Moncada finally admits his preparation needs to change…beginning this offseason (ofc he will be a FA)

caulfield12

3 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Let's be fair here, at least as fair as possible. Looking at Moncada, its not like he passes off some first impression that he's a bum. Dude's jacked. Clearly takes care of himself.

But also, it sounds like players have been put on blast. 

Are you a Dodgers fan?

Maybe we need to hire Prime Time as a part time baseball coach to motivate the White Sox...

"It's fun," Colorado's Travis Hunter said of playing both ways. "It's hard on your body (playing 120+ total snaps in 100 degree heat), but that's what you got treatment for. I like going out there. I didn't get a touchdown today, but I got an interception, so that's going to help my stats, and it's going to help the team, and helping the team is what I want to do."

Edited by caulfield12

9 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

Yea, it was a fun game . Jake has been pretty good at 3rd, and I noticed less strikeouts . the Marlins were fading a bit, but Jake seems to have got them going again.

His wife indicated frustration. I’m sure playing free of the roadblocks, and  playing free from this mindfucking organization helps him to play more loose.

25 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I'll be happy to see Yoan in the rear view mirror

He still speaks via a translator? After how many yrs here? Im starting a GoFund me for the poor guy so he can hire a ESL tutor

I was going to say this as well. He’s been here since 2015 and goes out to bars every night, and he still hasn’t picked up the language?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I was going to say this as well. He’s been here since 2015 and goes out to bars every night, and he still hasn’t picked up the language?

The Red Sox knew something about this guy. The White Sox always think they can outsmart some of these organizations in trades. A lot more investment in baseball intelligence is needed on the south side. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

The Red Sox knew something about this guy. The White Sox always think they can outsmart some of these organizations in trades. A lot more investment in baseball intelligence is needed on the south side. 

Most of them don't bother but it is a two way street. Coaches who only speak English might be less in demand. 

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Modern baseball seems to have more than its share of brittle players.   I wonder what players in the 70's and 80's.  

Players didn't play at the extreme. Using pitchers for an example, they went to the mound with the goal of a complete game. They paced themselves for that. During the first inning they were saving something for the seventh or eighth innings. Now throw hard from the first pitch, try to get five innings, and hit the bench. The effort is greater for a shorter duration and at the edge of injury. 

On 9/2/2023 at 9:16 PM, Paulie4Pres said:

If only there was a department within the organization that handled this for players... Lmao. Like, he has back problems. He should have a training and medical staff telling him the best way to prepare and deal with that. Not "figuring it out" on his own.

Christ. 

The assumption is they haven't. How about he ignored their first advice. So they offered something different he might do. Then something else trying to find something, anything he would do. 

I'm more inclined to blame him than the trainers. Bottom line he's an adult, they can't lock him in a cell and force him to take care of himself. 

18 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Is it that obvious? (looks at profile picture)

What message board do you use for them? Something similar to Soxtalk. I’m only finding sites where fans can post an article. But no real threads. 

On 9/2/2023 at 11:34 PM, TheBooneLoganEra said:

If there was ever a player who was going to up the effort in a contract year its Yoan Moncada. 

This. If healthy, and that’s an enormous if, I think he has a solid 2024. Also think there’s a decent chance the org is just done with him and do what is necessary to move him, which is probably eat $20M or so including the buyout. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1