Remillard 2B
Arenado 3B
Robert CF
Burger DH
Vaughn 1B
Colas RF
Andrus SS
Zavala C

TA and Grandal traded.  Sheets is also traded along with a pitcher.  Arenado, upon being traded to the Sox and playing the August 1 game, announces his retirement and quits baseball altogether.

1. Sosa 3B

2. Frazier RF

3. Robert CF

4. Jimenez DH

5. Vaughn 1B

6. Mondou 2B

7. Gonzalez SS

8. Piscotty LF

9. Skoug C

There....I took Heyman's word that only the core of Robert, Vaughn and Eloy would stay....the rest I pulled from Charlotte....feel free to stick Remillard in there somewhere instead.

16 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I think if they tear it down to the studs, Andrus and Grandal should both be released. They've got to gut that toxic clubhouse and give playing time to folks who may be here moving forward.

If Grandal isn’t moved by the deadline, I would release him for sure.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I wouldn't release Grandal if he can't be traded. It's not like he's blocking some super catching prospect.

He needs to be traded, even it the FO has to be creative and eat a partial amount of his salary or in a trade not be greedy and take a few low A prospects. 

Grandal is blocking catchers from a defensive standpoint. I don't care if Perez and Zavala can't hit, at least they can catch better than Grandal. Grandal was never a good defensive catcher, his only decent skill was he supposedly was good at was framing. However at this point in his career he sucks at everything.

As the one poster said, we need to clean out the cancerous culture on this team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm just torn on him. Part of me thinks they should keep him and see how he does next year but honestly, he probably needs a change of scenery and staying longer may not be the best. 

It's either now or this winter.  I really don't see any way the Sox bring him back next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm just torn on him. Part of me thinks they should keep him and see how he does next year but honestly, he probably needs a change of scenery and staying longer may not be the best. 

I appreciate and get your logic to wait until next year and hope he rebounds and then his trade value goes up by the 2024 deadline. However if he doesn't get better and it's same crap again, then the Sox are trying to trade TA with more negatives next year. GM's will now have to decide next year, if they really can turn him around. My point is, by this deadline, a GM might might let one bad year go and think, ok the Sox are losers and we can get him corrected. This was just one bad fluke year. However two years in a row and the doubts are much more magnified on TA.

I would rather trade TA now and get some prospects. There will always be one team out there that feels they can turn him around. We've already seen several ex-Sox players get better on other clubs. 

16 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I appreciate and get your logic to wait until next year and hope he rebounds and then his trade value goes up by the 2024 deadline. However if he doesn't get better and it's same crap again, then the Sox are trying to trade TA with more negatives next year. GM's will now have to decide next year, if they really can turn him around. My point is, by this deadline, a GM might might let one bad year go and think, ok the Sox are losers and we can get him corrected. This was just one bad fluke year. However two years in a row and the doubts are much more magnified on TA.

I would rather trade TA now and get some prospects. There will always be one team out there that feels they can turn him around. We've already seen several ex-Sox players get better on other clubs. 

There's an old baseball saying, "better to trade a player one year to soon than one year to late..."

• Like 1