Riordan: Physical altercation between TA and Grandal before AS break

GGajewski18

27 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

On Opening Day our team was supposed to win the division.  So Hahn was OK then and we were all OK with him.   When was Jerry supposed to whack him?  At the time of the 10 game losing streak? According to the bloodthirsty element around here that would have been fine. How many teams whack a GM midseason?  If he isn't gone after game 162, then you guys have a case.

My advice to those with an itchy trigger finger: Don't take a management job anywhere near where I work.

They were not favorites to win the division either in Vegas or from the projections. It was Minny. So I reject the entire rest of your post that follows.

In fact, one of the most disheartening offseason moments was realizing that the true talent level of our squad was projected to be in sum around 80 wins. Not 90.

Well turns out this team didn't even want to play to the back of their baseball cards and folded like a cheap lawn chair under an obese American.

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fucking hell. How did this happen? Does he just feel alienated being the only black American on the team? (Somebody call me out if I'm wrong. I don't watch this s%*# team this season). Is it that in combination with him being a diva? I think he's just hit rock bottom personally and professionally. Dude probably needs some therapy and needs some self reflection. Hope he turns it around. 

10 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Fucking hell. How did this happen? Does he just feel alienated being the only black American on the team? (Somebody call me out if I'm wrong. I don't watch this s%*# team this season). Is it that in combination with him being a diva? I think he's just hit rock bottom personally and professionally. Dude probably needs some therapy and needs some self reflection. Hope he turns it around. 

Someone made fun of me for linking a meme from it but google "tim anderson lipstick alley". It explains a TON. This dude made it his mission to be public enemy number one among a certain set of AA women and they have not let him forget it.

44 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

And with Rocky dead, it's a clear no brainer. Think they should just transfer the organization to Northwestern and give us a new name, owner, ballclub and laundry to cheer for.

He was not OK then or now.

Hahn should have been whacked after 2015, certainly in 2016 when he could not handle a 13 year old in a clubhouse and had to run to Kenny to take charge.

It might have genuinely been unfair, but there’s a decent fraction of sports who would have fired a GM after 2013. Guy adds payroll, comes into the season expecting to compete, loses 99 games? Sports are results oriented and those results are not acceptable For most franchises. I believe Arizona fired a guy after one year in a situation like that.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Someone made fun of me for linking a meme from it but google "tim anderson lipstick alley". It explains a TON. This dude made it his mission to be public enemy number one among a certain set of AA women and they have not let him forget it.

How can you name your kid after a character in That Hate U Give?  I get it, Anderson's number is 7 too, but it's about the most anti-Jackie Robinson thing I can imagine doing.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It might have genuinely been unfair, but there’s a decent fraction of sports who would have fired a GM after 2013. Guy adds payroll, comes into the season expecting to compete, loses 99 games? Sports are results oriented and those results are not acceptable For most franchises. I believe Arizona fired a guy after one year in a situation like that.

Dave Stewart....made some crazy trades and was a LaRussa disciple and pitched for him in Oak.  Literally, TLR was over him in the organizational hierarchy.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

How can you not blame the OWNER? It's not like he hasn't had enough time to judge the result of his Hahn hire.

It's pointless for one he owns the team so he isn't going anywhere and two owners are very rarely heavily involved in the day to day decision making of teams. So it's wasted energy on two fronts and most importantly on the blame pie chart I'd rather blame the persons directly.

Hahn should and will be fired at the end of the year. Grifol likely as well as they should be. Those two decisions will make the biggest difference along with cleaning out the clubhouse

Edited by wrathofhahn

Just now, wrathofhahn said:

Well it's pointless for one he owns the team so he isn't going anywhere and two owners are very rarely heavily involved in the day to day decision making of teams. So it's one wasted energy and two on the blame pie chart there are much more responsible persons.

Hahn should and will be fired at the end of the year. Grifol likely as well as they should be.

That's an excuse year to year. It's not at all an excuse over a decade long tenure like Hahn's. I mean FFS, even Jim Dolan cleared house until he stumbled into a decent duo of Thibs and Scott Perry.

Jerry doesn't need to be making sure the stairs at G-Rate are well swept or the hot dogs aren't moldy but he sure as s%*# needs to do a basic performance review of his GM every other year. And that review has only one conclusion: failing grade, motion to dismiss.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Dave Stewart....made some crazy trades and was a LaRussa disciple and pitched for him in Oak.  Literally, TLR was over him in the organizational hierarchy.

Hahn’s first year felt a lot like Phil Emery’s last year with the Bears. They hired Trestman, it collapsed completely in year two, and the Bears just said “nope” and completely started fresh. The White Sox extended everyone and Hahn is still here a decade later.

• Love 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Hahn’s first year felt a lot like Phil Emery’s last year with the Bears. They hired Trestman, it collapsed completely in year two, and the Bears just said “nope” and completely started fresh. The White Sox extended everyone and Hahn is still here a decade later.

Jeez talk about kicking someone when they're down...Being a White Sox fan is bad enough and then you have to remind everyone about Trestman lol.

36 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That's an excuse year to year. It's not at all an excuse over a decade long tenure like Hahn's. I mean FFS, even Jim Dolan cleared house until he stumbled into a decent duo of Thibs and Scott Perry.

Jerry doesn't need to be making sure the stairs at G-Rate are well swept or the hot dogs aren't moldy but he sure as s%*# needs to do a basic performance review of his GM every other year. And that review has only one conclusion: failing grade, motion to dismiss.

Look I would have fired him earlier but he realistically wasn't going to be fired after 2020 or 2021 despite there being warning signs about his inability to use FA or trades to fill out the roster.

So yes he fired him one year too late after he gets fired this year. He oversaw a rebuild and failed. It is time to move on

Edited by wrathofhahn

20 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

What did he do to become public enemy to them? I assume cheat on his wife?

43 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

They were not favorites to win the division either in Vegas or from the projections. It was Minny. So I reject the entire rest of your post that follows.

In fact, one of the most disheartening offseason moments was realizing that the true talent level of our squad was projected to be in sum around 80 wins. Not 90.

Well turns out this team didn't even want to play to the back of their baseball cards and folded like a cheap lawn chair under an obese American.

The fire Hahn thread here was from last July. The idea that people were fine with him in spring training.

I really enjoy when people make up a fake person, make them a fake group, and then lecture that group in a post.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

What did he do to become public enemy to them? I assume cheat on his wife?

Not just that, it's much worse. I had no idea. Basically taunted people that called him out, brought his baby momma (with the kid he dropped in her!) to the games instead of his wife, and on and.

Dude honestly sounds like he was trying to speedrun a villain arc.

My pointless thoughts on this situation.

Anderson needs to get some help, guy is losing it generally speaking and just needs to step back/away.

Middleton is going to have a very hard time finding any friends anywhere he goes.

This is also why s%*# in a clubhouse stays in a clubhouse. Now we're basically getting gossip posted as news.

Grandal gets exposed by TA/whoever. So maybe TA used to locker by Abreu with the Cubans and with Abreu gone he moved to another part and Grandal took that personally so he leaks this. Now nothing we hear is anything but hurt feelings.

Riordan blows.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My pointless thoughts on this situation.

Anderson needs to get some help, guy is losing it generally speaking and just needs to step back/away.

Middleton is going to have a very hard time finding any friends anywhere he goes.

This is also why s%*# in a clubhouse stays in a clubhouse. Now we're basically getting gossip posted as news.

Grandal gets exposed by TA/whoever. So maybe TA used to locker by Abreu with the Cubans and with Abreu gone he moved to another part and Grandal took that personally so he leaks this. Now nothing we hear is anything but hurt feelings.

Riordan blows.

If anything, that story somehow makes Anderson look almost sympathetic compared to Grandal.

Sharing it makes it increasingly difficult to get another MLB job.

More about TA's bunker mentality and defensiveness the last year.  Plus it makes him look kind of two faced for supporting him publicly in the past.

Edited by caulfield12