Reverse Boycott

reiks12

See post in the whitesox subreddit: 

The Oakland A's come to town August 24-27th and I don't believe there would be a better time for this. I propose we organize a SELL THE TEAM night and get as many Sox fans together as possible to get some chants going all game. Doing so would let the FO know the fans have a LOUD voice while also showing solidarity with our Oakland A's brothers and sisters who will soon be losing their team.

Look I know Jerry isn't going to nod and bow down because of this, however seeing 10000s of fans chanting their heads off like its a playoff game would go down in Sox history and could be major news (another black eye for the org). ANYTHING to make Hahn and any other media facing individuals squirm is a win. I will never forget the loud Fire Tony chants from last year and the absolute stink that caused.

All the years of treating fans like garbage, NO MORE! I have had enough of this organization and its incompetence!!!! WE DESERVE BETTER!

WHEN: I am suggesting Saturday August 26th (Dylan Cease Bobblehead Night)

WHAT: Dress in all black, bring banners, signs, tell your friends, post on social media, get as many there as possible, or support in any way!

Oakland game earlier this year:

If we can even get half of this it would be something, I would do anything possible to make that happen. This could be an epic night in Sox history.

"This won't do anything": Thats fine, we can still have fun and come together for something we all love. You can still spread the word to Sox fans or social media to show support.

"Its stupid to give Jerry all this money": He is 87 years old and a multi billionaire. One large crowd wont make a difference to his wallet. If we are going to spend money on this org then lets get our worth.

Lets make this a night to never forget.

EDIT: I am sure Bulls fans would love to join as well, if this picks up steam I could go other to r/chicagobulls and see if anyone wants to support.

Edited by reiks12

6 minutes ago, tray said:

Stay home a - holes.

I think a lot of fans have given all they can with very little return. They are out of give a fucks. It's fair to expect the team to make an effort to win back their business. That's not being an a - hole, it's being human. I've kicked at that football for too many years just to have the organization pull it away. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tray said:

Stay home a - holes.

Lifes short, might as well raise hell. Almost 20 years of straight futility while the owner kicks our dicks in. Baseball is important to me and cheering for a Sox brand I can be proud of is what I want. Cubs fans calling us trash and we roll with it like cuckolds. Years ago it we wouldnt. I want to be a proud sox fan again and I know there are many out there like me who are tired of this and just want their voices heard for one night. 

A's fans are more excited about it than Sox fans so far, the latter apathetic and barely engaged. Maybe the wrong franchise is getting moved. 

Edited by reiks12
  • Like 1

Reinsdorf is tone deaf to these sorts of tactics.  So you are going to punish him by putting more money into his and his investors pockets.  Wow that will show him.   You know when this will all go away.  When he is no longer the owner of the team.  That is it.  Billboards, signs, bags on heads, and attendance games mean nothing to him.  JR is an managing investor trying to strip mine profits from the team for him and his investors.  Thats it.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, southsideirish71 said:

Reinsdorf is tone deaf to these sorts of tactics.  So you are going to punish him by putting more money into his and his investors pockets.  Wow that will show him.   You know when this will all go away.  When he is no longer the owner of the team.  That is it.  Billboards, signs, bags on heads, and attendance games mean nothing to him.  JR is an managing investor trying to strip mine profits from the team for him and his investors.  Thats it.  

And there’s only one way he’s no longer owner. And it ain’t selling.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 1:04 PM, Superstar Lamar said:

It's much easier for me to just not care

It's been working for me, also! And I've been around since the 1959 World Series, so don't tell me I haven't been a good enough fan of this team!

Edited by Saufley
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

7 minutes ago, Saufley said:

It's been working for me, also! And I've been around since the 1959 World Series, so don't tell me I haven't been a good enough fan of this team!

Things you can hope to see if you live 100 years on earth:

Haley's comet

A full lunar eclipse

A white sox world series appearance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Would be a fun visual if everybody bought upper deck tickets and the upper deck was packed with a nearly empty lower deck.

The whole logic of this reverse boycott is completely escaping me. 

THIS idea, however, sounds hilarious. 

• Haha 1