After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Because he shaved his beard off? He wasn't accountable with his beard?

He is a fringe MLB player, and dumb to pop off against his former teammates.

Who is held accountable on our team right now, what standards do we even have here. We have zero, we only have loyalty and thats a joke. But i guess i get it, if i was the one sleeping in the bullpen and someone ratted on me i would be pissed cause now i couldn't sleep at work. You only have to worry about being ratted out on someone if your doing something you shouldnt be anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoeC said:

It’s a part of culture.

appearance is one manifestation of culture.

Clubhouse culture is not personal appearance preference.  Treating adults like children and on top of that ostracizing them due to what you call difference in culture is something you think will bring them together?  Interesting.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

The Moore Getz announcement will plummet fan interest for years to come

Makes getting beer and food at the ballpark easier that's for sure.

Fans will return if they win. This will have no bearing on fan interest.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Clubhouse culture is not personal appearance preference.  Treating adults like children and on top of that ostracizing them due to what you call difference in culture is something you think will bring them together?  Interesting.  

They currently are treating them like children and letting them do whatever they want. They should treat them like adults with expectations that they are expected to follow. There is only one thing that brings together people in sports and that's winning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

They currently are treating them like children and letting them do whatever they want. They should treat them like adults with expectations that they are expected to follow. There is only one thing that brings together people in sports and that's winning. 

And everyone knows haircuts and jewelry drive them apart.  

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

Who is held accountable on our team right now, what standards do we even have here. We have zero, we only have loyalty and thats a joke. But i guess i get it, if i was the one sleeping in the bullpen and someone ratted on me i would be pissed cause now i couldn't sleep at work. You only have to worry about being ratted out on someone if your doing something you shouldnt be anyway.

The Sox suck because they have little talent.

Tony cared and knew more about the unwritten rules than the written rules, and made stupid decisions in ballgames. They weren't a joke because players where chains, they released a hip hop documentary, they had pitchers cuss on the mound, or allowed players to wear facial hair.

The Yankees haven't won anything for over a decade clinging to these outdated George Steinbrenner facial hair rules. This is the same organization paying scum like Josh Donaldson $21M.

A player can't control an organization, but he can control how he conducts himself. Between trashing the Sox and his teammates on the way out, and his wife or whoever bitching about the Sox cutting off her free babysitting service indicates someone who needs improvement and self-reflection.

Important attributes such as professional comportment, being a good teammate and respecting the clubhouse go a long way. Perhaps he wouldn't be going year to year on minor league deals if he concentrated on what he should do rather than focus on others.

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Makes getting beer and food at the ballpark easier that's for sure.

Fans will return if they win. This will have no bearing on fan interest.

This is both true and false. 

Fans will return if the Sox win, that is correct. And if they win under Getz/Moore, that will still absolutely be the case. 

But current fan interest will absolutely be impacted based on the decision the Sox make moving forward. If they were to hire Mike Chernoff, or James Click, or an assistant GM out of Tampa, there is going to be much more of a buy in from fans. Ultimately, wins and loses will dictate everything, but fan interest will absolutely be impacted by this decision. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tony said:

This is both true and false. 

Fans will return if the Sox win, that is correct. And if they win under Getz/Moore, that will still absolutely be the case. 

But current fan interest will absolutely be impacted based on the decision the Sox make moving forward. If they were to hire Mike Chernoff, or James Click, or an assistant GM out of Tampa, there is going to be much more of a buy in from fans. Ultimately, wins and loses will dictate everything, but fan interest will absolutely be impacted by this decision. 

Well said. The Chris Getz promotion blurb by Nightengale has already recieved a plethora of negativity from the fanbase and national/local media members. I hope this outcry for bringing in a person from an outside/winning organization is enough for Jerry to delay his hire until after the World Series is completed. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

32 minutes ago, venom4789 said:

The Yankees are in last place and lost the season series to the White Sox.

bUt HaIrCuTs

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

I could keep going, but the point is that the Sox aren't bad because of Moncada's neon socks or Colas' blonde hair. They're bad because the organization is a dysfunctional mess from Jerry on down. It was being held together with shoelaces, gum and band-aids in 2019-2020, but Ricky was building a good clubhouse culture.

Then the players learned that Ricky getting them to playoffs meant he was rewarded with getting fired for JR's old buddy and the floodgates opened.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Hawk 1

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

I could keep going, but the point is that the Sox aren't bad because of Moncada's neon socks or Colas' blonde hair. They're bad because the organization is a dysfunctional mess from Jerry on down. It was being held together with shoelaces, gum and band-aids in 2019-2020, but Ricky was building a good clubhouse culture.

Then the players learned that Ricky getting them to playoffs meant he was rewarded with getting fired for JR's old buddy and the floodgates opened.

Culminating in the Yerminator Unwritten Rules fiasco against the Minnesota Twins early that season...

That said, some Guardians probably DO truly believe Emmanuel Clase's strange hair color choices have led to his absolute inconsistency with the Guardians in 2023.  

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

I honestly think the next management team will have some real success. Colson, Ramos and Quero

will change things with  their skills. Guys who hit for a high average and also take a lot of walks can make even idiots look smart. They also have talented pitching prospects again. Enough of them

so that if half of them crap out, it won't kill the team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

In all fairness...something is missing in SD with all those contracts, star power, bling bling, despite the positive RS/RA ratio it just hasn't really come together all season long the 2nd season in 3.

I wonder if their problem is "righty dominated line up"?  Yankees are struggling, Sox are struggling. Both of those team are righty dominated. SD has Soto, but in big moments I bet no one lets him beat them.

Could also be that SD seems to have a lot of stats-focused players.  In extra innings, etc. it's good to have guys who play team-oriented baseball.  But who knows?  Maybe it's just TWTW.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

In all fairness...something is missing in SD with all those contracts, star power, bling bling, despite the positive RS/RA ratio it just hasn't really come together all season long the 2nd season in 3.

Of course. We all know what they're missing.

43 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Sox suck because they have little talent.

Tony cared and knew more about the unwritten rules than the written rules, and made stupid decisions in ballgames. They weren't a joke because players where chains, they released a hip hop documentary, they had pitchers cuss on the mound, or allowed players to wear facial hair.

The Yankees haven't won anything for over a decade clinging to these outdated George Steinbrenner facial hair rules. This is the same organization paying scum like Josh Donaldson $21M.

A player can't control an organization, but he can control how he conducts himself. Between trashing the Sox and his teammates on the way out, and his wife or whoever bitching about the Sox cutting off her free babysitting service indicates someone who needs improvement and self-reflection.

Important attributes such as professional comportment, being a good teammate and respecting the clubhouse go a long way. Perhaps he wouldn't be going year to year on minor league deals if he concentrated on what he should do rather than focus on others.

I guess it depends on your definition of "winning" doesn't it? 

In the past 10 years 2013-2022 the Yankees have had 10 winning seasons, five years where they won 90 or more games, three years where they won 100 or more games and made the post season six times.

As a Sox fan I'd give my right arm to have that kind of recent history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zisk said:

I honestly think the next management team will have some real success. Colson, Ramos and Quero

will change things with  their skills. Guys who hit for a high average and also take a lot of walks can make even idiots look smart. They also have talented pitching prospects again. Enough of them

so that if half of them crap out, it won't kill the team. 

We have heard previously about wave after wave after wave of pitching coming...

1998-2001 and then recently when we were ranked #1 as well in the 2017-18 cycle.

Couldn't have been further from the truth, in reality.

You can never ever have too much pitching.

Just look at the Rays this season.

Or the Dodgers.  Or the Guardians.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

We have heard previously about wave after wave after wave of pitching coming...

1998-2001 and then recently when we were ranked #1 as well in the 2017-18 cycle.

Couldn't have been further from the truth, in reality.

You can never ever have too much pitching.

Just look at the Rays this season.

And to think Kenny/Rick thought they could get through the season having only Davis Martin in reserve? Just for thinking like that they deserved to get fired. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I guess it depends on your definition of "winning" doesn't it? 

In the past 10 years 2013-2022 the Yankees have had 10 winning seasons, five years where they won 90 or more games, three years where they won 100 or more games and made the post season six times.

As a Sox fan I'd give my right arm to have that kind of recent history.

Personally, I'd like to emulate these teams:

la-photos-1staff-635100-sp-dodgers-9-rcg

randy-arozarena-thumb-1000xauto-1471.jpg

• Like 1

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP