41% decrease in viewership

reiks12

41 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

There is no big change. We traded assets for a ton of prospects and they didn't work out. We sucked then and we still suck. Why is it therapeutic to remind the rest of us that it sucks to suck? No fucking s%*#.

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

How many different ways does everyone want to say "We suck. Nobody cares and nobody is watching?" The Sox suck. They're the second team in the second city. The organization is atrocious. We have little hope for the future. Why in the f*** do you guys get off on repeating this? We already know. It's always been shitty being a Sox fan. Why in the f*** do Sox fans feel better about reminding the rest of us that we suck? You think you're ahead of the game in identifying that we're all fans of an irrelevant franchise? No s%*#. All of us already knew that. You think that you figured it out by noticing that other organizations use advanced analytics and the Sox don't? No fucking s%*#. We suck and always have.

Was this therapeutic?

• Haha 5
  • Fire 1

45 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Historically that isn't true. It is since 2007 but the time period from 1951-1967 was excellent. The time period from 2000-2006 wasn't bad either. 

Those teams sucked too. The specialized by getting their asses kicked by the Yankees, Twins and Indians.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

There is no big change. We traded assets for a ton of prospects and they didn't work out. We sucked then and we still suck. Why is it therapeutic to remind the rest of us that it sucks to suck? No fucking s%*#. 

Isn’t that what you’re doing at this very moment?

And the short answer is that misery loves company.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It’s a shame Jerry didn’t move there in 1988, with Chicago getting an AL Expansion Team. They would have contracted it, because unlike the Rays, Jerry is incapable of hiring and retaining a solid FO who can make it work.

It is really stupid to build and continue playing on the wrong side of the bay.

Chicago would not have gotten an expansion team. Good lord. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Those teams sucked too. The specialized by getting their asses kicked by the Yankees, Twins and Indians.

They had winning records, but if you’re determined to be angry don’t let me stop you. 

Edited by NO!!MARY!!!

14 hours ago, WBWSF said:

The team lost 101 games and was difficult to watch. Is anybody surprised at the low  TV ratings? In my opinion there are worse situations. The Tampa Bay Rays won more games than the White Sox and the White Sox had better attendance. The Rays played  the Rangers today in the playoffs and had thousands of empty seats. They only sold   over 19,000 tickets for the playoff  game today. I think alot of people were surprised when the Rays announced that their new stadium is going to be in the same location as the present one.

The Rays want a new stadium so they can start getting 10,000 fans per game. This is a total joke. I will say once again that Tampa Bay/St Pete really needs to move to a better location. They have done a great job of turning their team into a good product on the field. Now they need a fan base that will come out and support their team.

I don't know what is going on in the White Sox organization right now, but they need to take this decline seriously. Blaming the fans or being bitter is not going to solve anything. They have to find a way to do something constructive this off season. Things are not going to turn around in one year, but they have to show they are committed to turning this thing around and take positive actions now. Another 100-loss season isn't going to cut it.

4 hours ago, Highland said:

I don't know what is going on in the White Sox organization right now, but they need to take this decline seriously. Blaming the fans or being bitter is not going to solve anything. They have to find a way to do something constructive this off season. Things are not going to turn around in one year, but they have to show they are committed to turning this thing around and take positive actions now. Another 100-loss season isn't going to cut it.

I think they already decided that they did nothing wrong, the problem was just a couple of people (Hahn and Williams) but they don't need to make any fundamental changes, they need to keep doing things the way they have been doing, just with a few minor tweaks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Definitely. This used to be one of my favorite sites. It's grown into something where people try to out emo each other. If we all admit that it sucks being a Sox fan, maybe we can start talking about baseball again.

The biggest story around the Sox is how they suck and how it sucks being a fan of them. How are you surprised that that's being talked about so much? It's virtually impossible to "talk about baseball" without it being centered around how much they suck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snopek said:

The biggest story around the Sox is how they suck and how it sucks being a fan of them. How are you surprised that that's being talked about so much? It's virtually impossible to "talk about baseball" without it being centered around how much they suck.

Isn't there a complete section for talking non-Sox baseball? That's where you go to laugh at the Cubs collapse, or talk about the Rangers, Orioles, Cardinals or anybody else in MLB.

This section is for talking Sox baseball and you are exactly correct, they are terrible.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, White Sox Park said:

I still had every game on, but didn't always pay attention . the only season that I can recall where missed a lot of games, was in 1983, because I was overseas the whole summer.

So you’re the problem. You need to leave the country. Take Grifol with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

This is the first year in my lifetime that I completely stopped watching. 

Ditto me. And the scary thing is I came very close to stopping to check the box scores. I like to see if Vaughn is building his BA at all even though BA means nothing now. Also I like to see if a position player pitched in all our routs. I will say Pedro in September never put in a position player. He put in some hack reliever to close out blowout losses. Once I stop even checking the box scores of Sox games, I'd be done completely. i don't want to be done. I want to like the Sox and MLB again. I have no desire to watch the playoffs. That never happens to me. ... I'm not alone if ratings are down 40 percent. WOW.

Edited by greg775
  • Fire 1

On 10/3/2023 at 7:59 PM, TaylorStSox said:

How many different ways does everyone want to say "We suck. Nobody cares and nobody is watching?" The Sox suck. They're the second team in the second city. The organization is atrocious. We have little hope for the future. Why in the f*** do you guys get off on repeating this?

Cause there's really nothing to talk about otherwise re. our fave team. In the past I'd get in hot water cause we'd discuss Abreu and I'd express my support/love for him and face the music from the haters. Or we could discuss a good pitching prospect like Cease. Now? Pretty much we can't discuss any player cause all of 'em are unlikeable. Think about it, who on our team do you enjoy watching and are willing to discuss positively in a thread? Cease? That ship appears to have sailed. Too many pitches in his starts and walks ... Vaughn and Sheets? Not quite ... TA? Ugh. Only hope for him is amazing offseason work and comeback player of the year ... Moncada? Please ... Robert? OK but he still gets hurt too much lessening his loveability ... Kopech? 27 years old and trending downward. ... That new catcher we got? Appears to be a much worse hitter than Gary Peters. ... Trades? Nobody can logically discuss trades cause our guys are being dealt at their lowest possible value.

In other words ... no discussion of the Sox can be held without discussing the fact the team reeks. None of us want that but there are no likeable players, the manager appears to be way overmatched and the GM has no experience. The owner is eminently unlikeable, seemingly satisfied with the one WS title. There are no topics to discuss. There are other threads to discuss MLB on the whole.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

If the original Sox would have moved? Yes we would have. Chicago would be first on ANY expansion list should either team ever move.

Not anymore.  Maybe back in the day, but if they move, this becomes and stays a cubs town.  

• Like 1

It feels wrong that this is the most baseball I’ve watched in my life and that of course this was the year to do it. The primary reason is that I’m sick of the bulls and trading away the future for a terrible ‘win now’ roster. Impossible team to watch and its soiled the nba for me.

I still genuinely think the Sox are in a better position over the next five years than the Bulls are. 

20 minutes ago, nrockway said:

It feels wrong that this is the most baseball I’ve watched in my life and that of course this was the year to do it. The primary reason is that I’m sick of the bulls and trading away the future for a terrible ‘win now’ roster. Impossible team to watch and its soiled the nba for me.

I still genuinely think the Sox are in a better position over the next five years than the Bulls are. 

Both may be in good shape because the possibility exists of new ownership.

1 hour ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

If the original Sox would have moved? Yes we would have. Chicago would be first on ANY expansion list should either team ever move.

Yes, my post was in reference to if Jerry moved to TB in 1988. I believe Chicago would have funded a stadium under Richie Daley and Edgar/Ryan.

Today, an expansion team would be blocked by the Cubs and possibly Milwaukee of northern suburbs were considered, and have trouble finding government funding, the latter of which is a good development.

That said, economically, even 1/3 - 2/5 of the Chicago market is larger than the current American targets (Las Vegas, Nashville, Charlotte, Portland, Salt Lake City).

7 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

This is the first year in my lifetime that I completely stopped watching.  I cut down dramatically after they followed that promising Yankees series by losing to the Marlins.  Then i think it was the Twins sweep after the ASB that made me realize the cavalry wasn't coming...maybe ever

I went to 1 game this year at Yankee stadium.  I vowed not to give JR any of my money.  I did purchase the Buehrle sliding tarp bobblehead, but that $ goes to White Sox charities.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2023 at 4:56 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Yes, my post was in reference to if Jerry moved to TB in 1988. I believe Chicago would have funded a stadium under Richie Daley and Edgar/Ryan.

Today, an expansion team would be blocked by the Cubs and possibly Milwaukee of northern suburbs were considered, and have trouble finding government funding, the latter of which is a good development.

That said, economically, even 1/3 - 2/5 of the Chicago market is larger than the current American targets (Las Vegas, Nashville, Charlotte, Portland, Salt Lake City).

Today MLB gets the Cubs with a 5/5 share of Chicago and gains 100% of a new region when the team moves.