Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

16 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Looking at the rumored ask of the Reds...it's really not that crazy. Maybe the 3rd & 4th pieces could be a bit ambitious, but Lowder and Petty feel about right. 

According to Jason Williams of the Cincinnati Enquirer, Chicago asked Cincinnati for a combination of Rhett Lowder, Chase Petty, Connor Phillips, Edwin Arroyo and an unnamed prospect.

So there #2, #3, #4, #6 , and another piece is absurd. Per MLB.com’s “dated list” that’s #41, #57, and #63 plus Petty and another prospect. 

I mean Lowder and Petty and not much else is probably pretty close imo. 

46 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man I hate Yankees fans.  Fools being acting like Spencer Jones is a future Aaron Judge.  Can’t wait to taste their salty tears when they give up him or Dominguez plus much much more.

I like how they don’t want to give up the Martian OR Jones.

55 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I understand the Brewers not trading Burnes cuz they can still compete but who in the hell thinks Getz isn’t trading Cease?  There is ZERO path to contention so why would they not trade him?

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So why not simply resign him if he was so incredibly valuable?

Why didn't he get a playoff start?

A 7.8 fWAR the last four seasons prior to 2023 means he should have been worth approximately 2 fWAR and $14-18 million...and he outperformed that by 0.6.

Seems obvious they simply can't compete with even the mid market Cardinals?

I guess Elias assumed he could get a better upgrade. We will see if he’s able to do that. He claimed to be after a #1 when the offseason started. 

Because Bradish was in the Cy Young conversation, Grayson Rodriguez had an awesome 2nd half, and Kremer had a very good year after a horrid April. I assume he would’ve started the next game if we managed to win one. 

I don’t care about his stats before he was an Oriole. Same with Lyles the year before who over performed here.

They didn’t try to resign him, as I said Elias was/is  aiming higher. The Cardinals struck fast or they might have circled back. The Orioles are by standards a small market team since baseball owners forced the expose into the area. 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

What does that tell you ?

currently a serious gap in negotiations

That tells me the asking price as extremely high.

17 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

I mean Lowder and Petty and not much else is probably pretty close imo. 

Oh. A local writer had it as Lowder, Petty, and 2 guys not in the top 100. 

So, yeah. That was most probably a counter that no one would accept so Getz and his people could regroup and reassess. They announced they would not continue talks until the major free agents came off the market. I mean, when people talk about Getz's ask, it's like they expect the league to ban him for a year for asking a high price. 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Oh. A local writer had it as Lowder, Petty, and 2 guys not in the top 100. 

So, yeah. That was most probably a counter that no one would accept so Getz and his people could regroup and reassess. They announced they would not continue talks until the major free agents came off the market. I mean, when people talk about Getz's ask, it's like they expect the league to ban him for a year for asking a high price. 

But here is what the Yankees people are saying

currently a serious gap in negotiations

The asking price is the problem. Again, it will be good for you guys if someone buys. But most of what’s being leaked is say8ng similar things. 

4 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

The asking price is the problem. Again, it will be good for you guys if someone buys. But most of what’s being leaked is say8ng similar things. 

And it's probably the more experienced front offices trying to distract Getz through the media. Other teams did that to Kenny Williams when he first started as GM. Accusing him of not being forthright about injuries, and not following through on trades when KW foolishly acquired Edwin Jackson to spin on to the Nationals in trade. 

Getz has probably been in on most of the moves we've made in the last 3-1/2 years. When Cease eventually gets moved, nobody will care about the original ask. 

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I have been thinking that for a couple weeks. I think Getz is probably being a little unrealistic 

Or some teams tried to jump the line before Snell and Monty come off the board. Or Yanks trying to head fake a couple other teams to move on to plan B. It's weird how it's only NY reporters saying that. Maybe that's also tied into Yankee fans screaming on Twitter about Spencer Jones moving in a potential Cease deal. Probably a lot of info being thrown at NY sports media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

Dylan Cease will move before spring training. Probably sometime is January. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Hawk 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Posturing? Yanks negotiating through the press?

Heyman gets spoon fed crap from agents left and right…Boras probably has direct access to Jon’s Twitter account and is using the Yankees to drive up the price for Snell & Montgomery

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And it's probably the more experienced front offices trying to distract Getz through the media. Other teams did that to Kenny Williams when he first started as GM. Accusing him of not being forthright about injuries, and not following through on trades when KW foolishly acquired Edwin Jackson to spin on to the Nationals in trade. 

Getz has probably been in on most of the moves we've made in the last 3-1/2 years. When Cease eventually gets moved, nobody will care about the original ask. 

I don’t disagree. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

High yes …. But it appears quite excessive. 

You have no idea what he’s asking the Yankees for. It should be high. Anything short of Dominguez/Jones + Hampton + a solid third piece would be doing the White Sox a disservice in this potential trade.

• Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic