Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Worthwhile quote from Rosenthal‘s article for context:

The Dallas Morning News reported that White Sox scouts have “descended in droves” upon Rangers camp this week. Multiple members of the White Sox’s front office have scouted the San Diego Padres in similar fashion, sources said.

The question for the Rangers is whether they would be willing to meet the White Sox’s desired return, which according to sources is in the range of these three players, if not them specifically: utility man Ezequiel Durán and pitching prospects Brock Porter and Jack Leiter.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, fathom said:

Rosenthal saying it’s the Rangers that are serious about getting him.  Would Duran, Leiter and Porter be enough?

If we aren’t getting a single top 25-50 prospect, I would want a bit more quantity of lesser but still good quality prospects:

Walcott, Porter, Leiter, and Foscue.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

And this one as well:

Early Tuesday, I heard the Texas Rangersmight be close to acquiring Chicago White Sox right-hander Dylan Cease. The tip turned out not to be true, at least at that moment, but two sources briefed on the talks confirmed the teams engaged in recent discussions.

4 minutes ago, Pal said:

Would you rather have Spencer Jones and outside the top 100 pieces with NY (NY loves this guy, obviously) or multiple top 100 pieces from Texas?

The Rangers don't have multiple top 100 guys. Outside of Carter and Langford it's just Walcott. The package mentioned by Rosenthal is super underwhelming. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

So you think they’d give up Jones? But will minimal coming back after?

I'd be shocked if they gave him up. If they did, he's the bulk of the package. It will be fluff added.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

The Rangers don't have multiple top 100 guys. Outside of Carter and Langford it's just Walcott. The package mentioned by Rosenthal is super underwhelming. 

Isn’t Porter a backend 80-90 guy in most publications?

yes, the rosenthal package is booty

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yuck, hope this isn’t true.  Getz needs to up his expectations on what a good position player is.

Duran being a key piece of a Cease trade makes no sense to me.  The versatility is nice, but a RH hitter with zero discipline is the last thing we need to kick off our rebuild.

Porter is a nice SP prospect but not good enough to be the other big piece if paired with Duran.  I’m ok with Leiter as a secondary piece assuming Bannister is pushing for him, but again, not overly exciting when combined with the top two pieces.  Very meh package to me.

• Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Duran being a key piece of a Cease trade makes no sense to me.  The versatility is nice, but a RH hitter with zero discipline is the last thing we need to kick off our rebuild.

Porter is a nice SP prospect but not good enough to be the other big piece if paired with Duran.  I’m ok with Leiter as a secondary piece assuming Bannister is pushing for him, but again, not overly exciting when combined with the top two pieces.  Very meh package to me.

It would be an absolute no brainer for the Rangers, which means Sox should say no

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Isn’t Porter a backend 80-90 guy in most publications?

yes, the rosenthal package is booty

Porter is 88 on Pipeline. Doesn't Crack top 100 on BA or Fangraphs.

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic