4-16 GT: Orioles at Sox (1:10pm) - Delayed til 3:30

They worked on fundamentals hard, and it still seems like it hasn't paid off at all. Hopefully Liam can come back and not  miss a beat, because you can't win games when your bullpen is as bad as it is currently.  I really don't know what the front office was thinking with about zero pitching depth.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

They worked on fundamentals hard, and it still seems like it hasn't paid off at all. Hopefully Liam can come back and not  miss a beat, because you can't win games when your bullpen is as bad as it is currently.  I really don't know what the front office was thinking with about zero pitching depth.  

When players are "baseball-stupid" regarding such things to expect any different is foolish.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Hendriks can't pitch every game, his return isn't gonna change anything in the overall picture 

“Can you believe that game? The guys are clearly feeling the pressure and wearing out already.”

”I know, but I know you could have prevented it “

”Well, together we could have, but you can’t blame Jerry. The fanbase had his hands tied.”

“Yeah I guess so. Well, take care Tony.”

“You too Leury.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • TLR 1

22 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

he's closer to a DFA candidate than trade option at this point

and no I'm not saying he's about to be released but that's closer to reality than anyone giving up legit prospects for him. he's a freaking DH who's always hurt

Such a bad take. Eloy was one of the better hitters in the game 2nd half last season. He’s obviously struggling right now, but DFA candidate? Lolz

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Moncada right back in at 3rd base and sit Burger down? Really? That was the mistake the Sox made last year. Don’t repeat it. Burger just hit a homer in three games in a row, and you want to replace him with the guy with a .626 OPS last year. Moncada is not going to rake ever because he’s not going to care, ever.

Look, I like Burger and want him to hit, and think he deserves a real part time shot this whole year to play a little DH. That being said, let’s be real. Burger hit a solo shot, then had an error on a routine play that should have been the third out, and the next batter hit a triple. So he got a point then gave back 2.

When you say “ever,” did Moncada not care during the 2019 season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Such a bad take. Eloy was one of the better hitters in the game 2nd half last season. He’s obviously struggling right now, but DFA candidate? Lolz

The first eligible team would claim him in an instant and laugh at the Sox every day while Eloy mashed for them. 

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

lmfao let's ignore the fact that he can't stay healthy and just project his potential in this argument

lolz indeed 

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The first eligible team would claim him in an instant and laugh at the Sox every day while Eloy mashed for them. 

Eloy has a ton of potential but he has been here since the 2019 season. He is well behind projection and doesn't look like a consistent power guy. He can't stay healthy or consistently hit home runs. 

27 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Someone like the Giants with nothing to lose and lots of financial flexibility because of missing out on so many first tier FA targets and then the whole Correa mess.

In a way, Michael Conforto is basically the equivalent of their Jimenez already.

1 hour ago, Soxfest said:

Pedro not 1% impressive as manager, KC leftover not ready for prime time. Another lip service guy in organization.

Hope the FO learnt the lesson to hire a manager from a winning organization and preferably with charisma and leadership qualities.

12 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Hope the FO learnt the lesson to hire a manager from a winning organization and preferably with charisma and leadership qualities.

That may happen under new ownership but not until then. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They may happen under new ownership but not until then. 

Sounds a LOT like 2004-2008 Ozzie Guillen...if you strip away the difficult to discern accent and political incorrectness.

Too bad we never got to see Terry Francona provided with a real opportunity to put his own imprint on the organization.  Old school managers like Bochy and Melvin and Showalter still can succeed...but (Francona) has learned how to deal with modern-day athletes and especially his Latin American players better than almost anyone.

(That said, the Guardians' pixie dust isn't as strong early this year, their bullpen has been a net weakness.)

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

3 base runners after 2nd inning all from the back up catcher and platoon LHH.  I'm losing faith in Eloy to be anything and Robert to improve upon what he is. 

This current version is a 3-4.5 fWAR well above average MLB CFer but far from a superstar/Trout Jr.  Half of that fWAR will come from defense alone.  He's basically Mike Cameron, which is far from terrible but not good enough either to move the meter.

Heck two true/genuine superstars and Rendon isn't enough for the Angels to break through.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

That their payroll was essentially capped despite 2 million in attendance recorded last year. 

Practically guaranteeing it would shrink back down to 1.4-1.6 million again this year with a non competitive, difficult to watch product on the field. 

Not supplementing it with anything beyond Abreu/Liam - Benintendi/Clevinger means at best they are hanging around .500 and at worst totally imploding. 

Edited by caulfield12