Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Snowy Demon said:

This is so true.  Just like people do not want to hear that their possessions such as houses do not worth as much as they think, people do not want to hear that their teams' players are not worth as much as they expect.  

And it’s only one side that is wrong.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m sorry, I missed the other teams that have traded for Cease.

You all want to put this on Elias yet every single in team in baseball that is or has been interested in Cease have said thanks but no thanks.

What are you talking about, just because a deal hasn't been made yet doesn't mean anyone has said no thanks.

Holy crap, its January 4th and Snell hasn't signed yet. I guess he sucks.

Well...at least this is stretching on and on so long that the Machado thread length will be threatened.

And no matter what the level of ultimate disappointment...it won't rival the original Friends & Family that at least made some degree of sense.

Royals Friends and Family is so much worse, simply because it means aspiring to 4th place, when those players were actually in their primes.

Not even 2nd or 3rd.

(And we already played the J.Dyson card, too.)

Just now, T R U said:

What are you talking about, just because a deal hasn't been made yet doesn't mean anyone has said no thanks.

Holy crap, its January 4th and Snell hasn't signed yet. I guess he sucks.

Do you think trades have been proposed to other teams?

5 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

This is so true.  Just like people do not want to hear that their possessions such as houses do not worth as much as they think, people do not want to hear that their teams' players are not worth as much as they expect.  

I was referring more to the circular discussions. 

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m sorry, I missed the other teams that have traded for Cease.

You all want to put this on Elias yet every single in team in baseball that is or has been interested in Cease have said thanks but no thanks.

I’m glad it’s not easy for every team in baseball to say yes.  Mercy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

No idea, they have obviously talked to teams. Neither you or I know what has or hasn't been proposed.

And even if the Sox asked for the Orioles top 5 prospects for Cease, not wanting to do THAT deal is not the same as passing completely.

He's going to get traded eventually, hes a valuable asset. This isn't a salary dump that you just get done. Its going to take time and lengthy discussions before either teams is comfortable with the returns.

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And it’s only one side that is wrong.

Since it's all hypothetical at this point, no one is right or wrong. But no one will admit it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

This is fucking rich coming from you. 

I have said from the beginning that I would make a trade you all would agree to. I have said from the beginning that if Elias doesn’t get another real starter, it’s a failure on his part.

But you guys have this belief that Getz is in the right here..yet no one is trading for Cease yet, other teams have moved onto other and sometimes lesser options and yet you guys continue to think Elias is the problem because he’s not giving you what you want.

Are all the other GMs wrong too?  Is the Reds GM wrong?  Is Friedman wrong? Is Anthopolus wrong?  

Or is there some small chance that maybe Getz is requesting something so high that the other teams don’t feel it’s a trade worth making?

• TLR 1

So silly people getting emotional about trades that may or may not happen.  There is no obligation for the Orioles or the White Sox to make trades or anyone else.  It is a fun exercise for what if purposes.  If any front office have their decisions influenced by these fan boards, they should be fired immediately. 

No, Rick Hahn sabotaged Kenny Williams' "big board" on the way out in a fit of moderate obligatory rage and also only left behind contact information for Baltimore and those teams he was attempting to send TA7 to.

So Chris Getz is flying totally blind despite being a fellow Wolverine...along with Scott Merkin.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

No idea, they have obviously talked to teams. Neither you or I know what has or hasn't been proposed.

And even if the Sox asked for the Orioles top 5 prospects for Cease, not wanting to do THAT deal is not the same as passing completely.

He's going to get traded eventually, hes a valuable asset. This isn't a salary dump that you just get done. Its going to take time and lengthy discussions before either teams is comfortable with the returns.

You shouldn't have answered him. He's going to twist himself into a pretzel to try and convince everyone that Getz was somehow directly involved in the trade talks last trade deadline with 100% certainty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T R U said:

He's going to get traded eventually, hes a valuable asset. This isn't a salary dump that you just get done. It’s going to take time and lengthy discussions before either teams is comfortable with the returns.

To be clear, I’d be shocked if he’s not traded.

Im solely talking about the idea that some seem to have that Elias is holding this up.

If he is holding it up, so is every other interested GM…or maybe they just feel Getz is asking for too much and that’s why a deal hasn’t gotten done?

1 minute ago, Snowy Demon said:

So silly people getting emotional about trades that may or may not happen.  There is no obligation for the Orioles or the White Sox to make trades or anyone else.  It is a fun exercise for what if purposes.  If any front office have their decisions influenced by these fan boards, they should be fired immediately. 

This we can agree on. 

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Since it's all hypothetical at this point, no one is right or wrong. But no one will admit it. 

Of course no one is wrong…that’s my damn point!

Getz wants a lot because he should…other teams don’t want to pay it because they shouldn’t.

Eventually a middle ground will be met with some team. 

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I have said from the beginning that I would make a trade you all would agree to. I have said from the beginning that if Elias doesn’t get another real starter, it’s a failure on his part.

But you guys have this belief that Getz is in the right here..yet no one is trading for Cease yet, other teams have moved onto other and sometimes lesser options and yet you guys continue to think Elias is the problem because he’s not giving you what you want.

Are all the other GMs wrong too?  Is the Reds GM wrong?  Is Friedman wrong? Is Anthopolus wrong?  

Or is there some small chance that maybe Getz is requesting something so high that the other teams don’t feel it’s a trade worth making?

What date is it today? Did the regular season start? 

Im solely talking about the idea that some seem to have that Elias is holding this up.

If he is holding it up, so is every other interested GM…or maybe they just feel Getz is asking for too much and that’s why a deal hasn’t gotten done?

Or these are negotiations where they are still talking? 

2 minutes ago, Snowy Demon said:

Not to mention obligatory spring training injuries (no WBC to rely upon) and the very real risk of Cease himself getting hurt.

After acquiring enough former  Royals to populate Omaha and Memphis...Getz would 100% be off to laughing stock status if he somehow manages to screw up this one.

And not even Poppysox will dare to extol his various virtues.

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If you truly believe they have a top 5 farm system on the pitching side then why bother trading for Cease? Just give DL hall, Povich and the gang a go and let’s see how it goes.

Having good stuff and being an MLB-ready pitcher are entirely different things.  I think in a year or two, the O’s MiL pitching may have caught up to the pitching side, but they’re not going to supplant the role that a guy like Cease would play in 2024-25.   

21 minutes ago, Baron said:

I'm just so pleased that after all the years this forum has been active we have the arbiter of sports discussion finally onboard. He's really setting off to show his knowledge of baseball and to correct every little nuance that he deems wrong. It's a privilege really. 

Also amazing he knows more about the Sox and Getz than we do

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Everyone seems to have it that way because Baltimore has a prospect excess and needs a front line starter, the match is there. Has more to do with that than anything.

And yes, spare me, I am aware you think you already have a bunch of TOR pitchers. Hard disagree. We don't need to argue about it.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic