Keynan Middleton rips White Sox 'no rules' culture

maxjusttyped

7 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

My personal opinion these transactions should be made today

DFA or suspend TA for the remainder of the season (he will never play for the Sox again, exercise the $1m buyout for 2024) and call up Sosa to play SS

DFA Andrus and call up Rodriguez to split time at 2B with ZR and SS with Sosa

DFA Grandal and call up Lee

Team meeting where the law is laid down with clear expectations and punishments are set forth 

Some player better step up and get this s%*# corrected (Eloy, Robert, Cease, and Kopech would be my hope)

Send Moncada to the 60-day IL and get him surgery.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Thank you!!!!!!! Even my wife comments on the neon yellow and green of Moncada, remember Eloys open shirt (disgraceful).  Now the Moncada cancer is affecting Colas.   Get him outta here.

Boomers don't understand today's athletes (we were told). Those old school unwritten rules are outdated. Too bad pitchers don't hit or someone would throw at him. 

But let's also consider this:

A former employee talks s%*# about the company they left. It probably happened at the company you work for. My guess is his statements are somewhere between totally false and totally true. Of course we're going to accept the worst possible look. 

10 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

But nothing for the manager or FO who put the team together? That's where you have to start

If its was plausible I'd say fire KW and Hahn but that ain't gonna happen so no point in suggesting that.  

As for Pedro, I'd be on board for firing him for allowing the culture to continue but JR created it when he hired TLR and fired Renteria so im in different in general 

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Send Moncada to the 60-day IL and get him surgery.

A new body transplant maybe lol

Edited by Polar Bear

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Boomers don't understand today's athletes (we were told). Those old school unwritten rules are outdated. Too bad pitchers don't hit or someone would throw at him. 

But let's also consider this:

A former employee talks s%*# about the company they left. It probably happened at the company you work for. My guess is his statements are somewhere between totally false and totally true. Of course we're going to accept the worst possible look. 

The truth is in the middle. Managerial and coaching styles must absolutely adapt to the times. You need structure, organization, accountability, rules, and consequences, for not following them. But you also need to allow the players freedom to be themselves and have fun. It's a balance. A balance the White Sox have absolutely no idea how to find. Maybe if they weren't trying to operate with 20-25% of the front office staff other organizations were, they wouldn't be such a clusterfuck.....?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Considering Lynn was brought in to be a vet presence, this fucker failed spectacularly.

Middleton's cool. Dude's a middle reliever on a vet minimum and showed up mid-downfall. Lynn taught dudes that it's OK to scream at your coaches over cuts of steak?

Note: This doesn't absolve anyone on the current roster of anything, but Lynn's s%*# eating grin at the end there is groan worthy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Hahn say's they addressed the clubhouse issue at the trade deadline.... Rick you dick you traded the most likable player on the team.  This guy is so full of crap.

The way this season is going we're going to find out that Jake Burger was traded so the team could get in front of the story that he has to do a demonic blood ritual before every game to hit home runs and run fast.

• Haha 4

This all comes full circle.   Many of here, including myself, took offense to Abreu speaking negatively about the Sox a few months back.   

“I think sometimes talking about the past can bring a lot of animosity, but I think the best way I can put it is just that we weren’t a real family.”

-José Abreu (via Chicago Sun-Times)

Abreu wanted to be buried wearing a Sox uniform not so long ago.   For that man to speak out against the Sox and what we're finding out today, I don't see how the Sox get out of this without completely purging the front office and the entire ML Roster.  

They need a full blown reset .

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Big Hurtin said:

What really sucks is that there is no sign of it getting any better.

You can only hope that more scandals (although these being light scandals) and embarrassments forces the board to turn on Reinsdorf. 

But like many have said, as long as they're getting paid, they don't care.  However,  I think attendance and sponsorship will be in for a very rude awakening come 2024.   Lots of season ticket folks I know are calling it quits, some with tenure going back almost 20 years.    You start losing those folks, it's over. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

You can only hope that more scandals (although these being light scandals) and embarrassments forces the board to turn on Reinsdorf. 

But like many have said, as long as they're getting paid, they don't care.  However,  I think attendance and sponsorship will be in for a very rude awakening come 2024.   Lots of season ticket folks I know are calling it quits, some with tenure going back almost 20 years.    You start losing those folks, it's over. 

Over how? Most folks here don't think the team will leave Chicago. But it really seems like the perfect choice. Fresh start. New name. New city.