ST Thread

pcq

29 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Looks like more of the same but at least there aren’t any high expectations prior to this season.

Yea the first exhibition game hasn't even been played and already three pitchers are hurt, one out for the season with TJS.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Yea the first exhibition game hasn't even been played and already three pitchers are hurt, one out for the season with TJS.

Lots of teams give out details early in ST about injuries impacting their players.  This isn’t bad at all for the Sox.

• Like 3

Just now, fathom said:

Lots of teams give out details early in ST about injuries impacting their players.  This isn’t bad at all for the Sox.

Well it certainly makes cutting it down from 70 easier that's for sure.😄

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Chris Kamka to Marquee.  Is this the final straw for Sox fans?

I've enjoyed his interesting tweets, but I thought he was just a fan.  Is he a media person or something?

Never mind; I confused him with Jay Cuda.

Edited by GreenSox

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Since 2007, 11 losing seasons, five winning ones and a .500 season. Three playoff appearances. Playoff record in those three appearances is 3-8. Seven playoff appearances in the past 43 years, among the worst in baseball

Knock yourself out enjoying this sir! 😉

You realize being a fan is voluntary, right? 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

that's arguable. some fandom is like a virus, it sleeps for awhile but now and then it will come out even when it's all but dead and killed.

yes, I just compared the white sox to herpes and shingles or some s%*#. 

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

that's arguable. some fandom is like a virus, it sleeps for awhile but now and then it will come out even when it's all but dead and killed.

yes, I just compared the white sox to herpes and shingles or some s%*#. 

Perhaps one should get a vaccine. Of course a vaccine is just a dead version of the virus so either way it's there.

• Love 1

44 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I was born and raised on the South Side, my family was all Sox fans, some of my earliest memories revolve around the team starting in 1960.

I'm loyal but unquestioned loyalty to anything...a government, a religion, a sports team is dangerous.

After following the team for 63 seasons I've earned the right to criticize I think.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm loyal but unquestioned loyalty to anything...a government, a religion, a sports team is dangerous.

I think until my sports team starts asking me to disassociate myself from friends and family, or even hate and shun non-believers, I'm good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I think until my sports team starts asking me to disassociate myself from friends and family, or even hate and shun non-believers, I'm good. 

I’m genuinely uncertain whether you’re saying this would never happen or whether you’re saying that Reinsdorf included this in his latest statement.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That's fine I'd never dispute your right to enjoy what you will. (even if with the Sox it's mediocrity defined!) 😄 

Mediocrity is a very generous word for this team. Sucks is probably better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Can't argue with that but I was trying to be kind. 😉

The difference is, the team doesn't need to win for me to enjoy a game. Granted it's more fun when they win.

• Like 2

I have supported all but a handful of players over the years. Teams are good, bad or mediocre, but nearly all try their best each season, and they didn't determine the payroll or assemble the roster.

If I didn't like the players, not sure what the point was to follow the team or the sport in general. Older now, players are all children age at this point, so have reduced interest over time which I think is a natural progression for many fans. Just a nice Summer routine talking a long walk and listening to the game or enjoying while lounging around with a Summer breeze or perhaps watching with friends or family.

Don't follow any of the other sports at this stage, don't miss them much. Anyway, really looking forward to listening to the game. Planned on trying to watch it and hear the new announcer but looks like cold and snow so Len and DJ on AM 1000 is the plan for this afternoon.

Play Ball!!