some life into the team.

Oh well. Jerry isn't selling I guess. Hahn apparently has no idea what to do if the Sox have nothing on the farm to go with this brittle team. I guess pretty soon we're all going to just shut up and not watch at all rather than me now being satisfied with watching the game summary after the game on mlb.com.

And the Sox should hear your story and treat you to a game in the best seats after you having a bad experience with smug employees to boot.

Edited by greg775