White Sox Finalists for Fedde

Chicago White Sox

43 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Bad but with some more upside guys like Severino for example. People were even hopeful we would bring back Giolito, along with his friend Flaherty.

When the hope was bounce back guys, and instead we get warmish bodies with random letters stitched to the back of their jerseys. There's regular Sox dumpster diving, and then there's scraping the putrid grime off the very bottom. Thanks JR...

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

When the hope was bounce back guys, and instead we get warmish bodies with random letters stitched to the back of their jerseys.

Soroka and Fedde are as bounce-back-y as Severino and Manaea. Probably more intriguing, as Sev & Man have been down for a while. Soroka's coming back from injury and Fedde looks like a different pitcher from what left America. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

When the hope was bounce back guys, and instead we get warmish bodies with random letters stitched to the back of their jerseys. There's regular Sox dumpster diving, and then there's scraping the putrid grime off the very bottom. Thanks JR...

We go from a "Championship Window" team possible World Series team to this. How disgusting when this ownership group and front office fails us all!

• Thanks 4
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I keep checking for updates on this as if Erick Fedde is Ohtani. I need help.

He must be related to Ohtani, JR's actually gonna try for Ohtani hoping that by signing his relatives he'll take the Sox low-ball offer just like Machado....wait I forgot Machado took the $$$

3 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

If he was smart he would take the Mets offer, why would anyone choose the Sox if money was similar.

Certainly not to join an organization run by JR, a rookie GM, and Pedro.

If it were me, I would take the Sox. I think you will have a longer runway to show you are a new player and to get rid of the old stigma attached to him.  The Mets may not give that same flexibility / run, so to me, if I were him and money was even near equal, the opportunity Sox would provide him to have is > for his long-term earnings capacity. 

Mets could pivot away from that $10M in a week, where as Sox are  going to view that as a bigger investment and thus put more time before entirely "writing it off".  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You could always make a prediction based on what your gut is telling u.😋

Bold prediction time:

1. Fedde officially signs with White Sox for 2/$11M by 7pm central
  2. Sox come in 6th place in the draft lottery and all hell breaks loose
  3. Getz executes a trade late tonight (~11pm) that no one sees coming 
  4. Sox officially sign a veteran C tier catcher before EOD tomorrow
  5. Cole Wilcox is selected by us at pick #4 in the Rule 5 draft
Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 1

I don't know how many guys have come over from Korea, especially guys who started stateside like Fedde. Merrill Kelly is the big success story that I'm familiar with. So for whatever it's worth, Fedde pitched a hell of a lot better in the KBO than Kelly ever did. Of course, scouting is a bit harder than just comparing statistics.

• Like 1