7/4 Gamethread (Giolito vs. Bassitt)

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

For some reason I am more irritated with this team and this season than I have ever been.

Yeah, me too. I think it's because except for Robert, who actually has learned to quit waving at junk out of the strike zone and has decided to bash strikes and not wave at balls, most of the other players are very unlikeable. Often our best hitters go 1 for 4 or 0 for 4 with the weakest, most selfish at bats. I think a lot of us got worn out by selfish baseball and with nobody to root for individually, we kind of 'hate' this pathetic team.

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

if you need a snap shot of why the white sox are a horrible offensive team

just watch that 9th inning.

closer throws 9 balls and 1 strike.. whiff whiff whiff

Need to give a take sign to these mediocre undisciplined hitters

Bullpen is just awful. Not sure why Grifol and Katz do not tell relievers like Bummer, ReyLo, Kelly and Graveman that they should not walk the lead-off man before they are put in there to protect a one or two run lead late in the game.

The walk to Belt ahead of Guerrero was a joke.  Belt was taking all the way at 3-2. You have to make Belt hit his way on base in that situation, and you don't throw Guerrero a fastball anywhere near the zone where he can barrel it up. Grifol would be fired if this was my team because I have seen this same thing happen too many times. Give games away because relief pitchers are afraid to throw strikes or just can't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Good thing Robert gave that big crowd one thing to cheer about. Another disappointing loss.

Actually, they have had some good crowds lately although I don't know why anyone wants to bother with this team. That ninth inning was horrible but also typical for the Sox this year. Three up, three down, the ball not leaving the infield if they bother hitting it at all. I don't know why any fan would dream of the Sox getting to .500. Isn't going to happen.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Yeah, me too. I think it's because except for Robert, who actually has learned to quit waving at junk out of the strike zone and has decided to bash strikes and not wave at balls, most of the other players are very unlikeable. Often our best hitters go 1 for 4 or 0 for 4 with the weakest, most selfish at bats. I think a lot of us got worn out by selfish baseball and with nobody to root for individually, we kind of 'hate' this pathetic team.

The first 4 hitters went 7/16 and the last 5 went 1/16. Team had 1 walk and 9 SO. At least they played error free.  By any chance do we have a pitcher on the roster that has a better bat than any of bottom 5?

22 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

The first 4 hitters went 7/16 and the last 5 went 1/16. Team had 1 walk and 9 SO. At least they played error free.  By any chance do we have a pitcher on the roster that has a better bat than any of bottom 5?

It is shocking to watch disciplined teams hit and then watch the White Sox hit. 

Toronto works counts while the White Sox are lukcy to see four pitches in an at bat. 

Final score: Blue Jays 4 - Robert 3.

Kelly is a joke. There was short period of time when he was dominant awhile back and we thought maybe we could get a decent prospect for him at the trade deadline. That for sure isn't going to happen. 

The rest of the lineup is a joke at the plate, as they have been all season. They are the most undisciplined and dumbest hitters in baseball. 

10 grounders, 9 K's and one walk.

I believe the "Fat Lady" has begun singing.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Good thing Robert gave that big crowd one thing to cheer about. Another disappointing loss.

It's a bad thing that loser Hahn hasn't put any talent around Robert in the lineup, so we can waste away Robert's prime years of his career. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

It is shocking to watch disciplined teams hit and then watch the White Sox hit. 

Toronto works counts while the White Sox are lukcy to see four pitches in an at bat. 

Robert has figured it out but the rest of these dopes haven’t, maybe they should make Luis the hitting coach.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic