2023 Division Series

flavum

The amazing thing is that the Phillies' manager was one of the least heralded guys out there...at least when that trigger was pulled.

Look where they are now.

Ofc, we get the opposite out of Grifol, but not much comparison in talent between the two teams anymore (2022-23, compared to 2020-21 Sox and Phils).

44 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Those Orioles were right, they didn’t need pitching at the deadline. I hope all the prospect hugging was worth it.

All they had to do was eat a few contracts, not give up prospects. Scumbag owner claimed he is broke, and also don't expect this core to last once they have to pay them. What a corrupt pathetic sport.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2696277

The more the Sox piss me off, the less energy I have to hate the twins in that rivalry way. Dare I say I’m even enjoying their playoff run?

Correa is a postseason cheat code and Pablo López is a stud and seems like an excellent dude. It’s kinda fun to watch 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Snopek
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Snopek said:

The more the Sox piss me off, the less energy I have to hate the wins in that rivalry way. Dare I say I’m even enjoying their playoff run?

Correa is a postseason cheat code and Pablo López is a stud and seems like an excellent dude. It’s kinda fun to watch 🤷‍♂️

This is me. Fun team, clean uniforms, likable roster. I'll get back to hating the Twins once the Sox are competitive in 4 to 5 years. 

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 2

I'm pulling for the Astros at this point.

Most of their cheaters are gone, and if we ding them for having guys from that championship team, the Twins have 2 of them. I know Keuchel wasn't a hitter, but he had to have known (after all, a reliever is the one that broke the scandal).

Add in Abreu and the fact that the Twins are the Twins, it makes it easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quin said:

Most of their cheaters are gone, and if we ding them for having guys from that championship team, the Twins have 2 of them. I know Keuchel wasn't a hitter, but he had to have known (after all, a reliever is the one that broke the scandal).

Same fans, same owners. I will never root for them again. You could put every player I hate on a team, and I’d root for them against the Astros. They cheated and were then allowed to get away with it when discovered. They were even protected from in-game retribution from other teams. MLB basically punished everyone else in order not to punish the cheaters.

I can’t stress it enough. f*** that team straight to hell.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

Same fans, same owners. I will never root for them again. You could put every player I hate on a team, and I’d root for them against the Astros. They cheated and were then allowed to get away with it when discovered. They were even protected from in-game retribution from other teams. MLB basically punished everyone else in order not to punish the cheaters.

I can’t stress it enough. f*** that team straight to hell.

To be clear, I have zero interest in defending the Astros, but isn’t this more of a f*** mlb post?

6 hours ago, Quin said:

As long as Altuve is on the Astros, I will root against them.

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/lucas-giolito-claims-all-teams-besides-houston-astros-were-cheating-world-series

"Here's the thing, it's like it's all those teams were cheating than I think," he said. "Based on everything I've heard, it was like all the teams that were in the postseason that year were doing the same sh*t."

"I think that's also kinda why the players kinda had that half-apology energy when they were apologizing for all this stuff, because they probably knew like 'Man we got caught, but everyone was kinda doing this stuff,'" Giolito said.

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Dave Roberts has to get fired if the Dodgers lose this series right?

Not sure why unless they think he can't take them past a division.   Sometimes you wonder if a 100 win season is a curse.  Aren't they a team who has more than their share of injuries?  

Imagine a 100 win manager loses his job while a 100 loss manager is keeping his.