Glasnow traded to Dodgers

Chicago White Sox

22 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Because that would require him to meet and talk to new people.

Pretty crazy that if you don't want to spend big money on players, spend it in scouting and development and then you can just cycle through good players and trade them before they get super expensive and you restock the farm and have suitable replacements on the cheap ready to fill the hole that was created.

Seems like this would be perfect for a guy like JR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T R U said:

Pretty crazy that if you don't want to spend big money on players, spend it in scouting and development and then you can just cycle through good players and trade them before they get super expensive and you restock the farm and have suitable replacements on the cheap ready to fill the hole that was created.

Seems like this would be perfect for a guy like JR.

Completely agree that it would be perfect in a world where he wasn’t just mailing it in at this point. But unfortunately he is, so the upfront work required to change is, well, work. And that’s too big of an ask for a dude that just wants to coast.

10 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Completely agree that it would be perfect in a world where he wasn’t just mailing it in at this point. But unfortunately he is, so the upfront work required to change is, well, work. And that’s too big of an ask for a dude that just wants to coast.

Anti Rays...

Ran down values of Anderson Kopech Moncada Madrigal Vaughn and Eloy.

Even Cease to a lesser extent.

Then watched Robert become too valuable to trade...and too risky for other teams to put together prospect packages.

Then matched them together with some of the worst coaches in baseball and top it all off by decapitating your scouting department as well.

Oh and lost Rodon for pretty much nothing.  Fortunate to get what they did for Giolito because the Angels we're so desperate to hold onto Ohtani. 

Might have sold high on Burger...time will tell there if Ramos was the better long term play.  Of course that trade also might have gotten KW and Hahn fired, too, for being at cross-purposes.

This is the sort of deal I was looking for with Cease: a Young pitcher, a young OF and, a couple of longshot prospects (Rays received a salary dump in lieu of the longshot prospects).   The pitcher looks good; I can't tell about the OF on stats, but the Rays fans think he has star potential.

I think it's easier for a GM to trade away players like this versus "top prospects" for which there is always high scrutiny.

1 hour ago, GreenSox said:

This is the sort of deal I was looking for with Cease: a Young pitcher, a young OF and, a couple of longshot prospects (Rays received a salary dump in lieu of the longshot prospects).   The pitcher looks good; I can't tell about the OF on stats, but the Rays fans think he has star potential.

I think it's easier for a GM to trade away players like this versus "top prospects" for which there is always high scrutiny.

Pitcher was Top 5 organizationally....second half of Top 100 MiLB, but then put up really solid big league numbers in the late season call up.