4-16 GT: Orioles at Sox (1:10pm) - Delayed til 3:30

36 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Would not mind Eloy being traded.

he's closer to a DFA candidate than trade option at this point

and no I'm not saying he's about to be released but that's closer to reality than anyone giving up legit prospects for him. he's a freaking DH who's always hurt

Just now, joejoesox said:

he's closer to a DFA candidate than trade option at this point

and no I'm not saying he's about to be released but that's closer to reality than anyone giving up legit prospects for him. he's a freaking DH who's always hurt

Cmon man.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

JERRY, PLEASE SELL the EFFEN team to someone who would care about the product and the fans, NOT LOYALTY TO YOUR IDIOT FO STAFF . We need a GM who actually knows what he's doing unless the reason he sucks is because you and Kenny are pupeteers and don't allow him to do what he really wants to. when other teams wanted to hire Hahn, who you thought was a wiz kid, you made promises to promote him. You did and look at what happened. We caught lighting in the bottle. Hahn gets promoted a few years later and we've not been the same. Please SELL  

I feel your frustration but shouting at the sky on a message board isn't gonna do anything. gotta stop going to games, gotta cancel your MLB.tv package, stop buying merch

giving them your hard earned money gives them a massive incentive to not change a damn thing 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yeah, they ain't fooling me on another rebuild.  No fucking way.  

it's way more nuanced than "don't blow it up because the same people are in charge"

a huge problem with this team imo is some guys were given massive extensions before they proved anything

let new young players who are hungry and aren't millionaires come in and fucking earn it

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes, the money stat is bogus if a large portion of that is out

Still paying Kimbrel lol? 

Pretty soon Ruiz/Diekman list of salaries to players not on the roster will be higher. 

Obviously Hendriks not at the back end makes a massive difference because roles and expectations become unsettled and unpredictable... most relievers prefer order and established roles but that's impossible with this collection current occupying the pen. 

2 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

it's way more nuanced than "don't blow it up because the same people are in charge"

a huge problem with this team imo is some guys were given massive extensions before they proved anything

let new young players who are hungry and aren't millionaires come in and fucking earn it

Yet that hasn't screwed over Rays Guardians Brewers Rays Orioles... it's the character and competitiveness/sense of pride in the players you target. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

It's their only way of holding guys beyond their arbitration years, since Jerry refuses to ever pay market value.  

It backfired big time with this group.

29 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Was Tim Anderson ever really projected to be a this good of a major league player by anyone? Is he a success story or a failure story?

Moncada still is around a 3.5-4 WAR per 162 player. I still have confidence if he’s feeling good and playing he will rake, but that’s what’s missing for me. I don’t mind him being a 10 HR guy if he’s hitting .260 sporting an on base .350. I think the little injuries and illnesses go to his head quite a bit. 

Moncada right back in at 3rd base and sit Burger down? Really? That was the mistake the Sox made last year. Don’t repeat it. Burger just hit a homer in three games in a row, and you want to replace him with the guy with a .626 OPS last year. Moncada is not going to rake ever because he’s not going to care, ever.

• Like 2

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

It's their only way of holding guys beyond their arbitration years, since Jerry refuses to ever pay market value.  

It backfired big time with this group.

And they missed now on Cease. 

To be fair, Kopech and Vaughn aren't clear cut cases either way. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

And they missed now on Cease. 

To be fair, Kopech and Vaughn aren't clear cut cases either way. 

And luckily they closed that window on Lucas too.  Imagine the messs that would be right now.

It's a coin flip approach, maybe instead start being like the big boys and pay the players when it's due. 

2 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Moncada right back in at 3rd base and sit Burger down? Really? That was the mistake the Sox made last year. Don’t repeat it. Burger just hit a homer in three games in a row, and you want to replace him with the guy with a .626 OPS last year. Moncada is not going to rake ever because he’s not going to care, ever.

you're right that Burger seems to be a better hitter than yoan but his defense at 3B will literally negate all his offensive WAR, he's that bad.