Keynan Middleton rips White Sox 'no rules' culture

maxjusttyped

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Apparently Hahn went after Jesse Rogers for writing this article. The funny thing was Middleton was in the stadium and he avoided him.

Hell yeah Rick, you go get that reporter and hold him accountable (for doing his job?).

This guy is the absolute worst.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Bridgeport is thriving and becoming the next hip neighborhood in the city. It would be insane to move the team. Just put a good team on the field and the rest will take care of itself. 

Too much work and things left to chance. Injuries, affairs, it's just too hard to guarantee a good team. Easier to move. 

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Easier to move? Lol. 

The villagers are coming at you with pitch forks and torches after decades of you pissing them off. They want blood. Empty promises of we'll do better in the future just ain't fooling them any more. 

Do you run and make new friends in another town or do you do the things the villagers want you to do. Fire all your employees and sell the team. 

:huh

Merkin interviewing Hendriks on clubhouse/chemistry

“You have 26 guys in the clubhouse, and let’s be honest, athletes tend to have some egos,” Hendriks said. “You’ve got 26 guys with somewhat inflated egos, myself included, and you’re always going to butt heads. I have different philosophical views on the ways a clubhouse should be than other guys. I like to maintain positivity and harping on the good things rather than the negative things, and some people are the other way.

“No way is wrong and no way is right. It just matters that you mesh together. We had some butting of heads that no one was willing to back down, no one was willing to concede. No one was willing to do that.

“That there really causes a rift,” Hendriks added. “Now, hopefully we can take the egos aside and we can get to a point where we’re pushing for next year and we can get the right frame of mind, the right views on the way things should be run and everybody is going to concede at some point, everyone is going to make a compromise.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it is good that it came out. Doesn't help for this season of course but the season is lost anyway and this means that the sox leadership will be forced to do something about it instead of ignoring it.

Maybe it means they can have a fresh start next year with less anarchy in the clubhouse.

18 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

I think it is good that it came out. Doesn't help for this season of course but the season is lost anyway and this means that the sox leadership will be forced to do something about it instead of ignoring it.

Maybe it means they can have a fresh start next year with less anarchy in the clubhouse.

Only if they have a stronger manager and the players who are causing the present poor culture are willing to change or are no longer at the club.

"You can’t have good clubhouse chemistry with self-serving players like Lance Lynn, Joe Kelly and Kendall Graveman backstabbing their teammates along the way and pretending they weren’t part of the problem. If any of the current Sox pitchers still revere their former teammates, perhaps the clubhouse chemistry is doomed to fail again in ’24." - Paul Sullivan Chicago Tribune 8/16

Sounds like there is more to this situation than has become public

Edited by Lip Man 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"You can’t have good clubhouse chemistry with self-serving players like Lance Lynn, Joe Kelly and Kendall Graveman backstabbing their teammates along the way and pretending they weren’t part of the problem. If any of the current Sox pitchers still revere their former teammates, perhaps the clubhouse chemistry is doomed to fail again in ’24." - Paul Sullivan Chicago Tribune 8/16

Sounds like there is more to this situation than his become public

Yeah, I'd like to reiterate that I don't have a real problem with Keynan as a league minimum signing that walked into a dumpster fire.

Lance Lynn as a veteran brought on as a clubhouse leader - who they traded a legitimate prospect for - can go f*** himself.

Doesn't absolve the Sox, but Lynn's whole "we were arguing about steak" thing now reeks of bullshit. Great example for younger players!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I thought we were supposed to love Joe Kelly?

Anyway, this sounds like blaming the people who aren't here because they're convenient targets. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Is there more context in the full story as to what Paul Sullivan is referring to, i.e., specific circumstances in which those guys "backstabbed" their teammates while on the Sox, or is he just speculating and finger-pointing at the now-departed?

9 hours ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Is there more context in the full story as to what Paul Sullivan is referring to, i.e., specific circumstances in which those guys "backstabbed" their teammates while on the Sox, or is he just speculating and finger-pointing at the now-departed?

It would not surprise me at all if the Sox fed him this. Their new agenda is putting blame on the players who were traded for everything that went wrong instead of blaming themselves. Something that they're completely incapable of doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you think that this was what got Williams and Hahn fired? 

Obviously is was a bad season but reinsdorf had endured bad seasons before without firing people?

I wonder if that leak which kinda embarrassed the organisation by portraying it as a "no culture, everyone does what he wants" org was the final straw that lead to the firing.

JR might be the type of guy who would have gladly helped covering that up and sweeping it under the rug acting like nothing happened but when it came out it really embarrassed his org which might be more important to Jerry than actually having a functional org.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:34 AM, Dominikk85 said:

Do you think that this was what got Williams and Hahn fired? 

Obviously is was a bad season but reinsdorf had endured bad seasons before without firing people?

I wonder if that leak which kinda embarrassed the organisation by portraying it as a "no culture, everyone does what he wants" org was the final straw that lead to the firing.

JR might be the type of guy who would have gladly helped covering that up and sweeping it under the rug acting like nothing happened but when it came out it really embarrassed his org which might be more important to Jerry than actually having a functional org.

I think it was one of many straws that fell in the same month