41% decrease in viewership

reiks12

I stand mildly corrected - I canceled my auto-renewal during the lockout, then re-upped once the new deal was reached.

I have zero intention of renewing for 2024 unless the Sox are somehow in first place after the Bud Billiken parade.

• Fire 1

The team lost 101 games and was difficult to watch. Is anybody surprised at the low  TV ratings? In my opinion there are worse situations. The Tampa Bay Rays won more games than the White Sox and the White Sox had better attendance. The Rays played  the Rangers today in the playoffs and had thousands of empty seats. They only sold   over 19,000 tickets for the playoff  game today. I think alot of people were surprised when the Rays announced that their new stadium is going to be in the same location as the present one.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The team lost 101 games and was difficult to watch. Is anybody surprised at the low  TV ratings? In my opinion there are worse situations. The Tampa Bay Rays won more games than the White Sox and the White Sox had better attendance. The Rays played  the Rangers today in the playoffs and had thousands of empty seats. They only sold   over 19,000 tickets for the playoff  game today. I think alot of people were surprised when the Rays announced that their new stadium is going to be in the same location as the present one.

The 19 thousand surprised me as well but it's in the middle of the day on a work day. What did you expect?  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The team lost 101 games and was difficult to watch. Is anybody surprised at the low  TV ratings? In my opinion there are worse situations. The Tampa Bay Rays won more games than the White Sox and the White Sox had better attendance. The Rays played  the Rangers today in the playoffs and had thousands of empty seats. They only sold  over 19,000 tickets for the playoff game today. I think alot of people were surprised when the Rays announced that their new stadium is going to be in the same location as the present one.

It’s a shame Jerry didn’t move there in 1988, with Chicago getting an AL Expansion Team. They would have contracted it, because unlike the Rays, Jerry is incapable of hiring and retaining a solid FO who can make it work.

It is really stupid to build and continue playing on the wrong side of the bay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Surprised it wasn't more. I wonder how far its going to drop next season? 
When was the last full game you watched?

I’m sure I didn’t watch more than 10-15% of their innings this year, and I have the MLB ticket. Least I’ve ever watched when games were available to me.

I probably watched no more than 5 full games (“full” = 6 innings or more of a game for this exercise) this season. The rest was an inning or two here or there. Team was excruciating to watch in all aspects.

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

They were in the bottom 1/3 of the league in ratings last year. That's a 40% drop off from already below average. 

How many different ways does everyone want to say "We suck. Nobody cares and nobody is watching?" The Sox suck. They're the second team in the second city. The organization is atrocious. We have little hope for the future. Why in the f*** do you guys get off on repeating this? We already know. It's always been shitty being a Sox fan. Why in the f*** do Sox fans feel better about reminding the rest of us that we suck? You think you're ahead of the game in identifying that we're all fans of an irrelevant franchise? No s%*#. All of us already knew that. You think that you figured it out by noticing that other organizations use advanced analytics and the Sox don't? No fucking s%*#. We suck and always have.

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

42 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

How many different ways does everyone want to say "We suck. Nobody cares and nobody is watching?" The Sox suck. They're the second team in the second city. The organization is atrocious. We have little hope for the future. Why in the f*** do you guys get off on repeating this? We already know. It's always been shitty being a Sox fan. Why in the f*** do Sox fans feel better about reminding the rest of us that we suck? You think you're ahead of the game in identifying that we're all fans of an irrelevant franchise? No s%*#. All of us already knew that. You think that you figured it out by noticing that other organizations use advanced analytics and the Sox don't? No fucking s%*#. We suck and always have.

The big change this time is that there appeared to be an actual plan this time with an intentional rebuild. We got good results for two half-years… then the bottom fell out.

The fall from hope was fast, persistent, and painful. That’s the biggest thing about this round.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It’s a shame Jerry didn’t move there in 1988, with Chicago getting an AL Expansion Team. They would have contracted it, because unlike the Rays, Jerry is incapable of hiring and retaining a solid FO who can make it work.

It is really stupid to build and continue playing on the wrong side of the bay.

It doesn't make any sense to build the new stadium at the same location. Perhaps no other city (Tampa, Orlando, Montreal and Nashville) would build the Rays  a stadium.

15 minutes ago, JoeC said:

The big change this time is that there appeared to be an actual plan this time with an intentional rebuild. We got good results for two half-years… then the bottom fell out.

The fall from hope was fast, persistent, and painful. That’s the biggest thing about this round.

There is no big change. We traded assets for a ton of prospects and they didn't work out. We sucked then and we still suck. Why is it therapeutic to remind the rest of us that it sucks to suck? No fucking s%*#. 

Edited by TaylorStSox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

There is no big change. We traded assets for a ton of prospects and they didn't work out. We sucked then and we still suck. Why is it therapeutic to remind the rest of us that it sucks to suck? No fucking s%*#. 

Ok.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

It doesn't make any sense to build the new stadium at the same location. Perhaps no other city (Tampa, Orlando, Montreal and Nashville) would build the Rays  a stadium.

Tampa had at least two legitimate stadium offers in Ybor City (2018 and 2023). Owners rather have the no or less expensive option even if they would have longer term financial success elsewhere because many just want to flip / sell once the taxpayer funded stadium is built

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

Historically that isn't true. It is since 2007 but the time period from 1951-1967 was excellent. The time period from 2000-2006 wasn't bad either. 

• Thanks 1