Current Mood

Texsox

One month in, how are you feeling?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Compared to October 1st - How are you feeling about this team?

10 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Like Iowa FB fans as they win 2023 Big10 West but lose to Michigan or OSU 61-0 in the Championship Game and then have to face 2024 USC UCLA Washington Oregon…with coaching/managing equivalent of TLR in Ferentz still running 2002 jailbreak screen offense with an immobile pocket-based QB. 

Wow just wow…

22 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Thinking about switching to a different team.  If the Sox were a loaf of bread that is poor quality do we still eat and buy the bread?  Odd how we worship sports organizations. 

I think the only thing that is attractive about this organization is the stupidity.  People like that

We all have thought about switching teams I'm sure, but it's hard to leap over to the North Side and root for the Cubs. I keep starting a post saying I'm done with the Sox but never hit "save", and I always find my way back to the cliff I have no intention of jumping off.  Not sure why because ownership has s%*# on us time after time.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

We all have thought about switching teams I'm sure, but it's hard to leap over to the North Side and root for the Cubs. I keep starting a post saying I'm done with the Sox but never hit "save", and I always find my way back to the cliff I have no intention of jumping off.  Not sure why because ownership has s%*# on us time after time.

I've never thought of switching my fandom from the Sox and that's after now spending the majority of my life in So Cal .

I know the Sox are bad and honestly a historically bad franchise. Family tradition was Sox fandom and I embraced it . It helped with my relationship with any sports minded member of my family. I got a World Series win from it.

While I might write a lot about how JR is the root of all Sox problems I just don't take it personally. I'm entrenched in my fandom but not an emotional prisoner of it.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I've never thought of switching my fandom from the Sox and that's after now spending the majority of my life in So Cal .

I know the Sox are bad and honestly a historically bad franchise. Family tradition was Sox fandom and I embraced it . It helped with my relationship with any sports minded member of my family. I got a World Series win from it.

While I might write a lot about how JR is the root of all Sox problems I just don't take it personally. I'm entrenched in my fandom but not an emotional prisoner of it.

Kudo's, that's an impressive form of mind control you have to have NEVER thought about it.   Maybe because you don't live in or near Chicago and don't get to experience what's it's like to be a Sox fan in the same city with a Cubs team that most players and managers having nothing but good things to say about them. You always hear former Cub players say what they love about Wrigley, but you be hard pressed to find those comments said about the Sox.

Another example.....While the Cubs are linked to free agents Shohei Ohtani, Juan Soto, Pete Alonso and Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Not to mention Cody Bellinger and Marcus Stroman, who opted out of their deals but could return to the Cubs. While on the south side we get to hear names linked to the Sox like, DeJong, Merifield, TA, Clevinger, and Perez. 

Edited by A-Train to 35th
add

2 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

You sound like cub fan material.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Kudo's, that's an impressive form of mind control you have to have NEVER thought about it.   Maybe because you don't live in or near Chicago and don't get to experience what's it's like to be a Sox fan in the same city with a Cubs team that most players and managers having nothing but good things to say about them. You always hear former Cub players say what they love about Wrigley, but you be hard pressed to find those comments said about the Sox.

Another example.....While the Cubs are linked to free agents Shohei Ohtani, Juan Soto, Pete Alonso and Yoshinobu Yamamoto. Not to mention Cody Bellinger and Marcus Stroman, who opted out of their deals but could return to the Cubs. While on the south side we get to hear names linked to the Sox like, DeJong, Merifield, TA, Clevinger, and Perez. 

2024 could be a very pivotal year for the White Sox franchise, I can never remember Sox fans being this depressed with the Sox, if JR doesn’t step up and spend some real money on premier free agents I think Sox fans will abandon the team and by the time the lease is up on Sox Park they won’t be drawing flies to the games and will be on their way to Nashville or some other city where there will be a lot more support. I don’t expect them to sign Ohtani but they need to think real hard about guys like Bellinger and a few more, signing guys like Whit Merrifield ain’t going to hack it. They also need to think seriously about replacing Grifol, it would go a long way towards Sox fans thinking  that the franchise is serious about winning and competing as soon as possible, who gets that feeling with this buffoon that we had as manager last season.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Trust me I am such a big Sox diehard I probably know more about the Sox than I ever have. I watch podcasts , read articles and usually watch games the way you're not supposed to online and now I've figured out how to get them on my TV too which I just tried with a Blackhawks game and finally watched it on a big screen not my SD computer monitor.

• Love 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Trust me I am such a big Sox diehard I probably know more about the Sox than I ever have. I watch podcasts , read articles and usually watch games the way you're not supposed to online and now I've figured out how to get them on my TV too which I just tried with a Blackhawks game and finally watched it on a big screen not my SD computer monitor.

I also lived the 1st 22 years of my life in Chicago and attended Disco Demolition and here in California the Sox pennant clinching game in '05 in Anaheim.

4 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I have never thought about becoming a north side Cubs fan! This current White Sox ownership group will not get a penny from me until real changes are made. I can and will do without baseball until they are made.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Soto is under control for 2024 until projected ARB salary of $35-40 millionish dumped from payroll.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I also lived the 1st 22 years of my life in Chicago and attended Disco Demolition and here in California the Sox pennant clinching game in '05 in Anaheim.

Disco Demolition which I attended as well, was one of the lowest points in Sox history.  Not a fan of disco and wasn't a fan of Steve Dahl either. I listened to WXRT 93.1 or Triad 106 FM and stayed far away from Steve Dahl's Loop.  I went to see a baseball game and it turned into a riot.

add

47 minutes ago, Saufley said:

I have never thought about becoming a north side Cubs fan! This current White Sox ownership group will not get a penny from me until real changes are made. I can and will do without baseball until they are made.

I can't do without baseball but to clarify I also said " I always find my way back to the cliff I have no intention of jumping off". Nothing wrong with dreaming about what it would be like to be a fan of an organization that does things the right way and makes it a destination opposing players and managers want to be part of.

12 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I can't do without baseball but to clarify I also said "

I always find my way back to the cliff I have no intention of jumping off". Nothing wrong with dreaming about what it would be like to be a fan of an organization that does things the right way and makes it a destination opposing players and managers want to be part of.

I have definitely thought about it lol . People can say what they want. But you gotta admit that Craig Counsell hiring is very intriguing. I may just pay more attention to the northsiders next year, especially if the Sox are just as, if not more depressing than this season.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I have definitely thought about it lol . People can say what they want. But you gotta admit that Craig Counsell hiring is very intriguing. I may just pay more attention to the northsiders next year, especially if the Sox are just as, if not more depressing than this season.

I let two of my daughters marry Cubs fans, so I may as well especially since one of my grandson's is a Cubs fan.  Thank God my other grandson is a Sox fan, most likely because he wants to be different than his brother, but I'll take it.   I  almost started a family fight when I was forced to watch the Cubs NCLS victory over the Dodgers in 2016 at my daughters house and my son-in-law brought out a Cubs banner and was waving it around with my sister another Cubs fan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Disco Demolition which I attended as well, was one of the lowest points in Sox history.  Not a fan of disco and wasn't a fan of Steve Dahl either. I listened to WXRT 93.1 or Triad 106 FM and stayed far away from Steve Dahl's Loop.  I went to see a baseball game and it turned into a riot.

Steve Dahl was a douchebag, Jonnie B lame. Always hated The Loop. Disco Demolition wasn't a big thing until the documentaries, didn't clutch my pearls about it. Was pissed at Sparky Anderson for crying about it and getting a forfeit win. 

My radio stations over the years:

95_DETAIL_1024x1024_49f59f36-0ea7-4473-9

• Love 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:15 AM, A-Train to 35th said:

Why do people feel like they need to switch to the Northside.  Of course the Northside is every kid on the block  has new shoes and the Southside is like hand me downs.  I think the Sox should move to Nashville and stop being the White Sox.    Reinsdorf joked about not signing Ohtani while Cub fans think signing him is very possible.  

The team in my neighborhood just made it to the World Series.   I'm tempted to be a fan but I can't watch then on MLB and I'd have to fork out more money to Cox to watch them.  What's sad is I'm down the street from Camelback Ranch.

Right now I feel like an A's or Royals fan - no hope. 

50 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Why do people feel like they need to switch to the Northside.  Of course the Northside is every kid on the block  has new shoes and the Southside is like hand me downs.  I think the Sox should move to Nashville and stop being the White Sox.    Reinsdorf joked about not signing Ohtani while Cub fans think signing him is very possible.  

The team in my neighborhood just made it to the World Series.   I'm tempted to be a fan but I can't watch then on MLB and I'd have to fork out more money to Cox to watch them.  What's sad is I'm down the street from Camelback Ranch.

Right now I feel like an A's or Royals fan - no hope. 

I said "Thought about" which is different than actually doing it.  BTW thinking about switching is drastically different than " I think the Sox should move to Nashville and stop being the White Sox".  Of course I wouldn't switch to the Cubs, but the thought crossed my mind and if you read my entire post I follow that "thought" with "I always find my way back to the cliff I have no intention of jumping off".

add

11 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I said "Thought about" which is different than actually doing it.  BTW thinking about switching is drastically different than " I think the Sox should move to Nashville and stop being the White Sox".  Of course I wouldn't switch to the Cubs, but the thought crossed my mind and if you read my entire post I follow that "thought" with "I always find my way back to the cliff I have no intention of jumping off".

I feel the same way.  I'm jealous of the Cubs organization.  I was a Cubs fan when I was a little kid and it was day baseball.   It will be interesting the future of Wrigley Field since it's a tourist attraction.

I feel more sadness about the Sox like it's a funeral.  I still haven't forget the excitement when they first signed Fisk and Luzinski, then you had Kittle as well in a park where there are no cheap homeruns.  Reinsdorf was never cheap. I get his caution about spending big money since they are bad at it.  A wise owner would invest in scouting and development.   At one time the Sox were good at that.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I feel the same way.  I'm jealous of the Cubs organization.  I was a Cubs fan when I was a little kid and it was day baseball.   It will be interesting the future of Wrigley Field since it's a tourist attraction.

I feel more sadness about the Sox like it's a funeral.  I still haven't forget the excitement when they first signed Fisk and Luzinski, then you had Kittle as well in a park where there are no cheap homeruns.  Reinsdorf was never cheap. I get his caution about spending big money since they are bad at it.  A wise owner would invest in scouting and development.   At one time the Sox were good at that.

Couldn't agree more, and yes I was a Cubs fan also until about 12 years old for the same reason until an older neighbor scolded me for rooting for the Cubs.  That was back in the day of Dick Allen, Bill Melton, Carlos "missing a thumb" Lee and  Walter "No Neck Williams" and I never looked back. That was 52 years ago and I still remember the "Roof Shots" of Fisk, The Bull, and Kittle that brought excitement to the Southside.

• Fire 1

49 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

That was back in the day of Dick Allen, Bill Melton, Carlos "missing a thumb" Lee and  Walter "No Neck Williams" and I never looked back.

I think by that time, the Cubs were clearing out their classis 60's lineup. Beckert, Santo, Williams, Hundley, Jenkins, Kessinger, Banks retired, they traded Kenny Holtzman, for reasons. It was a good time to jump ship. 

• Like 2