2024 MLB Draft Order (Reverse Standings)

Bob Sacamano

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

https://www.tankathon.com/mlb

Only 2.5 GB from the Rockies from the Rockies from a top 3 pick. The top 3 picks get the same odds for the first pick in the lottery.

Edit: I tried searching to see if a thread like this already existed but I could not find one.

Let's go for it. Maybe the Sox can get lucky like the Blackhawks just did and like the Bulls did during two previous drafts. 

It would be the 3rd time the Sox had the #1 overall pick in MLB draft history.

• Like 2

Just now, flavum said:

Watch the Cardinals run into the first pick the one year they suck. 

My Cardinals friends fans during our series:

"We get to watch our two terrible organizations."

Me: "What the f*** are you talking about?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, flavum said:

Watch the Cardinals run into the first pick the one year they suck. 

Plus if the Cards did luck out for #1, the fact is they have a very good farm system already at #9 in the last Baseball America rankings. They have been a successful organization for too long and I fully expect them to get back to their winning ways in 2024 and beyond. 

• Hawk 1

I don't love next year's class as far as picking #1. Doesn't seem to have a Wemby/Bedard/Skenes-Crews type there. Since they're gonna suck for a while now, might it be luckier to get the super high pick in 2025 when Ethan Holliday is available?

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I don't love next year's class as far as picking #1. Doesn't seem to have a Wemby/Bedard/Skenes-Crews type there. Since they're gonna suck for a while now, might it be luckier to get the super high pick in 2025 when Ethan Holliday is available?

Maybe but I don't think they will tank next year. It will be most guys returning + 1 year (maybe 2 or 3 years) filler guys I'm guessing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Maybe but I don't think they will tank next year. It will be most guys returning + 1 year (maybe 2 or 3 years) filler guys I'm guessing.

Maybe, but I don't think this group needs to intentionally tank to suck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Yes Ethan Holliday would be a stud in the 2025 draft. However he might end up playing for Oklahoma State where he accepted a scholarship. It's important to note his dad Matt Holiday, the former 7 time all-star played at Oklahoma State before entering the draft. Plus Ethan's uncle Josh Holliday is the current head coach of the Oklahoma State baseball team. Although it's important to note that Ethan's older brother Jackson, also had a baseball scholarship to Oklahoma State and was drafted overall #1 by the Orioles in 2022. His brother passed on college and is currently playing at their Baltimore low A club.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1