2023 World Series- Rangers/Dbacks

flavum

On 10/29/2023 at 8:45 AM, Milkman delivers said:

Not too much excitement around here, huh?

I sort of half-watched game 1 and just checked in on the box score for game 2 a couple of times. Seems like Arizona is probably the team this year.

Eh, I'm pulling for AZ, but I really have no horse in the race. I think the D-backs have better pitching depth and with the next 3 at home have a huge advantage. Of course I don't want baseball to end, so I need some crazy chaos from Texas so this goes 6 or 7.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Eh, I'm pulling for AZ, but I really have no horse in the race. I think the D-backs have better pitching depth and with the next 3 at home have a huge advantage. Of course I don't want baseball to end, so I need some crazy chaos from Texas so this goes 6 or 7.

https://www.mlb.com/news/featured/world-series-nicole-hazen-mike-hazen-love-story

Heartbreaking story.

Makes it hard not to pull for AZ, Hazen and Merrill Kelly as well.

My remaining cousins on father's side all live in Plano area, so that's the main pull there...suffering through 2010 and especially 2011 against the Cards.

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Getting the Rangers to use Leclerc seems like a minor win for the Diamondbacks in this scenario. You're never going to win a game you were down 11-1 in, but making the other team use their closer is at least something. 

See Jose Paniagua disaster game against Minny...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Getting the Rangers to use Leclerc seems like a minor win for the Diamondbacks in this scenario. You're never going to win a game you were down 11-1 in, but making the other team use their closer is at least something. 

I don’t think I’d trust that guy in a close situation anyway. He seems to make it more interesting than necessary each time I’ve seen him finish a game.

We already knew a wildcard team would win the WS. Instead of teams playing meaningless games in September those fans can still dream of a WS even if they are out of division championship chances. 

Division championship banners are nice decorations for some franchises, but a WS win is so much more. 

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

We already knew a wildcard team would win the WS. Instead of teams playing meaningless games in September those fans can still dream of a WS even if they are out of division championship chances. 

Division championship banners are nice decorations for some franchises, but a WS win is so much more. 

32f.jpg

Millions more Americans care enough to watch Women’s College Basketball Championship over Manfred’s Wildcard Series. Millions.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-world-series-texas-rangers-arizona-diamondbacks-20231101-d6pbfqolvjd7bhm6ljphxjwdc4-story.html

Game 2, a close affair until the Diamondbacks pulled away in the eighth inning in a 9-1 win, had an average of 8.15 million viewers on Fox. Monday’s Game 3 was the least-watched Series game on record with an average of 8.13 million viewers as the Rangers won 3-1.

In comparison, the NCAA women’s national basketball championship game last March between LSU and Iowa drew 9.9 million viewers to ESPN, thanks in no small part to the intriguing matchup pitting Iowa’s Caitlin Clark and LSU’s Angel Reese.

Women’s College Basketball Final (April 14)

TexSox’ MLB 94 Total Game Regular Season Schedule (April 15 - June 30):

44 American League

• Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees (44 Games)

44 National League

• Chicago Cubs vs. Saint Louis Cardinals (20 games)
  • Chicago Cubs vs. Milwaukee Brewers (18 Games)
  • Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants (6 Games)

6 Inter-league Games

• Chicago Cubs vs. Nashville White Sox (6 games held at Wrigley Field)

22 other teams: Contracted

All Star Game Week (Week of July 4th)

National League Wildcard Series (July 10-20 Best of 7):

All Four Teams Eliminated on July 20

• Dodgers vs. Giants
  • Brewers vs. Cardinals

League Championship Series (July 10-20 Bye & Best of 7):

National League: Chicago Cubs = Bye Week

Nashville White Sox play Cubs over seven Exhibition Games held at Wrigley Field to keep Cubs fresh for World Series (July 10-20).

American League: Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees 

World Series (July 21-30): Cubs vs. ALCS Winner. All games held at Wrigley Field.

Taste of Chicago, Air & Water Show and the Chicago NASCAR Street Race moved to July 21-30 to keep fans occupied on off days.

NFL Hall of Fame Game (July 31)

MLB completely avoids competing against both the NFL & College Women’s Basketball under new schedule and playoff format. MLB may possibly beat the Woman’s College Basketball TV ratings if all goes right.

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

32f.jpg

Millions more Americans care enough to watch Women’s College Basketball Championship over Manfred’s Wildcard Series. Millions.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-world-series-texas-rangers-arizona-diamondbacks-20231101-d6pbfqolvjd7bhm6ljphxjwdc4-story.html

Women’s College Basketball Final (April 14)

TexSox’ MLB 94 Total Game Regular Season Schedule (April 15 - June 30):

44 American League

• Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees (44 Games)

44 National League

• Chicago Cubs vs. Saint Louis Cardinals (20 games)
  • Chicago Cubs vs. Milwaukee Brewers (18 Games)
  • Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants (6 Games)

6 Inter-league Games

• Chicago Cubs vs. Nashville White Sox (6 games held at Wrigley Field)

22 other teams: Contracted

All Star Game Week (Week of July 4th)

National League Wildcard Series (July 10-20 Best of 7):

All Four Teams Eliminated on July 20

• Dodgers vs. Giants
  • Brewers vs. Cardinals

League Championship Series (July 10-20 Bye & Best of 7):

National League: Chicago Cubs = Bye Week

Nashville White Sox play Cubs over seven Exhibition Games held at Wrigley Field to keep Cubs fresh for World Series (July 10-20).

American League: Boston Red Sox vs. New York Yankees 

World Series (July 21-30): Cubs vs. ALCS Winner. All games held at Wrigley Field.

Taste of Chicago, Air & Water Show and the Chicago NASCAR Street Race moved to July 21-30 to keep fans occupied on off days.

NFL Hall of Fame Game (July 31)

MLB completely avoids competing against both the NFL & College Women’s Basketball under new schedule and playoff format. MLB may possibly beat the Woman’s College Basketball TV ratings if all goes right.

The Womens' College Basketball Championship was pretty epic, though.  Much more compelling than this World Series.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1