Will any team give Trevor Bauer a last shot?

caulfield12

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah outside of that whole mess, I think teams and other players just really don't like him and using it as an excuse to not sign him.

100%.

I saw the tiktoks that I'm sure that everyone else has watched from Camelback and I cannot believe that he still had all the Bauer showmanship and cocky attitude. 

No look soft tossing ground ball putouts doesn't fly with any club or any coach in like 99.9999% of organized baseball.  I'm very surprised he still behaved like that.  It's almost like he thinks Banana ball or something similar is his only option?  

I was rooting for him big time but I don't think anyone wants to deal with the circus.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

100%.

I saw the tiktoks that I'm sure that everyone else has watched from Camelback and I cannot believe that he still had all the Bauer showmanship and cocky attitude. 

No look soft tossing ground ball putouts doesn't fly with any club or any coach in like 99.9999% of organized baseball.  I'm very surprised he still behaved like that.  It's almost like he thinks Banana ball or something similar is his only option?  

I was rooting for him big time but I don't think anyone wants to deal with the circus.  

Tangentially related: Now that he's donned the Savannah Banana uniform, does Clemens' clock get reset and, if so, I think we should let him in if he's willing to go into the Hall with the Banana logo on his cap.

• Haha 1

He's a jackass. He was fine in Japan but certainly not elite. You put those things together and nobody wants that distraction relative to the upside. Upside might be 150 innings at 4.2 era. Downside is he pisses off you clubhouse and fans and pitches 100 innings at 4.8 era or so.  His zips projected era is 4.3 so I'm not quite just spitballing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quin said:

Here's the thing about Bauer. He runs his mouth constantly. It's why someone like Marcell Ozuna - or Urias the first time around - flies completely under the radar in comparison. Bauer? He decided to tweet out support of a Naval officer whose negligent driving killed two Japanese people, generating controversy in the one place that was letting him pitch. Next level stupid on his part.

Other things worth noting

• Multiple women have accused him. It's not a one-time thing with Mr. Big Brain.
  • Bauer peaked with sticky stuff in 2020. We know this because he basically dared the league to crack down on him.
  • If a guy who dominated in 2020 and part of 2021 was the third best pitcher on his NPL team, why is he suddenly going to be a pitching adonis over here? There's a reason all 30 teams are not willing to deal with the headache that comes with a guy currently peacocking about going up against minor leaguers.

Not to mention he was a toxic teammate. Cleveland dumped his ass after he was pulled from a game and through the ball out of the stadium. 

The entire Dodgers dugout immediately voted to ban his ass from the clubhouse at the first opportunity. Started a fist fight after taunting beloved Joey Votto his short time there. Arizona was glad to dump his ass at the first opportunity.

I was against the Sox pursuing before any domestic violence allegations were publicly known. And the Dosgers once again did a s%*# job when it came to evaluating these widely known issues before handing him nine figures, and then crying to Manfred once they no longer wanted to pay him.

Yesterday:

https://www.nbcsports.com/mlb/news/trevor-bauer-is-brutally-honest-sometimes-just-brutal

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/19/trevor-bauer-cleveland-indians-training-tools-twitter-controversy-cy-young

Still asshole after all these years…

Today:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/02/trevor-bauer-throws-tantrum-on-teammates-in-japanese-league/

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sign him to a minor league deal.  He’d easily be our best starter.  This team really can’t get any more embarrassing than it already is.

You say this like a challenge 

• Haha 2

On 3/11/2024 at 2:00 PM, South Side Hit Men said:

Not to mention he was a toxic teammate. Cleveland dumped his ass after he was pulled from a game and through the ball out of the stadium. 

The entire Dodgers dugout immediately voted to ban his ass from the clubhouse at the first opportunity. Started a fist fight after taunting beloved Joey Votto his short time there. Arizona was glad to dump his ass at the first opportunity.

I was against the Sox pursuing before any domestic violence allegations were publicly known. And the Dosgers once again did a s%*# job when it came to evaluating these widely known issues before handing him nine figures, and then crying to Manfred once they no longer wanted to pay him.

Yesterday:

https://www.nbcsports.com/mlb/news/trevor-bauer-is-brutally-honest-sometimes-just-brutal

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/02/19/trevor-bauer-cleveland-indians-training-tools-twitter-controversy-cy-young

Still asshole after all these years…

Today:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/02/trevor-bauer-throws-tantrum-on-teammates-in-japanese-league/

Oof that video in Japan in just cringe af, they just don't do that s%*# there.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

What a leader.  Sign him up.  He can give the rest of the team the tough love that they need that Grifol is too cowardly to do himself.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

What a leader.  Sign him up.  He can give the rest of the team the tough love that they need that Grifol is too cowardly to do himself.

That dude did not win any hearts with his actions.  A leader is not someone who goes around puffing out their chest and yelling at people.  A leader elevates, mentors, and communicates thoroughly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

The tweet in the second video basically says "no wonder Bauer snapped."

55 minutes ago, JoeC said:

The tweet in the second video basically says "no wonder Bauer snapped."

That run-down was rough. I don't think I've seen the White Sox do anything so stupid all these years and we suck at fundamentals. The only thing that I can think of that is on-par or worse was that play with Baez and the Pirates. 

I think they preach fundamentals quite a bit in Japan, so that type of play is obviously inexcusable. However, it really shouldn't be Bauer's place to show up his teammates like that. That's for the manager to take care of behind closed doors. He's done that many times before, so no wonder his teammates can't wait to get rid of him. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That run-down was rough. I don't think I've seen the White Sox do anything so stupid all these years and we suck at fundamentals. The only thing that I can think of that is on-par or worse was that play with Baez and the Pirates. 

I think they preach fundamentals quite a bit in Japan, so that type of play is obviously inexcusable. However, it really shouldn't be Bauer's place to show up his teammates like that. That's for the manager to take care of behind closed doors. He's done that many times before, so no wonder his teammates can't wait to get rid of him. 

I don't disagree.

• Fire 1

f*** this this guy for giving air to all these former Bauer sex workers / “girlfriends” that fill my twitter feed with their petty bullshit. 

I get it Bauer is a violent asshole but I don’t need your opinions either.

I did one search for the guy…

7 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

That dude did not win any hearts with his actions.  A leader is not someone who goes around puffing out their chest and yelling at people.  A leader elevates, mentors, and communicates thoroughly.

This is a foreign concept in the world of the Chicago White Sox.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I still don’t feel sorry for him.  Bauer is a moron.  Why is he hanging out with these jock chasers in the first place?

Of course he's a moron. Baseball is full of morons. AJ, Crede, Brian Anderson and Aaron Rowand spent their entire Sox tenure drunk, sending dick pics and doing massive amounts of coke in Lakeview. That doesn't mean that Bauer shouldn't sue the league. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2