line drive missile to RCF off Kirby Yates

Exit Velocity
mph
Distance
ft
Launch Angle
deg

DJ Jazzy Jeff Chisholm followed with GS

It's refreshing to see how well the Marlins have played against the cream of the NL when people thought they'd be buried by now when they started playing who has it been the Phillies, Brewers, Dodgers and Braves  in the last 2 weeks ?

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's refreshing to see how well the Marlins have played against the cream of the NL when people thought they'd be buried by now when they started playing who has it been the Phillies, Brewers, Dodgers and Braves  in the last 2 weeks ?

Amazing how tight that race is with so many twists and turns already...two more weeks to go.

Not to mention Marlins without Alcantara and Robertson lost the closer's job too.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Amazing how tight that race is with so many twists and turns already...two more weeks to go.

Not to mention Marlins without Alcantara and Robertson lost the closer's job too.

Whats amazing to me is when I reread the tradewinds thread is that so many people considered Burger a DH or 1st baseman. It just goes to show you how damaging early negative results are. It didn't even matter to people that he had played a decent if not good 3rd base with the Sox. Every little dribbler he couldnt make a play on or every hard hit ball that got by him just reinforced those thoughts .

It's why we always have to remember that development isn't linear. There are so many examples of poor hitters and poor fielders getting better that we as fans fall into a trap of thinking players are worthless and overvaluing guys like Eder without checking their full body of work going back as far as you can.

Sure Burger has a bad injury history but Ng needed a guy who could hit HR's and probably saw enough and heard enough from her talent evaluators that he could play a serviceable 3rd base and hit the ball really hard when he did hit it. So far with the Marlins that has paid dividends and he's making more contact.

How well he holds up and manages to reproduce the results with the Marlins is anyone's guess but so far so good and people keep waiting for the other shoe to drop like with Rodon. The Sox didn't even think Rodon was worth a draft pick and he ended up with a great year with the Giants. Not so much after that . Giants must have sent a thank you gift to Hahn for that. Thanks for helping us out there Rick and Jerry for not costing us a draft pick I'm sure your farm system is overloaded with studs !

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

33/75   837 ops

Ahe rate he's going, he might even catch Robert in OPS and he actually wants to play baseball every single day, too.  Genuinely seems to enjoy being part of a playoff push and is responding to the opportunity well.

Heart and character traits the Sox are less familiar with since they aren't measurable.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/716546/play/69

Exit Velocity
mph
Distance
ft
Launch Angle
deg
Edited by caulfield12

Dealing with quad tightness

Burger left Wednesday's game against the Mets early due to right quad tightness, Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald reports.
Advice: Burger was pulled after making an error on a throw home during the third inning. No details regarding the severity of Burger's injury were provided, but with an extra day between games for Miami, there's a chance Burger returns without missing any time.

I hate to defend Burger so much since I was so against drafting a then-pudgy bad fielding third baseman out of Mo. State.

But he is amazing. And trading him was so wrong. You dump Moncada and keep Burger. Geez that was a bad trade. He actually was one guy we could have penciled in at 3B for the next 10 years. Instead, he gawn. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

I hate to defend Burger so much since I was so against drafting a then-pudgy bad fielding third baseman out of Mo. State.

But he is amazing. And trading him was so wrong. You dump Moncada and keep Burger. Geez that was a bad trade. He actually was one guy we could have penciled in at 3B for the next 10 years. Instead, he gawn. Ridiculous.

The drawback many miss is the team getting worse in team speed.  You don't want to be the 2006 Sox were HR are the main source or certain guys can't help score on the bases.   

15 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The drawback many miss is the team getting worse in team speed.  You don't want to be the 2006 Sox were HR are the main source or certain guys can't help score on the bases.   

Except Burger has consistently been running faster on the bases than Yoan for the majority of this season and was a top 1/3rd-ish runner overall...2006 team ultimately failed due to pitching.

And they still won 90 with two even better teams in the same division. 

7 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Lol team speed.  We had like 2 good players and he was one of them 🤷

And, they got nothing for Burger.  Just an old pitcher who couldn't pitch in AA who now is going to the Arizona Fall League as a 25 year old.  The trade is so stupid.  I'm still shaking my head in confusion and disgust.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

12 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

That was the only theory I could possibly come up with for such a stupid trade.

Kenny did it because he knew Rick and he would be fired. Kenny decided to f*** over Jerry after the decades Jerry screwed over Kenny, White Sox fans across the globe, and Chicago taxpayers, culminating in the La Russa hire and the implosion of any hope to accomplish anything since 2005.

I really can't blame Kenny. Jerry deserves every slice of misfortune he gets. I hope they have 100 loss seasons through Jerry's final breath.

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Kenny did it because he knew Rick and he would be fired. Kenny decided to f*** over Jerry after the decades Jerry screwed over Kenny, White Sox fans across the globe, and Chicago taxpayers, culminating in the La Russa hire and the implosion of any hope to accomplish anything since 2005.

I really can't blame Kenny. Jerry deserves every slice of misfortune he gets. I hope they have 100 loss seasons through Jerry's final breath.

Who knows. I'm thinking it was to improve the farm. 

Trade is such a bad word for Sox fans to throw around. 

The latest example is cutting Zavala coming off from injury to be replaced by a guy in AAA coming off injury. 

This organization is beyond stupid and will remain so.