Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Disagree. NYY lacks leverage here.

Unless they are willing to pay a ton of money and tax, they are stuck, especially if Martino's report is right about other teams having superior offers.

“Unless the Yankees are willing to spend money they have no leverage”.

I would like to challenge you to read this sentence again.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

“Unless the Yankees are willing to spend money they have no leverage”.

I would like to challenge you to read this sentence again.

Balta...they are knee deep in tax territory already and Hal cares about budgets unlike his father. Whatever offer they make to one of the two FAs, it's basically double with the tax.

8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Disagree. NYY lacks leverage here.

Unless they are willing to pay a ton of money and tax, they are stuck, especially if Martino's report is right about other teams having superior offers.

NYY could also just trade for Cease in a few months. The Yankees have a deep enough roster to hang around for the first half of the season. A trade for Cease further down the road makes more sense. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If Dominguez and Jones are off limits we should get Arias (T100 #86), Hampton (T100 #92), Lalane (#9), and like Vivas or another arm should be doable right? I was trying to find a LHH OF but you got to go to prospect numbers 28 and 29 for that.

I think a guy like Brandon Mayea could be a huge bust out candidate in a year or two as well that maybe we can get today, but not in a year.

2 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

NYY could also just trade for Cease in a few months. The Yankees have a deep enough roster to hang around for the first half of the season. A trade for Cease further down the road makes more sense. 

Their pitching could be terrible

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think a guy like Brandon Mayea could be a huge bust out candidate in a year or two as well that maybe we can get today, but not in a year.

Make him or a 4th (or 5th depending on what rest of deal looks like) piece.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Also would tack in John Cruz as a similar guy who seems to be having a break out.  He put up HUGE LH power numbers in rookie ball at 18 after being in the class of 22 for the Yankees Latin American signings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Also would tack in John Cruz as a similar guy who seems to be having a break out.  He put up HUGE LH power numbers in rookie ball at 18 after being in the class of 22 for the Yankees Latin American signings.

Noticed him too at the very low end of the 30.

40 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

I disagree that their roster is deep enough.  Their starting pitching is wretched, especially if Rodon doesn’t come back to form.  If Baltimore Toronto and Tampa get out in front again it might be too late 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Not sure how to read this. Is he comparing the current Yankees offer to past offers from other teams? Or does this read as Getz is soliciting a bunch of current offers from other teams that trump this new Yankees proposal?

Or which side is feeding the info.

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I disagree that their roster is deep enough.  Their starting pitching is wretched, especially if Rodon doesn’t come back to form.  If Baltimore Toronto and Tampa get out in front again it might be too late 

Yeah, Rodon may not come back to form or join Cole on the IL. The latter is more likely. Cortes may also join them. Stroman also hasn't been the picture of health in recent years.

They need someone they can pencil in for 32 starts.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

The Yankees probably put in a polite call to see if the Spring results had dramatically dropped the price on Cease, but aren’t going to pay a high price for him based on this. The likely scenario is that this loss is a huge problem for them and trying to barely patch it with Cease isn’t getting them anywhere.

What?  I don’t follow here.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic