Who would you most like to see traded at the deadline after Grandal/Middleton…?

caulfield12

Left to deal…  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you still want to trade?

• Dylan Cease
    • Clevinger
    • TA
    • Eloy
    • Burger
    • Aaron Bummer
    • Name your player

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Clevinger. Don't care if the return is way less than the others listed. Just because he is such a piece of s%*# that I would never root for.

Yeah one of the keys moving forward seems to be "character" with this team.

Even with Grandal out...that still leaves Eloy Moncada and TA.

I'm coming around to giving Anderson one last chance and also cognizant of the fact he's their most marketable/recognizable player remaining for selling tickets...along with Robert/Cease.

The bigger point is we don't even have a SS ready to go to replace him until Montgomery at the end if next year but more likely 2025 to save a year of control.

• Like 2

Burger makes most sense because his value will never be higher.

I would sell everyone over the next two years but Robert unless you were blown away with a Robert offer and there was a new competent person making the call. 

2026 is the first year the Sox can credibly contend, it will likely be later if ever if Hahn is not fired.

Optimal time:

• 2023 Deadline: Bummer, Burger & Clevinger
  • 2023-2024 Off-season: Cease & Eloy
  • 2024 Deadline: Tim and Yoan

39 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Burger makes most sense because his value will never be higher.

I would sell everyone over the next two years but Robert unless you were blown away with a Robert offer and there was a new competent person making the call. 

2026 is the first year the Sox can credibly contend, it will likely be later if ever if Hahn is not fired.

Optimal time:

• 2023 Deadline: Bummer, Burger & Clevinger
  • 2023-2024 Off-season: Cease & Eloy
  • 2024 Deadline: Tim and Yoan

That can't be true unless you believe his defense at second and OBP can't possibly improve...

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That can't be true unless you believe his defense at second and OBP can't possibly improve...

His HR numbers will likely not improve, which is the bulk of his value. Any acquiring team will play him at DH, perhaps a fill in at 3B. Could play 1B if he works on it.

Great guy, great story, great to sell high especially with zero chance competing until mid to late decade. His 1.3 bWAR is as good a time as ever, also lowers the DH/1B 26 man roster count to four post 2023 (Eloy, Vaughn, Sheets, Perez after Grandal leaves).

The Sox will need solid to excellent defense, especially up the middle, to finally reach a period of contention (beyond the 140ish games in 2020-2021) before the end of this decade.

I don't want to trade the guys with control.

The guys I most want to move are Anderson, Clevinger, Benintendi (if there is interest), and Bummer if the prospects are there because relievers are the most replaceable.

I'd also move Grandal,  Unfortunately I don't see us getting much back for these guys maybe we could package Clevinger and Bummer and get a top 100. Just clear salary and start over.

4 hours ago, wegner said:

Oh yeah, forgot about him but he probably has zero trade value....Sheets

Andrus and Sheets should be just DFA'ed.

They aren't going to get us anything. Another guy who could get us something is Santos. I know it would be hard to part with him because he has control but that is exactly what makes him attractive to other teams especially small to midmarket teams in need of help which don't have much wiggle room in term of financials.

8 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I don't want to trade the guys with control.

The guys I most want to move are Anderson, Clevinger, Benintendi (if there is interest), and Bummer if the prospects are there because relievers are the most replaceable.

Do you mean pre Arb and Arb players when you say guys with control? Clevinger is the only one not under control (since he can opt out).

7 hours ago, wegner said:

Andrus, because they seem unwilling to release him even though he no longer has a use here. Even if they end up trading Anderson, I do not want Elvis taking those at bats.

This seems to be the only rational I can come with for why he is still here. If TA is still here post-deadline, release him and call up Sosa.

24 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This seems to be the only rational I can come with for why he is still here. If TA is still here post-deadline, release him and call up Sosa.

Playing regularly at Charlotte is more important than riding the bench in Chicago.

If Tim remains, it makes sense to play Tim regularly to build trade value over the off-season or at the next deadline. It's likely Yoan and Tim will play better next year, perhaps significantly better, as they are auditioning for their free agent contracts.

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Playing regularly at Charlotte is more important than riding the bench in Chicago.

If Tim remains, it makes sense to play Tim regularly to build trade value over the off-season or at the next deadline. It's likely Yoan and Tim will play better next year, perhaps significantly better, as they are auditioning for their free agent contracts.

Huh? I’m not saying calling him up to ride bench lol I’m saying release Andrus and play Sosa. The only rational that makes sense for Andrus still being here is he will hang on as SS if Anderson is dealt.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

44 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Huh? I’m not saying calling him up to ride bench lol I’m saying release Andrus and play Sosa. The only rational that makes sense for Andrus still being here is he will hang on as SS if Anderson is dealt.

Play him where? 2B over Romy and Remillard? He was completely overmatched earlier in the year. Perhaps he will be able to make the jump next year or 2025, but still needs a lot of work at the plate,

• Like 1