White Sox at Rays, 4/22/23, 3:05 pm, Fox TV.

Balta1701

6 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Will they? TA and Moncada should be high on the list of trade bait in a rebuild to get back quality prospects. 

Moncada is owed billions... untradeable.  See Benintendi. 

Grandal... starting rotation... Graveman/Bummer...TA7 Robert Sheets Burger Jimenez Vaughn would draw interest. 

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Merk works PR for the Sox and they still never leak him any stories. Maybe he's finally breaking bad now.

I've been told by others that Hahn and Merkin are close citing the Michigan ties and Hahn tells him stuff that he won't tell to others in the media.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I've been told by others that Hahn and Merkin are close citing the Michigan ties and Hahn tells him stuff that he won't tell to others in the media.

Funny he wrote such a glowing story about Martin Cronin and Ramsey recently...guys who wouldn't even sniff the Top 30 in a good number of minor league systems. 

Struggling for "feel good" vibes. 

46 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

There is no doubt Dylan will command huge value in a trade. Most great organizations with great scouts, coaches and front offices will see the huge potential and talent of Dylan and give us a lot in a trade.

I'm shocked any pitcher would draw a massive contract nowadays. As good as Cease is, you assume he's gonna pitch five, six innings. Some games like all starters he only goes 4 or 5. Remember the days a 4 inning start was a total anomaly? My point is, four, five, six innings? Yawn. I have nothing against Cease but if somebody wants to sign him 8 years, 40 mill a year or something, go ahead. I wouldn't pay any pitcher a huge salary until the role of pitcher gets figured out in the future. ... My guess is we are still trainwrecking toward all pitchers going 2 innings max. The good to great ones will allow 0 runs in 2 inns and strike out 5 or 6.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

16 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I'm shocked any pitcher would draw a massive contract nowadays. As good as Cease is, you assume he's gonna pitch five, six innings. Some games like all starters he only goes 4 or 5. Remember the days a 4 inning start was a total anomaly? My point is, four, five, six innings? Yawn. I have nothing against Cease but if somebody wants to sign him 8 years, 40 mill a year or something, go ahead. I wouldn't pay any pitcher a huge salary until the role of pitcher gets figured out in the future. ... My guess is we are still trainwrecking toward all pitchers going 2 innings max. The good to great ones will allow 0 runs in 2 inns and strike out 5 or 6.

Mr. Cole of NYY and Shohei Ohtani disagree with you... 

(Sox will probably pick up his former UCLA best frenemy Trevor Bauer to replace Clevinger for next year lol.) 

3 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I wish you guys weren’t all so negative. Most sox fans I talk to are upbeat and positive about the team. Seems all the negative ones flock to a message board. Imagine that. 

Dude really? Lol 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

I wish you guys weren’t all so negative. Most sox fans I talk to are upbeat and positive about the team. Seems all the negative ones flock to a message board. Imagine that. 

Surely you jest, how can anyone be positive when the team is 7-14 and have just lost another series.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Dude really? Lol 

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Surely you jest, how can anyone be positive when the team is 7-14 and have just lost another series.

“You guys always hear from the most negative fans,” he said. “The fans I talk to never come up to me and say, ‘Rick, this is the start of just the same stuff as last year.’

“They seem to seek you guys out in the comments sections. Imagine that.”

- Rick Hahn a few days ago. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

“You guys always hear from the most negative fans,” he said. “The fans I talk to never come up to me and say, ‘Rick, this is the start of just the same stuff as last year.’

What a DH (not designated hitter)

3 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

What a DH (not designated hitter)

Paul Sullivan then wrote a column using that quote and then mentioned that the Sox had only two winning seasons under Hahn in 10 years. He closed it with "Imagine that" 😄

16 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

Rick Hahn can kiss my Puerto Rican ass

• Fire 2