Mike Clevinger questioned about walkout song before home debut

wrathofhahn

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why for such a s%*# team have we so many new asshats here on the forum?

Disproving the any publicity is good publicity maxim...the mods have almost completely disappeared. 

Feels like everyone is just resigned to another summer of benign neglect and indifference/apathy/malaise from their favorite team and sport...one that used to provide so much joy and so many memories in their youth. 

Answering the question of how to allocate that time more productively.. as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He’s this petty but also a bloody coward who doesn’t have the balls to even stand behind things he does. Stay Classy, San Diego.

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means 'a whale's vagina'. I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly."

Ron Burgundy

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Can we just stop the entire walk up song thing? It's really been played out. 

The Mets’ Trumpets for Diaz entering seemed pretty darn epic to me, they even brought in the guy who played the song for the playoffs last year. 

The problem is this specific player and the uncaring, no class organization around him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Mets’ Trumpets for Diaz entering seemed pretty darn epic to me, they even brought in the guy who played the song for the playoffs last year. 

The problem is this specific player and the uncaring, no class organization around him.

I like walkup songs. They're playing music and sounds thoughout the game anyway, might as well make something personalized for the players. It makes it fun for the fans too.

Shane Victorino's walkup song was a Bob Marley song that everyone loved to sign along to, always got the crowd into it. I remember everyone was upset when MLB cracked down on the length of the walkup songs and it cut his short.

• Fire 1

His spin is that there was no case and this is how he is going to continue to promote this, is he wrong?  It is petty and stupid but so was wanting him released without just cause like many media outlets and especially the SCORE.  Matt Spiegel was all up in arms about this yesterday morning as he was when they had the accuser on the air.  I still believe if there was any case at all he would have gotten some sort of reprimand from MLB even if it was a game or two.  

The organization really should have stopped it but it is complete train wreck.

Oddly enough who even knows the starting pitcher has a work in song, which is stupid because they walk in then sit down for five minutes before taking the field.

• Love 1

• 5 months later...

Hope this is the final White Sox game ever I don't have to skip because of this asshat.

Would be a fitting end to his stay here.

5 Outs; 7 Hits; 2 Walks; runs all earned

A cherry on top of the season, he will always be remembered for delivering the 100th loss for only the fifth time in White Sox history.