Whitesox sign Kevin Pillar to Minor League Deal 3M if he makes the club

Vote4Pedro

• Vote4Pedro changed the title to Whitesox sign Kevin Pillar to Minor League Deal 3M if he makes the club
Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Fine by me.. give Cease some good D (no homo) 

Doesn’t do much good if you can’t score some runs. Losing 3-1 or 4-2 every day with a bunch of guys who can’t hit will make for a long year 

He'll battle it out with Brett Phillips to determine the 3rd, possibly 2nd best outfielder for the 2024 Chicago White Sox roster.

I'm good with this, but please sign Duvall would be cromulent for OD RF plus covering all three OF positions.

Kevin Pillar 2023 fWAR 0.1 (206 PA), Projected 2024 fWAR 0.0 (231 PA).

Just now, hi8is said:

He hasn’t had a WAR above 1 for years and has only once in his career had a wRC+ above 100 a single time.

Awesome. 😆

At least he can play defense. Not a high bar to clear, but he’s a farrrr better option than Gavin Sheets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pale Sox said:

They aren’t signing him for what he does on the field at this point. Im fine with it, they need guys who aren’t afraid to call guys out. 

These veterans are totally going to mutiny against Grifol and things will be as nuts as ever.

10 minutes ago, Pale Sox said:

They aren’t signing him for what he does on the field at this point. Im fine with it, they need guys who aren’t afraid to call guys out. 

Call who out though? At some point you have to sign someone to be apart of your core moving forward and all they are doing are signing veterans to 1 year deals who won’t be on the team in 2025 when you see some of the younger kids start to come up at the earliest? I just don’t get it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Call who out though? At some point you have to sign someone to be apart of your core moving forward and all they are doing are signing veterans to 1 year deals who won’t be on the team in 2025 when you see some of the younger kids start to come up at the earliest? I just don’t get it

Honestly, I don't think any ballplayers that can actually play the game at the major league level want to play for the chicago white sox in 2024. 

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Vote4Pedro said:

There is your 2024 opening day RF 🤣🤣

Likely.

More dumpster diving.  Dude is 35 and can’t hit.  It really sucks being a Sox fan.

I’d rather watch Colas get at bats starting on opening day than watch at bats be wasted on this old bum.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Montgomery Ramos Colas...hey Mr. Getz, we're happier down here in the minors.

At least our GM continues to test the "defense first" approach, which would have worked much much better at Old Comiskey.  Hopefully it's worth it just to make Cease and Kopech look better.

Still need hitters who can put the ball on the roof though.