Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

14 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yanks can't get it done without Spencer Jones imo. 

Agreed.  I'm not a huge Jones guy but he undoubtedly has a tremendously high ceiling and there has to be at least one of that type of player in this deal.   He could be a Matt Olson type or he could be a Joey Gallo type but they have to take that chance because the system is in desperate need for high impact players. 

30 minutes ago, fathom said:

I thought it was interesting that the Sox “believe” they can get better prospects than the Orioles.  If Jones and Hampton are on the table, then they must have some inclination that the Orioles are willing to offer a strong package.

but I still don't understand why anyone would want the Yankees involved in these trade discussions.  :lolhitting

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Agreed.  I'm not a huge Jones guy but he undoubtedly has a tremendously high ceiling and there has to be at least one of that type of player in this deal.   He could be a Matt Olson type or he could be a Joey Gallo type but they have to take that chance because the system is in desperate need for high impact players. 

IIRC, the Sox were linked to him prior to the draft 

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

I thought it was interesting that the Sox “believe” they can get better prospects than the Orioles.  If Jones and Hampton are on the table, then they must have some inclination that the Orioles are willing to offer a strong package.

Doesn't it say the Sox believe they can get better prospects "from" the Orioles?

But, according to someone with knowledge of the White Sox’ thinking, Chicago believes it can get a better return from the Baltimore Orioles, who have a deeper farm system, especially after the Yankees send a bunch of talent to the San Diego Padres for Juan Soto.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Doesn't it say the Sox believe they can get better prospects "from" the Orioles?

Sorry, totally meant to say “from” and not “than”, as the rest of my post said they must have an inclination the Orioles will offer a good package 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sorry, totally meant to say “from” and not “than”, as the rest of my post said they must have an inclination the Orioles will offer a good package 

Maybe they have a good package on the table and are still holding out for as long as possible.

41 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

How can we get Randy Miller hired to the Chicago media?  The guy has covered more interesting Sox info in this one article than our local scrubs have all offseason.

Because the info is coming from the NY side and local media here is too afraid to lose access?

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Seems like it might be, but damn would that be amazing.  Lombard is a slightly more realistic third piece although that could be pushing it as well.

I think I'd be pleased with a Hampton, Jones, and Lombard package.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jim Bowden hypothetical trade!

Dylan Cease to BOS for Marcelo Mayer, Wikelman Gonzalez, Jarren Duran

🤔

Not for Mayer, their top prospect,  unless Cease is signing a long term contract w Boston.   I could see Duran, Boston's  3rd pick Rafaela and a another pick for Cease.

• TLR 1

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I think I'd be pleased with a Hampton, Jones, and Lombard package.

FWIW, fangraphs in their update a few weeks ago has Jones as the Yankees top prospect (55 FV) and as someone else pointed out previously he’s probably a better fit for the Sox timeline than Dominguez. Fangraphs has Hampton at #5 (50 FV) and Lombard at #7 (45+ FV). That package plus a lotto feels about right. You’ve got two top 100 mlb prospects, one with massive upside, and another fringe top 100 guy.

• Like 4

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

FWIW, fangraphs in their update a few weeks ago has Jones as the Yankees top prospect (55 FV) and as someone else pointed out previously he’s probably a better fit for the Sox timeline than Dominguez. Fangraphs has Hampton at #5 (50 FV) and Lombard at #7 (45+ FV). That package plus a lotto feels about right. You’ve got two top 100 mlb prospects, one with massive upside, and another fringe top 100 guy.

For a team that wants to get more athletic, Jones is a good fit

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

For a team that wants to get more athletic, Jones is a good fit

Seems like there’s a ton of risk with him but also potentially a very high reward. Also, seems like a great long term fit for the RF black hole (potentially). I like that his arb clock hasn’t started yet too compared to Dominguez. Also, Hampton is probably the best pitching prospect we’ve seen in any of these potential trade proposals outside of the early Braves’ proposals. I really like that as well.

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Seems like there’s a ton of risk with him but also potentially a very high reward. Also, seems like a great long term fit for the RF black hole (potentially). I like that his arb clock hasn’t started yet too compared to Dominguez. Also, Hampton is probably the best pitching prospect we’ve seen in any of these potential trade proposals outside of the early Braves’ proposals. I really like that as well.

If nothing else it would really help the OF defense if his hit tool takes time to develop when he gets to the MLB level. 

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If nothing else it would really help the OF defense if his hit tool takes time to develop when he gets to the MLB level. 

Exactly. Sounds like he has a strong arm and runs well but needs work on routes that will come with more reps. Certainly seems like a good fit for RF long term.

What do people prefer  if these were the competing offers:

NYY: Jones, Hampton/Warren,  Lombard/Lalane

BAL: Cowser/Kjerstad, Ortiz/Norby, Povich

I have my doubts Elias will actually sack up.

I'd be very happy with a NYY deal centered around Jones and one of their best pitchers. 

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I'd be very happy with a NYY deal centered around Jones and one of their best pitchers. 

I'm not familiar enough with the players but any package that has one of the best position players and one of the best pitching prospects is acceptable. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

It’s hard not to want the O’s prospects I’ve been pining for for ages, but NYY seems more willing to make a deal. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I’d give the slight edge to the Yankees package. I think it has more risk but also more upside. Right now the Sox need to swing for upside imo.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic