Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

That’s fair and they added Verdugo as well.

Thing is, I absolutely hate the Cubs so when I saw Rogers say that, I was relieved the trade didn’t happen.   It didn’t seem realistic to me, which is why it seems like something Rogers must have heard from his deep Cubs connections.

https://cubbiescrib.com/posts/cubs-could-have-grabbed-this-insane-prospect-from-the-yankees-in-a-cody-bellinger-trade-01h6vx3rqp9x

They were all in on Cody Bellinger, until he came off the market. From what I understand … they have a really good prospect, Jasson Dominguez, I think he may have even been thrown in a deal. "

That’s not exactly a definitive rumors. I THINK he MAY…not a lot of conviction with that one.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They are saying Judge. It’s such a terribly built team. 

I think they need to launch Stanton and have Soto/Judge/Verdugo/Rizzo rotate the DH spot playing a real CF in the OF.

I guess Stanton is ok for the occasional bomb still, though.

Edit: just saw his post about moving Verdugo, who was traded for when they didn't have Soto.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

It is obvious that Dylan Cease is one of target for the Orioles if not the top target.  However, there are enough chatters out there for the Orioles being involved in Valdez, Luzardo, Garrett, and Woo to be the only target.  Honestly, Mike Elias type of trades would be Woo or Garrett.  Players with longer controls.  

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t know it…I’m just assuming it. Like how you guys are assuming what must come back for Cease. Or basically anything else discussed on a message board. 

I hope he is available. I hope that shitty org continues to trade away their best young players and best hope to be a real issue long term. I want them to do that.

But they blew their Intl pool wad on JD when they signed him. Literally spent all their money on him.

They started up his clock last year, in a year where they were out of it (and he performed well) and they were going to hand him the starting job out of ST this year too.

And the talk has been he will be right back up as soon as he is healthy this year, which is projected to be around July.

I think they view him as a real piece long term.

They didn’t want to trade Volpe either and they had opportunity to do it and decided to keep him. jD is a better talent and the injury doesn’t diminish how you view him long term.

My valuations have all been data driven with very clear assumptions.  I have shared my thinking with your board and no one has disputed anything other than not liking the proposed price.  I think you guys want to believe you have some magical treasure chest of prospects that no one else possesses.  If your top three are truly off limits, then what you have to offer can be matched.

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Platoon of Grisham/Stanton where Grisham sits against lefties and Judge plays CF in that scenario? 

Playing Judge in CF with Soto in LF will be a dream scenario for opponents when it comes to OF defense. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My valuations have all been data driven with very clear assumptions.  I have shared my thinking with your board and no one has disputed anything other than not liking the proposed price.  I think you guys want to believe you have some magical treasure chest of prospects that no one else possesses.  If your top three are truly off limits, then what you have to offer can be matched.

What does this have to do with that post and the Yankees stance on Dominguez?

And btw, I don’t disagree with you but you are missing a key component.

Kjerstad and Cowser would be tough to beat. If you look at where they are ranked and you look at the prospects that most sites have in the top 35 or so, how many of those guys are realistically available? It’s not many..if any.

So, again, the context on this board has been that the team doesn’t want a quantity package, despite myself and others on our board saying that it could be on the table.  If you guys are right(and you may be) and they want a high end prospect, what team is offering it?  Who is that player? Red Sox might..maybe. Who else?

Edited by Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This thread is instantly more enjoyable without reading post after post of someone telling everyone they are wrong for disagreeing with them. It's quite nice.

What a horrible take. You're dead wrong on this.

• Haha 4
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m enjoying reading the Orioles board try to question why James Fox would post inside information on the Sox board.  Hey James, lucky guess on the lefty reliever!

I clearly just like the attention or I’m making it all up…..

• Haha 1

Looking at MLB prospect rankings, 3 AL East teams that are being talked about the most here have interesting rankings:

Orioles have 1, 14, 24, 27, 46, and 50

Red Sox have 11, 35, 72 and 82

Yankees have 73, 74, 75 and 95

White Sox have 17, 61 and 81.

Colton Cowser or Marcelo Mayer will be #1 prospect for the White Sox.  Top 3 Red Sox prospects and all 6 Orioles prospects would be #1 in the Yankees system.  @Sports Guyis correct in saying that Cowser and Ortiz package would be difficult to beat for the Yankees. 

1 minute ago, Snowy Demon said:

Looking at MLB prospect rankings, 3 AL East teams that are being talked about the most here have interesting rankings:

Colton Cowser or Marcelo Mayer will be #1 prospect for the White Sox.  Top 3 Red Sox prospects and all 6 Orioles prospects would be #1 in the Yankees system.  @Sports Guyis correct in saying that Cowser and Ortiz package would be difficult to beat for the Yankees. 

Gimme Anthony over either

12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I clearly just like the attention or I’m making it all up…..

lol…I have been trying to tell them you are legit.

The one thing you guys have to understand is that board has been around for 25 years and in the 2000s, we had a lot of “insiders”’and while some of them had some good info at times, we also got put through the ringer some which culminated in the Teixeira free agency time period. 

Ever since then, they are just skeptical about things. I wouldn’t take it personal. End of the day, you know you aren’t trying to mess with people and that’s all that matters.

I think people take that stuff too seriously and too many people are overly sensitive about it.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

I would take Montgomery over Cowser in a heartbeat 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

Just want to clarify something, just to be fair. That MlB list isn’t updated.  I doubt anyone reputable would have Cowser over Basallo or Mayo and that list currently is. Also, Cowser isn’t that high on most other sites but there are a lot of people that love him.

But your overall point is still correct. I mean, this is just a process of elimination right? Look at the lists of the top 40 guys. Go over which ever ones you want/like/respect.

How many of those top 40 guys are actually going to be available in a Cease deal?

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I would take Montgomery over Cowser in a heartbeat 

We have some fans that value Ortiz just as if not more highly  than Cowser because of position.  I don’t see that myself but I get the thought process in terms of positional value.

15 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

I feel like this is how Rick Hahn used to make trades. 

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic