Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Which part was I wrong about?  Getz was given the GM job/promotion without even an interview.  Reinsdorf said this in his press conference when he announced the firings of Hahn and Kenny and this GM change.  Reinsdorf said “he knew Getz” so he didn’t even need to interview him for the job.

How many other MLB teams would have hired Getz as their GM?  Please provide a direct answer without another vague response like this one.

Probably only the WS.  That doesn't change the fact that JR has known Getz personally for over 10+ years.  He apparently thinks Getz capable of handling the checkbook.  When you own the toybox you get to decide who plays.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Probably only the WS.  That doesn't change the fact that JR has known Getz personally for over 10+ years.  He apparently thinks Getz capable of handling the checkbook.  When you own the toybox you get to decide who plays.

I respect this answer.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

I pose the same question nobody answered last week. If you worked for a shitty boss at a bad company, do you believe you should never be employed again in your life because you have been programmed to fail?

I don't think you should be prompted  within that same shitty organization. How do you change a shitty organization? I don't think it's by promoting from within. 

Who did he learn from? What examples does he have to draw on? 

Successful organizations can promote from within, shitty (your description) need outside help. 

His career path should have been a lateral move to a better organization. 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

So question for the group that people probably won’t like: what type of package is doable with Jordan Westburg as the “headliner” from Baltimore? Heyman mentioned that the Sox wanted him and I think he’s too good to be a secondary piece, personally. I wonder if something like Westburg, Beavers, Wagner and McDermott is enough? McDermott and Beavers could easily be T100 types this year. I’m just not sure. If Getz is asking for Westburg plus one of Cowser/Kjerstad/Mayo though, I just feel like that never gets done. 

I think Cease is the Opening Day starter before Getz takes a light return. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, poppysox said:

When you own the toybox you get to decide who plays.

Damn great post. 

I totally respect that JR owns the sandbox. His customers are questioning his ability to maintain a sandbox we are willing to pay for. 

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Damn great post. 

I totally respect that JR owns the sandbox. His customers are questioning his ability to maintain a sandbox we are willing to pay for. 

Sure, it’s his way or the highway.  But he will be hurting his own attendance and Sox fans can’t wait until he is gone.  Not that it matters, because he earns money regardless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sure, it’s his way or the highway.  But he will be hurting his own attendance and Sox fans can’t wait until he is gone.  Not that it matters, because he earns money regardless.

It's a strange relationship between a team and it's fans. What other business do we really care about the ownership? If this team was a restaurant we all would be eating somewhere else. Yet here we are. Lol we really are crazy

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

It's a strange relationship between a team and it's fans. What other business do we really care about the ownership? If this team was a restaurant we all would be eating somewhere else. Yet here we are. Lol we really are crazy

Well, we know that the owner in this case is neutering his GM.  Hahn was obviously not the best GM but it was also obvious he wanted to do more than Jerry let him.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

57 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I believe this was posted already but would Orioles fans be okay with Paxton or Ryu as your big offseason starter acquisition?  One guy is always injured and the other just came back from TJ surgery.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I believe this was posted already but would Orioles fans be okay with Paxton or Ryu as your big offseason starter acquisition?  One guy is always injured and the other is came back from TJ surgery.

Some are delusional enough to think we don’t even need a starter. Some think adding anyone would be fine, as long as Elias signs off on it.

Overall though, most would be unhappy but they wouldn’t be surprised if that’s all that’s accomplished.

31 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Probably. He’ll be risking injury or regression for the same return in July though. 

He had 2.5 years of control at the last trade deadline and the blockbuster wasn’t there. It’s dumb to think that will change.

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

So question for the group that people probably won’t like: what type of package is doable with Jordan Westburg as the “headliner” from Baltimore? Heyman mentioned that the Sox wanted him and I think he’s too good to be a secondary piece, personally. I wonder if something like Westburg, Beavers, Wagner and McDermott is enough? McDermott and Beavers could easily be T100 types this year. I’m just not sure. If Getz is asking for Westburg plus one of Cowser/Kjerstad/Mayo though, I just feel like that never gets done. 

I hold out

39 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I think Cease is the Opening Day starter before Getz takes a light return. 

No, you have to get two high quality guys rather than one really solid Top 50ish guy and 3-4 lottery tickets unless you have a great scouting and evaluation as well as development side.

Especially as 2B shouldn't be the priority compared to SS.

Odds are pretty high Montgomery ends up at third or potentially 1B...obviously 3B would be exponentially preferable.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

It would frustrate me that Getz couldn’t make a deal with the Dodgers for Busch, a pitcher and another prospect.

Busch is 26 years old and likely a 1B/DH who I doubt Getz was ever truly interested in due to his complete and utter lack of a glove.  The dude would likely be close to 30 years old by the time the Sox have a competitive team.

There’s no way he should be one of the top returns in a Cease trade.  The Cubs got him for an unproven 19 year old Jackson Ferris that may not amount to anything, not a legitimate starter in Cease, whether you think he’s an ace or a #3 starter.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

It would frustrate me that Getz couldn’t make a deal with the Dodgers for Busch, a pitcher and another prospect.

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Yeah, not getting Busch there is a head scratcher

You guys wanted a first baseman for Cease? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic