4-16 GT: Orioles at Sox (1:10pm) - Delayed til 3:30

5 minutes ago, Saufley said:

Hopefully under the new regime the scouting staff will all be sent packing!

And maybe instead of half assing in free agency with mediocre acquisitions, take the $75 million you'd give a guy like Benintendi and invest in your front office, scouts, instructors, etc.  Go poach the personnel working for the Cardinals, Guardians, and Rays and pay them double.

• Like 2

JERRY, PLEASE SELL the EFFEN team to someone who would care about the product and the fans, NOT LOYALTY TO YOUR IDIOT FO STAFF . We need a GM who actually knows what he's doing unless the reason he sucks is because you and Kenny are pupeteers and don't allow him to do what he really wants to. when other teams wanted to hire Hahn, who you thought was a wiz kid, you made promises to promote him. You did and look at what happened. We caught lighting in the bottle. Hahn gets promoted a few years later and we've not been the same. Please SELL  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, flavum said:

They literally could gut the 40-man with KW making the moves, and I would accept that. 

Except I can’t see it happening. I’d wager that there won’t be many deadline dumps at the trade deadline.

6 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

For what? A salary dump? 

There are so many guys on this team that are just salary dumps at this point. They're going to have to trade Cease and Robert if they want anything back and Cease's velocity drop this year is concerning. 

I think posters wanting another rebuild are going to be underwhelmed by the return they would get. This team is just not great as currently constructed and I hope Grifol has some say in how to retool this offseason. I doubt they would rebuild.

14 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

This season is going to be a real test for Grifol. He doesn't have the added benefit of playing 19 against Detroit and Kansas City, like in the past.

It could legitimately be a 70-92 season.

No. White Sox didn't have an advantage last year. White Sox were a  mostly a .500 team against EAST-Central-West and Inter-league. They were a .500 team against every division by 1-2 games in each direction. 

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

And maybe instead of half assing in free agency with mediocre acquisitions, take the $75 million you'd give a guy like Benintendi and invest in your front office, scouts, instructors, etc.  Go poach the personnel working for the Cardinals, Guardians, and Rays and pay them double.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

JERRY, PLEASE SELL the EFFEN team to someone who would care about the product and the fans, NOT LOYALTY TO YOUR IDIOT FO STAFF . We need a GM who actually knows what he's doing unless the reason he sucks is because you and Kenny are pupeteers and don't allow him to do what he really wants to. when other teams wanted to hire Hahn, who you thought was a wiz kid, you made promises to promote him. You did and look at what happened. We caught lighting in the bottle. Hahn gets promoted a few years later and we've not been the same. Please SELL  

I look back at the years when Bill Veeck owned the team and I smile! And when these guys bought the Sox they somehow thought they were better than him.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yoan has put it together one season in his career.  His speed is way worse than was expected, and his power has been a gigantic let down IMO.  Power is the same thing missing with Timmy now also.

Was Tim Anderson ever really projected to be a this good of a major league player by anyone? Is he a success story or a failure story?

Moncada still is around a 3.5-4 WAR per 162 player. I still have confidence if he’s feeling good and playing he will rake, but that’s what’s missing for me. I don’t mind him being a 10 HR guy if he’s hitting .260 sporting an on base .350. I think the little injuries and illnesses go to his head quite a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I look back at the years when Bill Veeck owned the team and I smile! And when these guys bought the Sox they somehow thought they were better than him.

JR and EE turned out to be the biggest con men on the planet.

They lost my respect way back on the night they clinched the division in 1983 and went on TV and trashed Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall and of course trashed Veeck from the minute they bought the club from him.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Was Tim Anderson ever really projected to be a this good of a major league player by anyone? Is he a success story or a failure story?

Moncada still is around a 3.5-4 WAR per 162 player. I still have confidence if he’s feeling good and playing he will rake, but that’s what’s missing for me. I don’t mind him being a 10 HR guy if he’s hitting .260 sporting an on base .350. I think the little injuries and illnesses go to his head quite a bit. 

Agreed with last sentence, which means him having an achy back is a recipe for disaster 

I see other teams hiring capable, talented professionals, that really seem to have a handle on what it takes to build a winning organization . I truly wish that The White Sox could be one of those some day . doesn't appear that it will be in my lifetime.

• Like 1