Nightengale: Several veterans in the White Sox organization have privately expressed that they would welcome a trade

maxjusttyped

Several veterans in the Chicago White Sox organization have privately expressed that they would welcome a trade, and considering the way they are playing, may soon get their wish. 

None of the players, however, have formally asked the White Sox front office to trade them. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2023/06/18/phillies-june-winning-trea-turner-boos/70333575007/

F Jerry and his mouthpiece.

No quality FA will sign with your shitty organization unless you overpay or the player literally has zero other options.

• AJ Pollock took $8M guaranteed less to get the f*** out of here, getting $1M less overall after signing with Seattle.
  • Adam LaRoche gave Jerry $12.5M just to get the f*** out of here.
  • Marcus Stroman said he would never consider playing for you or your drunk fossil HOF manager.

Same with the Bulls, no quality FA came here for decades while you were you and Gar/Pax where there unless they had zero alternatives. You bet your ass the same if not worse conditions where in the clubhouse under Tony, but Bob "DUI Jail is like a sick day at worK" "Tony should have two plaques in Cooperstown" Nightengale would never print a word of it because he is Jerry's b****, and that is all he will ever be.

29 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I'll publicly express that I would welcome a trade for any/all of them.

Are there any veterans that we should care whether they say or go?  I would rather watch kids who hustle any day over this lethargic bunch.

You know what? Trade them all to the A's or the Royals. I really don't care if we get anything back. These "players" don't deserve to win anything. All they did was s%*# on all of our hopes and dreams for this team to win multiple championships. What a fantasy that was.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

Hendriks and Giolito. That's about it. The rest I could not care less about. Especially Anderson. 

I’d like to like Giolito. Smart, union guy, but he was clearly cheating with spider tack for years. That power changeup of his was a cheat. That no hitter involved cheating. Even if it was all Katz’s idea, Giolito did it.

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Seems like we are jumping to conclusions on this information shared in the story. 

Based on the record if the Sox don't have a sell-off at the deadline regardless of if said players want to leave or not, they are stupider than even I imagined. 

This team can't stay healthy for a week let along play well enough together to make a run in the worst division in baseball.

If the front office can't look in the mirror and see the reality of this than the only reason for not making a sell off is their ego's and being unwilling to basically admit to the media and fan base that they screwed the rebuild up six ways to Sunday.

21 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Seems like we are jumping to conclusions on this information shared in the story. 

It’s absolutely a non story, but the frustration that this organization has created for the fans has put a target on everyone’s back, from the players and coaching staff on up to the FO. I think most folks are just waiting to pounce at this point. I get it.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Hmm. Which veterans are worth a damn to anyone at this point? Kelly, Graveman and Giolito? Maybe Anderson? Grandal, or Benintendi? His reporting has gaps and seems like a leak from JR. It lacks context and meaning.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1