6/19 Sox vs. Rangers 7:10PM CT

8 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

JR should move the franchise to the Mexican league.  They might have a slightly better record there.  Might.  Slightly better.

5 1/2 behind Guadalajara but they will turn it around very soon

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Vaughan needed to just stand there.  Another guy that swung at a bunch of pitches he could do nothing with.  Bases should have been loaded for Robert.

Still shaking my head that Kelly and Graveman were used down 3 while neither has a history benefitting from a lot of work and probably won't pitch tomorrow.

Why do I care. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Do they even have a hitting coach?

Burger missed 2 years of development with injuries. Anybody who says that doesn't matter is out of their mind. The fact that he's up here playing better than  most of the "core" that was supposed to lead the parades is actually amazing.

3/4 of the roster would be in the Mexican League before Burger yet the same guy clamors for Billy Hamilton every chance he gets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nine straight solo home runs, six chances so far with three back to back during this stretch.

• 6/19 - (2 Solo) Back to Back: Vaughn & Robert Jr.
  • 6/18 - None
  • 6/17 - (1 Solo) Eloy 
  • 6/16 - (2 Solo) Gavin Sheets and Andrew Benintendi
  • 6/15 - (4 Solo) Two Back to Back: Robert Jr. and Eloy in the First; Burger and Vaughn in the Fourth.
  • 6/14 - Two run home run Jake Burger Eighth Inning (Eloy Double).

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Nine straight solo home runs, six chances so far with three back to back during this stretch.

• 6/18 - None
  • 6/17 - (1 Solo) Eloy 
  • 6/15 - (4 Solo) Two Back to Back: Robert Jr. and Eloy in the First; Burger and Vaughn in the Fourth.

The team record by the way is 15 straight solo home runs. Did it twice. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

And Burger may finish in the Mexican League with Yermin if he doesn't figure out he needs to lay off unhittable sliders.

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Burger missed 2 years of development with injuries. Anybody who says that doesn't matter is out of their mind. The fact that he's up here playing better than  most of the "core" that was supposed to lead the parades is actually amazing.

3/4 of the roster would be in the Mexican League before Burger yet the same guy clamors for Billy Hamilton every chance he gets.

Let's bash people accurately for once. I said Jake needs to make adjustments, just like Yermin needed to once they figured him out. He also needs to figure it out at 3B as the Sox are taking a hit defensively if he doesn't improve.

Billy Hamilton is the only player capable of giving Luis Robert Jr. a day off. Luis is clearly worn out, needs rest, but Hahn doesn't have a capable CF on the roster. Frazier can't even handle RF. If Robert breaks down, this team is completely dead with what they are throwing out there in RF.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Brady Nelson reminds us there's much more to life than the W/L column of our favorite sports teams.

With that being said, tear the fucking thing down already. Lose on purpose for 7 years only to lose while trying to win is ... just.. I've run out of words. 

Under Hahn they couldn't even put together a winning year when they were trying to win BEFORE the rebuild. 

I thought it was funny in the 9th when Stone talked about Remillard and how it's tough for him seeing these pitchers for the first time. I don't disagree with him about that but what about these guys who've been here all season & longer, swinging at garbage out of the strike zone?

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

• 6/18 - None
  • 6/17 - (1 Solo) Eloy 

No walks = many solo homers.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, Harry Chappas said:

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

burger going to eventually plummet if he doesnt get off teh swing at s%*# in the dirt train .

I hate watching our batters.. every now and then they run into one.

But man what a total and complet dogshit approach from top to bottom.

Where are coaches for?  Need to do things differently, and adjustments need to be identified and made.  The players that do not adjust and are uncoachable need to grab some bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I thought it was funny in the 9th when Stone talked about Remillard and how it's tough for him seeing these pitchers for the first time. I don't disagree with him about that but what about these guys who've been here all season & longer, swinging at garbage out of the strike zone?

Poor Remy. One good game he'll always remember.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1